Jets
Browns
at Broncos
Packers
at Raiders
at Patriots

A wise man once said, "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

The Good:

Kyle Orton has passed for 300 yards in back to back games, give or take a yard in his first two starts.

The Bills run defense is one of the best in the NFL, if not the best in the league.

The Bills are relatively healthy, unlike many teams with players that have suffered season ending injuries.

Yes, I knocked on wood.

The Bills have depth on defense, enough depth to fill in for Kyle Williams and Kiko Alonso.

The Bills special teams are a lot better than last year.

The Bills wide receivers are just starting to get some chemistry with Orton at QB.

Mike Williams was benched and replaced by Chris Hogan, who has put up much better numbers than Williams. If the Bills can use Hogan like the Patriots use Edelman, the Bills should be much better on offense in the 2nd third of the year.

The Bad:

The Bills secondary unit is ranked 26th in the league against the pass after six games. Very surprising after last year's staunch pass D without Byrd.

The Bills offensive line has struggled.

CJ Spiller and the Bills running game has been a huge disappointment so far, esp. after last year's big rushing numbers.

The Ugly:

Sammy Watson should not be a non factor in Marrone's, "Heavy Tight End," game plan standing on the sidelines against the Patriots, nor should Kyle Williams and Mario Williams be standing on the sidelines with six minutes left in the game.

Sitting Corey Graham after the first two games was not a good decision.

TacklingDummy
10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
8-8 is the best he bills can finish.

Probably be 7-9.

Thurmal
10-14-2014, 09:15 PM
8-8 is the best he bills can finish.

Probably be 7-9.
At the VERY least, there is four losses left on that schedule. No way 9-7 gets it done for a berth. I will also go with 8-8.

Jimbuktu
10-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Bills are about to reel off five in a row.

8-3 headed into the brutal final five.

Ingtar33
10-15-2014, 09:03 AM
if the bills want 10 wins they pretty much have to win the next 6 games. because there is only one "winnable" game in the last 4.

with this schedule it could be possible to go on a 6 game winning streak. but i don't think this team is good enough to do it.

tomz
10-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Though the bills pass d is rated somewhat low, they have given up lots of yards to some of the best passers in the league. Of course we have Rogers, manning and Brady to finish things off.

imbondz
10-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Not to mention we've had one 6-game winning streak since 1990. in 2004 we won 6 straight before losing to the Steelers. In our early 90's heyday, we had one 6-game winning streak, and that was in 1990. We had a bunch of 5 game winning streaks back then, but only one 6-game or more.

Since I haven't started work yet, I just wikipedia'ed our past 30 years of records. it wasn't as rewarding as I was hoping.

Meathead
10-15-2014, 09:50 AM
can already see it coming

that finale in cheatertown is probably going to be for a playoff spot one way or another

any doubt how it will turn out?

DesertFox24
10-15-2014, 09:55 AM
The packers are not a gimme loss. They are good but their defense is not as good since raji got hurt.

Denver is an auto L and I will say the pats is an auto L but it being a division game I think it will be closer than this past Sunday.

We need to win these two games in convincing fashion though and then beat the Chiefs then we can start talking. That will be five games with Orton so he should have all Te kinks worked out or not.

Either way after the Chiefs game we will know if we are in the thick or suck

OpIv37
10-15-2014, 11:46 AM
For this team it's at least 26 games til the playoffs cuz we won't make it this year.

jamze132
10-15-2014, 03:36 PM
I don't see how we finish strong going through that schedule. Our O-line isn't playoff caliber and that will be the determining factor the rest of this season.

trapezeus
10-15-2014, 04:27 PM
i only would pencil in Minny (though i have a hard time guaranteeing that since we always loseone we definitely should win)
one jets game, maybe miami and oakland.

that puts us at 7-9 and essentially to me is the bare minimum of acceptance. you have to win a slew of ****ing games at some point if you want to be a contender...or in our case, mildly exciting for extended periods of time.

normally i hate the middling season, but i really just hate the idea of handing a top 10 pick to cleveland. Also for what its worth, a lot of us were saying that it was worth keep pettine and ditching marrone....alot of football left, but he looks to be doing ok and he has his team beating its unbeatable rival.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2014, 04:33 PM
But enough about the Kansas City Royals winning streak in the post season. Oh wait you mean the Bills. Honestly, I don't see ten wins on that schedule but I do see 9 wins on the season. KC, Minnesota, Fish, split with the Jets, Raiders, and Browns.

ServoBillieves
10-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Honestly? If we don't beat Denver, New England, or Green Bay, I wouldn't want to see this team in the playoffs, so these "automatic losses" can count for all I care if we don't think our team can beat them.

Praying for 13-3, but 10-6 isn't out of the question, while 7-9 is highly probable, and 6-10 meaning bye-bye Marrone.

sudzy
10-15-2014, 06:43 PM
I'm in the 7-9 crowd. Minnesota, 2 of 3 vs Miami and the Jets, Oakland.

imbondz
10-15-2014, 07:27 PM
W-Minnesota
L-at Jets

W-KC
W-at Miami
W-Jets
L-Browns
L-at Broncos
L-Packers
W-at Raiders
L-at Patriots

8-8. that's how I see it. hopefully i'm wrong.