PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams Does NOT Want a Trade

Yasgur's Farm
10-15-2014, 05:55 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/10/15/mike-williams-i-dont-want-to-be-traded/

Bills WR Mike Williams said it was his agent that took it upon himself to seek permission to explore trade options for his client in the wake of him being inactive for last Sunday’s game against the Patriots. Speaking to the media Wednesday for the first time since news of his agent’s actions broke on Monday, the veteran receiver was clear in stating he wants to remain a Buffalo Bill.

“I always wanted to be here,” said Williams. “This is my hometown. It’s somewhere where I always wanted to be. I just have to fight to be one of the top 46 right now.”

swiper
10-15-2014, 06:06 PM
That was Tweeted the other day. He recanted pretty quickly. Whaley handled it well, I thought.

Luisito23
10-15-2014, 06:22 PM
It was comical that people actually took all this serious.

EDS
10-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Pretty sure he learned real quick his trade value was zero.

Mace
10-15-2014, 07:16 PM
I honestly don't even care if Williams wants a trade or not, is happy or sad, but sure wish they'd throw to him, he'd catch stuff and get down farther thataway against the defense for it. There HAS to be a use for the guy or why is he even still here ?

SpikedLemonade
10-15-2014, 07:24 PM
I can't see the Bills paying the guy $5M+ to play next year.

The decision to acquire him was before they got Watkins.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-15-2014, 07:34 PM

The decision to acquire him was before they got Watkins.

Very true. Watkins, Woods are ahead of him. Goodwin has unique skillset.

SpillerThrills
10-15-2014, 07:35 PM
He never said he wanted a trade, his agent made the comment.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2014, 07:41 PM
Very true. Watkins, Woods are ahead of him. Goodwin has unique skillset.

Goodwin is garbage

swiper
10-16-2014, 04:30 AM
Goodwin is garbage

No he's not. He can catch the ball, where TJ Graham could not. His problem? No one to get him the ball.

GvilleBills
10-16-2014, 05:08 AM
Goodwin is garbage

I'm almost with you. Seems to be nicked up all the time, and feels less like a third rounder everyday.
Then he'll catch a bomb, and it's like a Quaalude. I love him again...

GingerP
10-18-2014, 09:46 AM

His $5.2M salary is guaranteed for next year, so they are paying that unless they can find a way to trade him. He also has a $600K workout bonus, which is not guaranteed.

Their options are to trade him and be clear of financial obligations, keep him and pay him $5.8M, or cut him and pay $5.2M. I think they would welcome a trade.

The Jokeman
10-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Goodwin is garbage

Goodwin is a 4th/5th string WR. Not garbage but not worth the 3rd round pick we used on him though.

swiper
10-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Goodwin is a 4th/5th string WR. Not garbage but not worth the 3rd round pick we used on him though.

How can you make such a statement? The guy hasn't even been given a chance (as opposed to TJ Graham). When he did get on the field and thrown to he has produced well enough. EJ Manuel can make Jerry Rice look ordinary. Take it easy on Goodwin.

The Jokeman
10-18-2014, 10:03 AM
How can you make such a statement? The guy hasn't even been given a chance (as opposed to TJ Graham). When he did get on the field and thrown to he has produced well enough. EJ Manuel can make Jerry Rice look ordinary. Take it easy on Goodwin.

Just a gut feeling who knows but right now he's just a depth guy, I've been wrong before as didn't think Stevie would live up to some of the board hype we had for him going into his 3rd year. So maybe Goodwin will prove me wrong but odds are he won't.

OpIv37
10-18-2014, 10:05 AM
This isn't the first time we've had trouble with this agent. He's not Drew Rosenass but he's almost as bad.

The Jokeman
10-18-2014, 10:09 AM
This isn't the first time we've had trouble with this agent. He's not Drew Rosenass but he's almost as bad.

I don't judge players on their agents, as quite frankly if you do then you're severely hindering your abilities to acquire talent. In the end of the day an agent is looking for the best deal for his client whether it be with money and/or to be on a better team as it all comes down to what his client wants.

jimmifli
10-18-2014, 10:48 AM
At this point, I side with the agent. Our front office has been the cause of so many failed negotiations it's not reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Mr. Pink
10-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Goodwin is garbage like Parrish and Graham before him.

OpIv37
10-18-2014, 06:54 PM
At this point, I side with the agent. Our front office has been the cause of so many failed negotiations it's not reasonable to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Ha fair point. Still, it's a dick move to seek a trade for a player who didn't request it.