PDA

View Full Version : Hackett finally getting the respect he deserves.....

HHURRICANE
10-16-2014, 01:41 PM
This week finally opened the flood gates on articles pointing the finger at the biggest issue on this team...offensive coordinator.

Even Marrone started to roll Hackett this week.

You have talent at RB and WR positions and now you have a guy with 7 million in guaranteed money asking to be traded who might not even play again this weekend.

No way Hackett makes it past this season.

Buffalogic
10-16-2014, 01:55 PM
He's an amateur. Dude sucks.

yordad
10-16-2014, 02:10 PM
What did Marrone say?

trapezeus
10-16-2014, 02:25 PM
it's good to be from a strong football family. usually get a longer leash and multiple tries to get it right.

YardRat
10-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Gil has made several good points about the running game over the last couple of weeks. Hackett seems to be hot and cold on play design for the passing game (some are great, some are 'meh') but it really appears he struggles with the run.

tonyc37
10-17-2014, 01:45 AM
Gil has made several good points about the running game over the last couple of weeks. Hackett seems to be hot and cold on play design for the passing game (some are great, some are 'meh') but it really appears he struggles with the run.

Remember when they designed this offense this year it was to help out EJ because of his limitations.And they compounded it by signing Orton so late in the preseason.I believe Marrone wanted to run an up tempo offense but found out that EJ wasn't ready for it.I hope that as Orton gets more comfortable and with the bye coming that you will see some changes following the bye.Thats my hope anyways.So we will see what happens.If they don't fix the O-Line it won't matter much anyhow.

Crisis
10-17-2014, 03:16 AM
Does Colorado State have a HC opening? Maybe they can rescue us from a ****ty OC again.

Fletch
10-17-2014, 04:42 AM
Remember when they designed this offense this year it was to help out EJ because of his limitations.And they compounded it by signing Orton so late in the preseason.I believe Marrone wanted to run an up tempo offense but found out that EJ wasn't ready for it.I hope that as Orton gets more comfortable and with the bye coming that you will see some changes following the bye.Thats my hope anyways.So we will see what happens.If they don't fix the O-Line it won't matter much anyhow.

I think that this team is overly fixated on passing the ball. They haven't run nearly enough with Orton under center. It's like they're trying to prove something now that Orton is starting instead of playing to our strengths.

RedEyE
10-17-2014, 05:13 AM
Are we certain he's the son of Paul Hackett? I'm thinking he better represents the loins of Buddy Hackett.

Honestly the guy didn't even have enough experience that justified moving from Syracuse into the big league. He ****ed up a decent offense of talent to include the franchise QB he took under his wing last season.

better days
10-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Well, I think the failure of Hackett can be placed on Marrone.

Marrone did a great job hiring DC's but Hackett sucks.

Many more qualified, better OC's were available for Marrone to hire.

RedEyE
10-17-2014, 07:20 AM
I really liked Chan's offense. Obviously he would have been a better OC than an HC. My only concern with Chan is the selections he would make for supporting staff. History shows his judgement is way off when it counts.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Meh, he's part of a trifecta of problems and maybe a fearsome foursome depending on what we do Sunday.

Those problems are:

1) Two good backup QBs (EJ and Kyle) but no legitimate starter who can manage a game successfully so as not to lose or miracle his ass out a big deficit to enable his team to win.
2) Can't Hackett, he just can't and does not properly utilize his team
3) A porous OL

and a possible fourth: big names on D who give up if the going gets too tough. No wait, that is a real fourth so

edit:

4) big names on D who give up if the going gets too tough.

5) A mentality that still seeks way to quickly to give up the ghost.

Mace
10-17-2014, 05:24 PM
What did Marrone say?

Well.....

So was the team's usage of its two most explosive offensive weapons in running back C.J. Spiller and receiver Sammy Watkins. Twice during Monday's news conference, Marrone made reference to the coaching staff needing to do a better job with those two players.

Hey, it starts with us. I wouldn't sit here and say it's all on him. We've got to do a better job, too, as coaches of finding a way to get him the ball in space."

Best if you read the whole article : http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/10/14/doug-marrone-thought-stephen-gostkowski-good-60-plus-coaching-blunders/

I think Marrone lives and dies with Hackett no matter what. He's ceded control of his defense to Schwartz, is not a hands on game management overlord, and can't give his offense away or he'll be doing nothing but twirling in his chair every day until he looks aggravated on game days.

Jaybird
10-17-2014, 07:10 PM
all our run plays look the same... i don't have a problem with the system, but the calling has been crap. very predictable calls. At this point in the season and watching as fan, i can generally call run or pass and be way too accurate.

jamze132
10-17-2014, 07:58 PM
He's way too predictable and way to inexperienced to be at this level.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Hate Hackett

Mace
10-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Hate Hackett

That was my thought too, it's mean for you to reduce my 47 posts and countless words to the obvious, except I never thought to just use those 2. Hate when that happens.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Marrone can get the **** out of here after this season too. I think many people will be on board with Marrone being a goner by the end of the season. New owner - New front office - New coaching staff.

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2014, 11:17 PM
That's my hope at least. Marrone will never lead any team to a Super Bowl.

Historian
10-18-2014, 03:46 AM
Hackett is very one dimensional in his thinking.

Where's Joe Pendry when you need him?

better days
10-18-2014, 09:09 AM
all our run plays look the same... i don't have a problem with the system, but the calling has been crap. very predictable calls. At this point in the season and watching as fan, i can generally call run or pass and be way too accurate.

I agree, the play calling by Hackett is GOD AWFUL.