PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Brown

Bone
10-16-2014, 01:52 PM
Can we give this guy a shot?! He deserves it.

EDS
10-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Seems to me he has a great job already. Paid to do mostly nothing.

k-oneputt
10-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Another guy who should be getting some carries.

trapezeus
10-16-2014, 02:24 PM
on GR a guy called in the other day to complain about trades and personell moves and he said the rumors from philly fans was that brown wasn't big on studying your playbook and knowing theplays. Which explains why he isn't getting into games at this point.

if it's true, another big knock on whaley for not doing his due diligence.

Night Train
10-16-2014, 03:55 PM
He'll play once Spiller is moved.

Mace
10-16-2014, 04:28 PM
on GR a guy called in the other day to complain about trades and personell moves and he said the rumors from philly fans was that brown wasn't big on studying your playbook and knowing theplays. Which explains why he isn't getting into games at this point.

If it's not true, another knock on Whaley for spending draft picks (Brown is conditional) on players we don't use. Fine if the move Spiller, sure, but if they don't, it's a wasted pick, and a wasted roster spot.

Next year ? He's a year older and rb's are not super hard to find.

Can't understand why they bothered. Dixon is no slouch either. Supposedly they were interested in Carlos Hyde at the draft too. It's bizarre.

black N yellow
10-16-2014, 04:29 PM
if it's because of something Marrone thinks, I don't have a lot of faith in the possible reasoning.

YardRat
10-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Considering the injury history of CJ and FJ, and FJ's age, I think it was a great move to bring in insurance. I don't know about the rest of you, but when Freddie went down my first thought was 'I hope he's OK' and my second one 'If he's not, thank goodness we have Brown in the wings'.

I agree with the op, though...it's time to sit Spiller and get Brown some playing time IMO.

The Jokeman
10-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Considering the injury history of CJ and FJ, and FJ's age, I think it was a great move to bring in insurance. I don't know about the rest of you, but when Freddie went down my first thought was 'I hope he's OK' and my second one 'If he's not, thank goodness we have Brown in the wings'.

I agree with the op, though...it's time to sit Spiller and get Brown some playing time IMO.

The fallout on that is if you want to re-sign Spiller long term that if he see's the bench it might question him wanting to re-sign here. Yet personally I think we're keeping Brown on the bench just so we don't have to give up a higher pick to the Eagles.

Fletch
10-16-2014, 05:35 PM
I know everyone thinks the world of Brown, but everyone needs to read this. Seems like the only people thinking that Brown is much of anything are some posters here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24557207/eagles-trade-rb-bryce-brown-to-bills-for-conditional-draft-pick

Some excerpts.

At this point, it doesn't seem likely Brown would become the Bills franchise running back of the future, but perhaps Buffalo likes his youth and his potential.

Brown does not have a new deal with the Bills but will be interesting if they want to adjust or extend it over time
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) May 10, 2014 (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/465174045906841600)The Bills have already been in trade mode the past three days, giving up their 2015 first-round draft pick in order to move up to No. 4 overall and take receiver Sammy Watkins. It left at least one commentator flummoxed.

So confused by the Bills this weekend.
— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) May 10, 2014 (https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/statuses/465173022216032256)Another perspective from an Eagles beat writer.

That was one heck of an unbelievable trade Howie Roseman pulled off for a guy who had no role here.

— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) May 10, 2014 (https://twitter.com/RoobCSN/statuses/465177453539774464)
Once again what we have here is fantasy mode. Our "elite RBs" aren't looking so hot because Jackson's finally hit the wall and the reality on the rest is that they're not starting material.

Dixon and Brown are two totally different types of RBs by the way. None are good on 3rd downs including Spiller.

Fletch
10-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Also, the conditional pick to Philly for Brown is either a '15 4th, a '16 3rd or 4th.

We traded our '15 4th to get Watkins though so not sure how that works.

Either way, I don't understand the expectations for a RB that's had four good games in college and pro combined, all against average to poor defensive opponents.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Also, the conditional pick to Philly for Brown is either a '15 4th, a '16 3rd or 4th.

We traded our '15 4th to get Watkins though so not sure how that works.

Depending on who hits their conditions, it can be the 4th we would get for Steve Johnson.

The Jokeman
10-16-2014, 05:44 PM
I know everyone thinks the world of Brown, but everyone needs to read this. Seems like the only people thinking that Brown is much of anything are some posters here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24557207/eagles-trade-rb-bryce-brown-to-bills-for-conditional-draft-pick

Some excerpts.

At this point, it doesn't seem likely Brown would become the Bills franchise running back of the future, but perhaps Buffalo likes his youth and his potential.

Brown does not have a new deal with the Bills but will be interesting if they want to adjust or extend it over time
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) May 10, 2014 (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/465174045906841600)The Bills have already been in trade mode the past three days, giving up their 2015 first-round draft pick in order to move up to No. 4 overall and take receiver Sammy Watkins. It left at least one commentator flummoxed.

So confused by the Bills this weekend.
— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) May 10, 2014 (https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/statuses/465173022216032256)Another perspective from an Eagles beat writer.

That was one heck of an unbelievable trade Howie Roseman pulled off for a guy who had no role here.

— Reuben Frank (@RoobCSN) May 10, 2014 (https://twitter.com/RoobCSN/statuses/465177453539774464)
Once again what we have here is fantasy mode. Our "elite RBs" aren't looking so hot because Jackson's finally hit the wall and the reality on the rest is that they're not starting material.

Dixon and Brown are two totally different types of RBs by the way. None are good on 3rd downs including Spiller.
Say what you want but the Eagles might be missing Brown as so far Shady McCoy has rushed for only 70.3 yards per game which is inflated by his Week 1 total of 149 yards. Darren Spriles has been good but isn't starting caliber and the guys behind those two have been as invisible as Brown. Personally I have issue no issue having Brown for depth as it's a welcome change to Tashard Choice.

Fletch
10-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Say what you want but the Eagles might be missing Brown as so far Shady McCoy has rushed for only 70.3 yards per game which is inflated by his Week 1 total of 149 yards. Darren Spriles has been good but isn't starting caliber and the guys behind those two have been as invisible as Brown. Personally I have issue no issue having Brown for depth as it's a welcome change to Tashard Choice.

There can be any number of reasons as to why McCoy ranks a mere 4th in the league in rushing, but it's pure conjecture to suggest that it's because Brown isn't there. I don't even see any correlation at all.

McCoy's doing what he's always done apart from last season. It's ridiculously unreasonable to expect a RB to have 1,600 yards rushing every season.

- - - Updated - - -

Depending on who hits their conditions, it can be the 4th we would get for Steve Johnson.

Thanks, yeah, forgot about that.

EDS
10-16-2014, 08:28 PM
There can be any number of reasons as to why McCoy ranks a mere 4th in the league in rushing, but it's pure conjecture to suggest that it's because Brown isn't there. I don't even see any correlation at all.

McCoy's doing what he's always done apart from last season. It's ridiculously unreasonable to expect a RB to have 1,600 yards rushing every season.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, yeah, forgot about that.

Yes, poor McCoy and the Eagles, he is only fourth in the league in rushing without Brown while our own Bills, and their dynamic due of CJ and Fred are reaping the benefit of Brown's presence. And to be stuck with a back-up like Sproles, who is only averaging 6+ yards a carry, well, you can bet the Philly front office is kicking themselves for selling Brown for pennies on the dollar.

Fletch
10-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Yes, poor McCoy and the Eagles, he is only fourth in the league in rushing without Brown while our own Bills, and their dynamic due of CJ and Fred are reaping the benefit of Brown's presence. And to be stuck with a back-up like Sproles, who is only averaging 6+ yards a carry, well, you can bet the Philly front office is kicking themselves for selling Brown for pennies on the dollar.

LOL

Exactly. Anything else is ridiculous.

By the way, you do realize that I was being sarcastic when I mentioned McCoy only being 4th in the league in rushing.

Some posters here make absurd statements that can only be explained by homerism.

The Jokeman
10-17-2014, 07:40 AM
LOL

Exactly. Anything else is ridiculous.

By the way, you do realize that I was being sarcastic when I mentioned McCoy only being 4th in the league in rushing.

Some posters here make absurd statements that can only be explained by homerism.

and I'm willing to bet if we had Choice here and something happened to CJ or Jackson you'd be the first one to complain that we have a crappy third string RB. In other words no matter what the Bills do nothing will be enough for you. Believe you me I'm far from a homer as have had issues with how this team has been run in the past yet I see a chance with Whaley and company. Is it for the best? Only time will tell yet if you were ask me today what I feel about the state of the franchise? Frankly I think it's in a better place than it has in the past but far from perfect.

Fletch
10-17-2014, 08:17 AM
and I'm willing to bet if we had Choice here and something happened to CJ or Jackson you'd be the first one to complain that we have a crappy third string RB. In other words no matter what the Bills do nothing will be enough for you. Believe you me I'm far from a homer as have had issues with how this team has been run in the past yet I see a chance with Whaley and company. Is it for the best? Only time will tell yet if you were ask me today what I feel about the state of the franchise? Frankly I think it's in a better place than it has in the past but far from perfect.

My complaint is that we haven't made plans for the post-Jackson era. We keep hoping, amidst ZERO PROOF, that RBs like Spiller, Brown, or Dixon will turn into a 3-down RB.

I complain about our starters, our depth at RB is immaterial. Anyone with a brain knew that Jackson's days are already well into "can't count on him" territory. Everyone with a sense of honesty and a brain knows that Spiller is not even close to being a 3-down RB and therefore incapable of starting.

So tell me about Brown, what is it that intrigues you? He's had four good games in his entire collegiate and NFL career and hasn't done **** otherwise.

In college his only notable game was against 0-12 Western Kentucky. Does that impress you?

In the NFL he's done hardly anything. Yet you claim that the reason why McCoy's not running as well as he did last season is because Brown carried the ball once for 65 yards for a TD last season for them and had 74 carries and averaged 3.4 ypc otherwise?

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

My claim is that he's completely unproven and also therefore completely unlikely to do anything that anyone here claims he can. I mean honestly, I know that our coaching staff isn't exactly on the Mensa wall-of-fame here, but if Brown were really that good I think he'd be getting some playing time anyway.

I think that the more likely scenario, far more likely, is that as whomever this Rueben Frank guy is, he says that Brown had no role. He wasn't even a role player in Philly, all he did was backup McCoy and he had mixed results doing that. Clearly it wasn't the line.

Otherwise look at his splits. He too is terrible on 3rd downs.

Piece it altogether and we have one known quantity in Dixon who's a role player for short yardage. Brown, who hasn't even come close to distinguishing himself in any capacity. Spiller, who's a role-playing underachieving RB that's useless on 3rd downs along with the other two. And an aging Fred Jackson who appears to be on the cusp of being entirely out of the picture altogether.

Anyone that can't see that we needed a 3-down RB heading into this season and for sure next season isn't reading those tea leaves correctly. It's as simple as that.

sukie
10-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Excuse me but who is this Bryce Brown you all are speaking of? A special teams player at least?

EDS
10-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Excuse me but who is this Bryce Brown you all are speaking of? A special teams player at least?

None other than perhaps the most talked about fourth string running back in the NFL.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-17-2014, 09:15 AM
My complaint is that we haven't made plans for the post-Jackson era. We keep hoping, amidst ZERO PROOF, that RBs like Spiller, Brown, or Dixon will turn into a 3-down RB.

I complain about our starters, our depth at RB is immaterial. Anyone with a brain knew that Jackson's days are already well into "can't count on him" territory. Everyone with a sense of honesty and a brain knows that Spiller is not even close to being a 3-down RB and therefore incapable of starting.

So tell me about Brown, what is it that intrigues you? He's had four good games in his entire collegiate and NFL career and hasn't done **** otherwise.

In college his only notable game was against 0-12 Western Kentucky. Does that impress you?

In the NFL he's done hardly anything. Yet you claim that the reason why McCoy's not running as well as he did last season is because Brown carried the ball once for 65 yards for a TD last season for them and had 74 carries and averaged 3.4 ypc otherwise?

My claim is that he's completely unproven and also therefore completely unlikely to do anything that anyone here claims he can. I mean honestly, I know that our coaching staff isn't exactly on the Mensa wall-of-fame here, but if Brown were really that good I think he'd be getting some playing time anyway.

I think that the more likely scenario, far more likely, is that as whomever this Rueben Frank guy is, he says that Brown had no role. He wasn't even a role player in Philly, all he did was backup McCoy and he had mixed results doing that. Clearly it wasn't the line.

Piece it altogether and we have one known quantity in Dixon who's a role player for short yardage. Brown, who hasn't even come close to distinguishing himself in any capacity. Spiller, who's a role-playing underachieving RB that's useless on 3rd downs along with the other two. And an aging Fred Jackson who appears to be on the cusp of being entirely out of the picture altogether.

Anyone that can't see that we needed a 3-down RB heading into this season and for sure next season isn't reading those tea leaves correctly. It's as simple as that.

I don't think you need to 'make plans' for the retirement of your running back. Backs are are plug and play. I also don't think you need a jack of all trades halfback either. Plenty of teams get by with a running back platoon, and that's IMO far and away the cheaper and better option.

Fletch
10-17-2014, 11:54 AM
None other than perhaps the most talked about fourth string running back in the NFL.

And one of the most overrated players ever in here.

Fletch
10-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I don't think you need to 'make plans' for the retirement of your running back. Backs are are plug and play. I also don't think you need a jack of all trades halfback either. Plenty of teams get by with a running back platoon, and that's IMO far and away the cheaper and better option.

Our rushing performances speak to the contrary.

Agree, RBs are no longer the high priority SP players that they once were, but still, you need a good one for balance, at least one capable 3-down RB on the roster. Every recent SB winner has had one. We have Jackson who's on the outs, clearly, that's it.

Even if we retain Spiller we have no good RB option on 3rd downs. So in that respect you couldn't be more off, 3rd down is the most important down and a passing down in the NFL. If you don't have a good 3rd-down option you're screwed. It has to be someone that can get those short yards but preferably is also good at receiving, but for sure those short yards. We have no one.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Our rushing performances speak to the contrary.

Agree, RBs are no longer the high priority SP players that they once were, but still, you need a good one for balance, at least one capable 3-down RB on the roster. Every recent SB winner has had one. We have Jackson who's on the outs, clearly, that's it.

Even if we retain Spiller we have no good RB option on 3rd downs. So in that respect you couldn't be more off, 3rd down is the most important down and a passing down in the NFL. If you don't have a good 3rd-down option you're screwed. It has to be someone that can get those short yards but preferably is also good at receiving, but for sure those short yards. We have no one.

Rushing performance is dependent on OL performance. If you can blow open holes on the line, then almost anyone can get yardage.

And when you say "every recent SB winner", you are either overrating many halfbacks or proving my point about how easily they are acquired. The last two have had traditional franchise backs, but before that you have Bradshaw/Jacobs winning twice, Brandon Jackson, Pierre Thomas/Mike Bell, Willie Parker/Mewelde Moore, and Joseph Addai. You'd have to go back to 2004 and Corey Dillon to find another guy like Rice or Lynch.

You can find guys like that in a lot of places, and it's not a position where a guy needs time in the system to gel. Hell, we could have had Bradshaw himself last offseason for the price of asking. He was unsigned for months.

trapezeus
10-17-2014, 02:57 PM
without knowing much about OL play specifically, it seems like we've changed from athletic lineman to gigantic lineman. and gigantic lineman don't seem to block in a manner that lets runners to the outside through. the pullnig guard doesn't work. so of course, spiller is hurting. but when you see fred and dixon getting 4 yards a carry and spiller isn't getting more than 3.2 yards...it's time to realize one of two things.

1. we have to shift back and can the entire line for CJ
2. we need to part ways with CJ and find a back who excels at hitting the line quick and thriving on contact.

obviously 1 isn't the reasonable answer. two makes more sense only because we are at the tail end of the contract. move him before he's gone for nothing.

i don't think brown will amount to much, but i just hate the idea of keeping him in reserve and having to find out next year that he's not great. at this point, if EJ is going to get benched after being 2-2 with stats you'd expect from a 2nd year qb, then CJ who is at the back of the pack needs to take a seat for at least a game to see if dixon, brown and jackson can do better.

Mace
10-17-2014, 05:03 PM
without knowing much about OL play specifically, it seems like we've changed from athletic lineman to gigantic lineman. and gigantic lineman don't seem to block in a manner that lets runners to the outside through. the pullnig guard doesn't work.

Well you know enough about OL play to hit the nail on the head. They're using behemoth linemen in a zone blocking scheme meant for smaller, faster, quicker linemen.

Gilchristfan took me to school on a diff board once and drove home a point that was beyond me for some reason. Good coaches don't stuff personnel into scheme, they adapt scheme to personnel.

We just aren't doing so, keep stuffing square pegs into round holes, won't use Urbik, convert tackles, start inactives and rookies, like the scheme is fine, has to be the players.

There's no helping Spiller here any more unless they suddenly have a cutting edge whiz coordinator, and they don't. I can't blame Spiller for being Spiller, it's someones fault though for thinking he'll wake up tomorrow and be CJ2K in his prime, or even Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, or whoever. He is who he is, after years of film on him they should know it.

Line issues are a whole other story though. No clue what happens if you throw Bryce Brown in there, but let's face it, they're trying everything wildly on that O-line except, glaringly, Urbik, they're doinking with their receiver combos, have even tried 3 TE's for no reason I can figure, switched QB's, said they forgot about Dixon who brickwalled Wilfork by himself....

We aren't a tweak or two away. If the rest of this season has to be OJT (I'm not one of those that sees a playoff team) and Marrone and Co. become the better for it, then learn something and adapt somehow to show it.....

bigbub2352
10-17-2014, 08:57 PM
He needs carries....the trade looks dumb right now

Fletch
10-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Rushing performance is dependent on OL performance. If you can blow open holes on the line, then almost anyone can get yardage.

And when you say "every recent SB winner", you are either overrating many halfbacks or proving my point about how easily they are acquired. The last two have had traditional franchise backs, but before that you have Bradshaw/Jacobs winning twice, Brandon Jackson, Pierre Thomas/Mike Bell, Willie Parker/Mewelde Moore, and Joseph Addai. You'd have to go back to 2004 and Corey Dillon to find another guy like Rice or Lynch.

You can find guys like that in a lot of places, and it's not a position where a guy needs time in the system to gel. Hell, we could have had Bradshaw himself last offseason for the price of asking. He was unsigned for months.

My point is that those tandems or individuals were good on 3rd downs. Spiller, Brown, nor Dixon have any good proven history on 3rd downs.

Mace
10-17-2014, 09:15 PM
He needs carries....the trade looks dumb right now

I hate it when I overtalk myself post after post. Ok, yes.

cookie G
10-17-2014, 09:29 PM

He's in the right place then.

If the QB hands you the ball, you run between the center and LG.

If the QB doesn't hand you the ball, you stand near the QB and hit the first guy who gets close to you.

That's all a RB needs to know about Hackett's system.

YardRat
10-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Zone blocking for offensive linemen has about as much to do with size as zone defense does with cornerbacks. Not much. It's all about recognition and the first two steps for all of them, and making the proper call for the center.

better days
10-18-2014, 09:18 AM
without knowing much about OL play specifically, it seems like we've changed from athletic lineman to gigantic lineman. and gigantic lineman don't seem to block in a manner that lets runners to the outside through. the pullnig guard doesn't work. so of course, spiller is hurting. but when you see fred and dixon getting 4 yards a carry and spiller isn't getting more than 3.2 yards...it's time to realize one of two things.

1. we have to shift back and can the entire line for CJ
2. we need to part ways with CJ and find a back who excels at hitting the line quick and thriving on contact.

obviously 1 isn't the reasonable answer. two makes more sense only because we are at the tail end of the contract. move him before he's gone for nothing.

i don't think brown will amount to much, but i just hate the idea of keeping him in reserve and having to find out next year that he's not great. at this point, if EJ is going to get benched after being 2-2 with stats you'd expect from a 2nd year qb, then CJ who is at the back of the pack needs to take a seat for at least a game to see if dixon, brown and jackson can do better.

I would like to see what Brown can do as well this Sunday.

But if Marrone or at least Hackett is fired after this year, you could see changes in the OL as well depending on what the new Coach likes.

If the Bills get a Coach that knows how to use CJ, I would like to see CJ stay..........after this year, I don't think he will be too expensive.

The Jokeman
10-18-2014, 09:38 AM

The era of 3 down RBs is slowly disappearing. The NFL is becoming a more specialist game both in the running and passing game. What intrigues me about Brown is his rookie year he stepped in for an injured McCoy and showed big play potential. Rattling off long runs over 30 yard runs in several games. He also showed that same game changing ability his second year. Also he has good size at 6*0 220 and ran an above average 4.38 forty. Also you can't deny his pre college ranking. It's a big reason why he probably got drafted to begin with (see why the Bills drafted Henderson). The say that NFL RBs only have so many carries in them, the good thing is being a backup and not getting any playing time this year it will keep Brown's carry number low and allow us to use him more in the coming years. Am I saying I don't prepare for someone to potentially replace Jackson or Brown in 2016? On the contrary, I've already made comments elsewhere on about potentially drafting Keith Marshall in the fourth coming draft.

Mace
10-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Zone blocking for offensive linemen has about as much to do with size as zone defense does with cornerbacks. Not much. It's all about recognition and the first two steps for all of them, and making the proper call for the center.

We agree on a lot of things, but just not Marrone and the o-line.

Actually, zone blocking has a lot to do with combo of size/agility/speed, everything I've ever read about it says so. More than two steps too, you want linemen that flourish in the second level, you don't want behemoths unless they're freakish athletes like Peters was. Much steeper learning curve too for rookies and linemen switching positions so agree in terms of recognition, it's nuanced.

Excellent example of it was D'Alessandris using then guard Wood and Levitre pulling from guard to tackle and pulling in his weak tackles Bell and hm, Wrotto I think inside. Mudd from Philly was real good at coaching it, but when the Philly line started losing starters to injury back then they went downhill real fast. Can't really compare to zone defense.

I don't think this line can succeed by the nature of the scheme and players, but I'd be pleased down the road if you remind me I was wrong.

YardRat
10-18-2014, 07:44 PM
I respect your opinion, but yeah we disagree on zone blocking. IMO pulling is pulling, regardless of whether the scheme is man or zone. Granted, speed is going to be more valuable for pulls, and by it's very nature pulling is more characteristic of a zone read/react dynamic, but it's not inclusive/exclusive to one scheme or the other. Plus, it's not as if the team runs one scheme only, the blocking is determined by the offensive play design and the opponents formation. Just like the defensive backfield has different calls for different looks, zone vs man, so does the offensive line.

If you're going to design the run game around a lot of pulls, yeah you probably want a little less bulk and a little more speed, but if you're not pulling speed really isn't a factor, man or zone.

Mr. Pink
10-18-2014, 07:50 PM
You don't need to make plans for the running back position.

The year Freddy decides to retire you take a mid round RB and just plug him in and have a veteran of some sort to compliment him.

Mace
10-18-2014, 07:53 PM
You don't need to make plans for the running back position.

The year Freddy decides to retire you take a mid round RB and just plug him in and have a veteran of some sort to compliment him.

Maybe it's just me but Dixon looks like a Jackson apprentice.

Mr. Pink
10-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Maybe it's just me but Dixon looks like a Jackson apprentice.

I've always thought of Dixon as a pounder/short yardage back so if he's still here when Jackson retires, you go out and take a mid round selection on a guy who can make people miss. Even better if you can get a guy who can run through and around tackles but not a necessity.

SpikedLemonade
10-18-2014, 08:16 PM
I was impressed the times I saw Bryce Brown running the ball in Philly.

I would like to see him play after the Bye.

Mace
10-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I've always thought of Dixon as a pounder/short yardage back so if he's still here when Jackson retires, you go out and take a mid round selection on a guy who can make people miss. Even better if you can get a guy who can run through and around tackles but not a necessity.

Well, he's a big man, runs with power, if you remember the first game he has some speed and fights for yards when they hand him the rock, is 27, receiving well, only 9 targets in his 4 years, but caught all 9 of them, and he successfully stonewalled Vince Wilfork mano-a-mano last week on that lb sack.

Unsure about Brown, I think he's Marshawn Lynch without berserking beast mode. I'd be happy with big plodding power running game that doesn't try and make people miss and just moves 4 yards a down in a cloud of dust if it meant we beat people.

RedEyE
10-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Who is Bryce Brown exactly? No one will ever know if you don't give the guy a chance. We can speculate all we want but if the guy never sees the field how do you know what your money is vested in?

Here again lies a disconnect between Marrone and Whaley. Whaley brings them in and Marrone ignores their presence. Who's right? Hard to say - but I think there is something to decipher here between Marrone and Whaley.

Mike Williams, Dixon, B Brown, Gragg, and then there is the QB arguement on the field in preseason.

black N yellow
10-19-2014, 04:55 PM
we'll find out soon.

YardRat
10-19-2014, 05:00 PM
"Whaley should be canned for not addressing the RB position, everybody knew Freddie and/or CJ would get dinged at some point. Dumbass, worthless front office!"

Oh...wait a minute...

Buffalogic
10-19-2014, 05:05 PM
^couldn't be more accurate.

The Jokeman
10-19-2014, 06:48 PM

Anyone remember Timmy Smith outside his Super Bowl performance?