PDA

View Full Version : CK Getting Work at Guard

DesertFox24
10-16-2014, 01:58 PM
I actually like this move.

He had a hard time kick slidding out on fast pass rushers but once he got his hands on you it was over. I also watched and he did not get bull rushed at all.

I understand he may not play till after the bye but credit to the coachs for trying to find something that works.

k-oneputt
10-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Should have been inside at guard from the beginning for this year. Down the road they can move him back out to tackle if needed. This kid is very young don't kick him to the curb yet. I'm more concerned with his knee issues.

DesertFox24
10-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Should have been inside at guard from the beginning for this year. Down the road they can move him back out to tackle if needed. This kid is very young don't kick him to the curb yet. I'm more concerned with his knee issues.

From what I read pre draft his knee is fine and he should have no problems playing 10 years in the league. Barring no more serious injuries to that knee of course.

Mace
10-16-2014, 04:17 PM
I understand he may not play till after the bye but credit to the coachs for trying to find something that works.

I'm giving them nothing but blame for desperation for trying inactive green rookies and converting career tackles on a struggling line and not playing Urbik, a natural guard, a veteran guard. It's driving me crazy.

YardRat
10-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Urbik should be in there in place of Pears, but considering I've mentioned this a few times in the last couple of weeks obviously I'm glad to see them trying it.

Homegrown
10-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Credit them??

"C'omon Man!! "

These coaches are highly paid professionals , who I'm led to believe, spend copious amounts of time reviewing game film.

My lord, they otta be embarrassed by their lack of action, watching Pears on his ass every week.

Here's a novel idea, "why don't we try that OL feller we drafted in the second round six months ago"

X-Era
10-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Been saying before he was drafted that he may be better suited at G. Good move.