PDA

View Full Version : Effin Jets

Scumbag College
10-16-2014, 09:55 PM
At least the game tonight was exciting...would have been great to see the creeps lose on their home field on national TV.

Geno played a hell of a game I think. Got beat up pretty badly and still had a shot. Maybe his best game that I've seen him play in the NFL.

lavuuk153
10-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Shows what I get for taking the Pats against the spread...nothing worse than losing the bet and having the team I want to lose end up winning.

Novacane
10-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Jets are beating us next week

kingJofNYC
10-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Smashed the Pats on the ground. God our OL is ****ing atrocious.

Fletch
10-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Jets have significantly less talent than we do. That game just goes to show the difference between a good coach (Ryan) and a bad one. (Marrone)

Our game was at home too.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-16-2014, 10:06 PM
No team other than the Pats could have pulled off that fg block shift without ****ing it up somehow. That team is a machine.

Homegrown
10-16-2014, 10:08 PM
The two point conversion at the end was a head scratcher.

The jests were successful running all game, perfect time for a playaction rollout throw/option with Geno from the 2 yard line.

But no, the jests throw a fade to the tight end...ugh.

Honestly, sometimes I think my ole high school coach could play call better than these NFL guys.

YardRat
10-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Not liking playing a team on a six game losing streak, at all.

Fletch
10-17-2014, 04:40 AM
No team other than the Pats could have pulled off that fg block shift without ****ing it up somehow. That team is a machine.

The kick was somewhat low. He could have put it up a little higher and out of reach.

The two point conversion at the end was a head scratcher.

The jests were successful running all game, perfect time for a playaction rollout throw/option with Geno from the 2 yard line.

But no, the jests throw a fade to the tight end...ugh.

Honestly, sometimes I think my ole high school coach could play call better than these NFL guys.

It wasn't a fade. I only saw it once because they didn't replay it, but it looked like Amaro feigned a block and then released trying to get them to bite to the outside before turning towards the back of the endzone. I actually thought it was a pretty good play but that low snap probably took everything out of its rythym.

I also think he should have had that.

Not liking playing a team on a six game losing streak, at all.

Or one that just nearly outcoached Belicheat in Foxboro.

DraftBoy
10-17-2014, 05:35 AM
Geno looked good last night, if he looks like that next week with the way Ivory is running we could be in trouble.

RedEyE
10-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Geno is so hot cold. He may have looked great last night but the potential to throw 5 picks next week is certainly there.

The Pats winning last night is a perfect example of a good team refusing to lose at home. I wish the Bills had that deive an passion. In the 80s-90s opposing team HATED coming into Buffalo to play and the Bills always made them pay for doing so. Need to get that back.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-17-2014, 07:33 AM
The kick was somewhat low. He could have put it up a little higher and out of reach.

It was a 58 yard kick outdoors, he had to drive it low or it might not have had the distance.

Fletch
10-17-2014, 07:37 AM
Geno looked good last night, if he looks like that next week with the way Ivory is running we could be in trouble.

Which means he's not too likely to look good next week. Also, our run D is better than NE's, especially with Mayo out.

Then again the game's in NY and the Jets put up 314 rushing yards against us last season with essentially the same front 4. Spikes here now, but still, they had the 2nd best rushing performance against us last year in NY.

Looks like NE will win the division again, not as if that's some kind of surprise. But they do have a string of some tougher games coming up.

Chicago
Denver
@Indy
@GB
@SD

Detroit could be tough for them if they get megatron back and some of their other offensive SP players that were out when we played them.

THRILLHO
10-17-2014, 08:42 AM
Ugh, normally I root so hard against the Jets. But this was one we were all hoping they would win. I love seeing Rex lose, but we could have used that win.

OpIv37
10-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Ugh, normally I root so hard against the Jets. But this was one we were all hoping they would win. I love seeing Rex lose, but we could have used that win.

It doesn't matter. The loss to the Pats cost us any shot at the division.

trapezeus
10-17-2014, 09:59 AM
It was a 58 yard kick outdoors, he had to drive it low or it might not have had the distance.
can't be right. fletch said he should have approached it differently, so it must be true.

what was odd is that the refs told the Pats lineman to move away from directly over center. if they just called the penalty, the jets would have gotten another try 5 yards closer. but when it's new england in a close game.....(no pattern here)

imbondz
10-17-2014, 10:56 AM
I can't watch the Patriots, especially when they are at home. I would have blew my lid if I watched that game, and it ended the way it did.

feldspar
10-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Did you see the ref kind of push the Patriots player out of the way before the fieldgoal attempt? If the player was to remain where he was, the play would have resulted in a five-yard penalty against the Pats.

http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/jets_impact/photo/16101471-mmmain.png

Guess it's a safety issue to protect the snapper?

Still...

OpIv37
10-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Did you see the ref kind of push the Patriots player out of the way before the fieldgoal attempt? If the player was to remain where he was, the play would have resulted in a five-yard penalty against the Pats.

http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/jets_impact/photo/16101471-mmmain.png

Still...

This wreaks of more BS to follow the Pats. I've watched a lot of football and I've never noticed that happening before.

Now, refs helping players get into the right position to avoid a penalty is not something that I would think to look for, so it's possible that I missed it. But it seems like blatant favoritism.

If it's a safety issue I'd like to know how often the refs actually do that,

IlluminatusUIUC
10-17-2014, 12:29 PM

Still...

He'd have to be within a yard of the LOS and it's hard to tell from that angle if he was. The live feed didn't make it look like it. The ref needed a clear lane to see the long-snapper to check for that exact penalty.

But that's what I'm talking about when I mean that precision. 10 guys moved perfectly without going into the neutral zone or the protected area. It's amazing coaching.

feldspar
10-17-2014, 09:34 PM
And once again...

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/Oq2qzHKEgA6/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

starrymessenger
10-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Geno looked good.
He's had to learn the hard way with Marty putting lots on his plate and lacking weapons but it's been pretty much apparent from the get go that he has a chance to improve and maybe make it as a legit starter.
Further evidence that our FO just can't get it right when it comes to QBs.