Is the Vikings game a "must win in your eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Is the Vikings game a "must win in your eyes?

I think the game is crucial, as another loss would put them at 3-4 with nine left...five of which are on the road.

Whaddya think?
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Is the Vikings game a "must win in your eyes?

This game and the jets are MUST wins. We lose one of these game might as well stop watching.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

That December schedule is so awful and losing the tiebreaker with New England make basically our next 5 games must wins. If we roll into that Cleveland game with 7 wins, I think we're cooked.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

The Patriots game was a must win and we already lost it.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

that was a division must win. this is a keep pace with the wild card teams must win
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

We have to beat the teams we're better than. So yes. It's a must win. But Op is right. The Patriots game was the season changer. This game is just working towards a record that will hopefully generate some momentum and something to build on.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

Must win and should win. Bills teams of the past would lose this game. Let's see what the 2014 guys do.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                I think the game is crucial, as another loss would put them at 3-4 with nine left...five of which are on the road.

Whaddya think?
                I'm fully torn on this season.

I want them to win because:
                1. i love watching the bills win
                2. i think the talent is playoff worthy
                3. i hate the pattern of continuously losing like this.
                4. i don't want to hand a top 10 pick to cleveland as they are on an upswing with a guy a lot of us wanted to keep as a HC over marrone.

I don't care if they lose:
                1. pegula shouldn't hvae any false impressions that this front office team has the right stuff and just needs a little more time. More failures than successes
                2. Brandon is a snakeoil salesman, and i'm positive he made a great impression in the process of the sale. but i think pegula knows when public opinion is past the breaking point (see darcy) and will let bad people go and replace with capable ones. so i think brandon stays in his reduced role unless team falls apart.
                3. a complete meltdown will probably result in a complete rebuild. and while i think this team has the ability to make the playoffs
                a. i don't think they are designed to win much in the playoffs
                b. repeat the playoff appearance
                c. have a path to add missing pieces.
                So to that extent, i think it's easier to let mario go, let kyle williams retire in 2-4 years and build around a good coaching staff and an evaluator group that gets it. I think that gives you the chance to be regularly playoff bound than the current team make up.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

To me, it is a must-win because if we lose, it will cement the fact that we are not a playoff caliber team. We are precariously leaning that way already, and if we do lose to a Vikes team that just isnt that good, we will completely topple into the no-mans land between cellar dwellers and playoff teams. We have enough talent to be a playoff team IMO.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    We have to beat the teams we're better than. So yes. It's a must win. But Op is right. The Patriots game was the season changer. This game is just working towards a record that will hopefully generate some momentum and something to build on.
                    An extra helping of Yes, with some Yes on the side.

I figured the Pats game was the measure of how they can play with the big kids in the neighborhood, Chargers the big boys in the league, and so.

But they need to beat the middlin' and poor teams dependably like they need to be able to go mano-a-mano with anyone in their own house to show any progress. First comes before the second. I'll settle for any progress.

Comment

• Ed
                      • Sep 2002

Right now this looks like the Bills easiest or most winnable game of the year, so to me that is a must win. An inexperienced rookie qb with a lack of talent on offense should be an excellent match up for our D at home. The betting line has been moving in favor of the Bills all week because it looks like it's now at -6. I don't expect them to be this heavily favored again for the rest of the season.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Pats game at home was the litmus test. To be relevant they need to win every division game going forward. But lose against the Vikes, again at home, and this team is well on its way to another losing season without a playoff appearance.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

this is the pattern. grabbing a lead, having control of your destiny, squandering that, then relying on winning some games to get the WC, squander that, then look at how we can sneak in with help, squander that. with 3 weeks to go its best to lose out, that debate occurs, the bills go 2-1 and end up at 6-8 wins. and they remain f'd.

i really don't think there is much to see here. it's going to playout the way it has routinely has since 2000. The only hope is that a 8 win season isn't a great pick to surrender to cleveland, but low enough to make our second round selection impactful on day 1.

Comment

• imbondz
                            Democrats are people too
                            • Jan 2003

The Pats game took the wind out of me excitement-wise for the season. We need to string some wins in a row for me to be excited about the season again. Can't handle being on the 1 win, 1 loss, 1 win, 1 loss train we've been on
                            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Historian View Post

Whaddya think?
                              I think they have to win at least one of the next two games if they want to make a serious run at the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X