• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Ex-Sabres in the news this week.

First we have Ehrhoff complaining about his time with the Sabres.

“I thought it was a team on the uprise,” he said. “They had a good roster and I felt, with a few additions, that they could take the next step to be a competitive team. Unfortunately it didn’t work out that way and they went into full rebuild mode. That was obviously a little frustrating because that’s not the reason I (signed) there.”
    First of all. This was a bad signing from the get-go. Ehrhoff had just been totally owned by the Bruins. He was signed to be a leader on the Sabres and just mailed it in basically. He did nothing to make the team better.

Then Ville Leino comes out.
    "My Buffalo time was pretty bad overall. I was disappointed for the players and the organization and I think they are going to be like that. It’s hard to play in the NHL if you don’t have a good team. Obviously, that was kind of a tough time but sometimes life goes hard and you have to bounce back."

"My Buffalo time was pretty bad overall. I was disappointed for the players and the organization and I think they are going to be like that. It’s hard to play in the NHL if you don’t have a good team. Obviously, that was kind of a tough time but sometimes life goes hard and you have to bounce back."
    I'm pretty sure he had less points than John Scott. So yeah.

SEGWAY!

John Scott scored a goal and then killed someone else.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Dude
    that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
    • Feb 2005

Re: Ex-Sabres in the news this week.

I don't see anything wrong with what either one of them said. This franchise has been horrible since Pegula took over. Last year was an embarrassment on and off the ice.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

i dont think any player enjoys losing. its not surprising those two would be a little down on their time in buffalo.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

The point is that both were paid a lot of money to come here and lead us to that next level. And both were failures.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
          Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
          • Feb 2013

keep the tank rolling...SABRES ARE DOING THIS RIGHT #sabresfutureisbright

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Leino was suppose to be a piece of the puzzle. I think picking him up was the beginning of the end for the Sabres. They spent all this money on him. Not only didn't he produce, he was downright putrid. He doesn't have to look far as to why the Sabres sucked with him.

Comment

• rbochan
              Zamboni Driver
              • Jun 2008

Leino was a classless bum from the minute he got here. Did anyone really expect him to say anything good? And who really cares what his opinion is? They ****ing hated him in Philly, they hated him in Detroit, the common denominator was...
              ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
              it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

Working...
              X