PDA

View Full Version : Guardjio

swiper
10-17-2014, 06:03 PM
<tbody>
Bills experimenting with Kouandjio at guard

by Joe Buscaglia , posted Oct 16 2014 5:32PM

http://imgsrv.wgr550.com/image/DbGraphic/201410/2974646.jpg?1413588787

The Buffalo Bills have started to come around on one of the more popular refrains from their fans. To this point, second-round pick Cyrus Kouandjio has been kept at offensive tackle and head coach Doug Marrone dismissed the notion of moving him to guard earlier in the season.

The head coach was asked for an update on Kouandjio’s progress, and as it turned out, his tune has changed a bit.

“We feel very comfortable with the tackles that we have right now. We do have him playing some guard,” Marrone revealed. “We did move him in there, so he’s playing guard on the scout team and we’re working on developing him.”

Kouandjio, 21, has been widely viewed as a disappointment for not only the inability to start, but for not even being active on game days through the first six weeks.

What changed for the rookie? He said it was just a matter of changing his mentality.

“I just made the decision and stuck with it. I didn't look back on it. I just made a conscious decision to keep pushing forward and believing in myself,” the offensive lineman remarked. “The next day I came out there, you know, I threw off all my burdens and just played like I did in high school. It's going well, I'm getting better and better. I'm not there yet, but I'm doing a lot better.”

Kouandjio received first-team reps at right tackle when he first arrived to One Bills Drive for Organized Team Activities. After that first week though, the Alabama product was relegated to the second team and hasn’t gotten a snap with the first unit since.

His struggles during both training camp and the preseason have been well-documented, leading to the Bills to keep him out of the lineup in each of the first six games. That’s when Kouandjio woke up.

“It was after the first game, when I had to sit down and watch my teammates go out there and have a good time. I felt like a spectator, I felt like I was in the crowd,” he said. “I decided that's not who I am -- I decided to wake up and do something about it. I understand that there was a chance that I might fail, but I wasnt afraid of that. I'm going to keep pushing. LIke I said, I'm not perfect, but I'm getting a lot better. I'm breaking down barriers one by one.”

</tbody>

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=433709

Mace
10-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Can't hurt to try I guess. Wish they'd play Urbik and sit Pears.

Ed
10-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Sounds like he's got a good attitude at least. He's still only 21.