PDA

View Full Version : Doug Whaley Should Be Fired If The Bills Lose To The Vikings

BillsImpossible
10-18-2014, 06:21 PM
The Bills have to win this game against the Vikings or else this entire season is going to snowball downhill at the time it usually does for the past 14 years.

Some games you just have to win and this is one of them, especially for Doug Whaley in particular.

If Teddy Bridgewater wins and tears up the Bills pass defense like Tom Brady did last week, Whaley's head is going to roll.

If the Vikings win, fans in Minnesota are going to care less about Adrian Peterson.

"We have a franchise quarterback!" they will shout no doubt.

You can't trade next year's number 1 pick and lose to a rookie quarterback in Teddy Bridgewater that the Bills could have drafted, it's that simple.

Who was mostly responsible for drafting EJ Manuel? Buddy Nix? Doug Whaley? Doug Marrone?

Out of all of them, I think Marrone would be the least likely to blame.

Who drafted Cyrus Kouandjio in the 2nd round? Doug Whaley.

Who signed Chris Williams? Doug Whaley.

Who signed Mike Williams? Doug Whaley.

I'm sure Doug Marrone was thrilled with that decision.

Who addressed the Bills glaring holes at guard in the 5th round of the 2014 draft? Doug Whaley.

Who drafted CJ Spiller? Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley.

Who drafted Stephon Gilmore? Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley.

Who drafted EJ Manuel? Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley.

Whaley also drafted Sammy Watkins instead of addressing the most important position in all of sports.

Whaley went all in on his draft pick of Sammy Watkins to support his co-draft pick of EJ Manuel.

Whaley didn't sign Kyle Orton until Doug Marrone blew his flipping lid.

Whaley coddled EJ Manuel like a baby, refusing to have anyone challenge him for the job, and Doug Marrone put on his happy face for as long as he could take it.

He can't take it anymore.

The General Manager tells the head coach what to do. The GM is in charge, and Whaley has his own preferences.

After pondering that thought for a moment, I kind of feel bad for coach Marrone.

Marrone has his hands tied behind his back with Whaley calling the shots behind him.

I'd be a, 'little annoyed,' too if I had a GM telling me what players I should be playing because of their draft status, salary, or whatever. All I care about is winning and putting the best players on the field, but management won't let Marrone do what he wants to do.

Does anyone here seriously believe that Doug Marrone was happy when the Bills drafted EJ Manuel?

As a former NFL lineman, does anyone here seriously believe that Doug Marrone was happy after the Bills drafted Cyrus Kouandjio?

If the Bills lose against Minnesota tomorrow, I think Doug Whaley should be fired.

Meathead
10-18-2014, 06:30 PM
I could not, would not, on a boat.

I will not, will not, with a goat.

I will not eat them in the rain.

I will not eat them on a train.

Not in the dark! Not in a tree!

Not in a car! You let me be!

I do not like them in a box.

I do not like them with a fox.

I will not eat them in a house.

I do not like them with a mouse.

I do not like them here or there.

I do not like them anywhere!

BillsImpossible
10-18-2014, 06:41 PM

Rumor has it that the goat Marrone, fox Whaley, and mouse Brandon don't get along in the tree, box, nor house.

BillsImpossible
10-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Who's calling the shots at OBD?

Who's the man behind the curtain now?

It's Doug Whaley, and he has a vested interest in seeing that the players he drafted get to see the field more than the players the coach likes more.

BillsImpossible
10-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Who's call is it?

Who says who's starting?

The coach, or the GM?

YardRat
10-18-2014, 07:25 PM
QBs-same
RBs-better
WRs-better
Oline-worse
Tes-same
Dline-better
Lbers-better
Dbacks-better
PK/P-better

If this organization has issues, it isn't with the talent on the roster compared to the prior incarnation.

Mr. Pink
10-18-2014, 07:48 PM
QBs-same
RBs-better
WRs-better
Oline-worse
Tes-same
Dline-better
Lbers-better
Dbacks-better
PK/P-better

If this organization has issues, it isn't with the talent on the roster compared to the prior incarnation.

Which incarnation are you comparing this to?

YardRat
10-18-2014, 09:01 PM

Prior to Whaley being GM.

Mace
10-18-2014, 09:09 PM

Hm, QB better (not perfect), Dbacks worse is about the only change from last year. Lb's, well we have no Alonso but Brown has been a beast and there is Spikes, Bradham has been decent. So yeah, I think they have better talent than last year if crippled next.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Pegula should wash his hands clean of every person that Ralph Wilson ever employed who has been in charge of making personnel decisions.

k-oneputt
10-18-2014, 11:15 PM
If they lose Sunday they can fire both dougies and hackett.

BertSquirtgum
10-18-2014, 11:32 PM
The Bills have to win this game against the Vikings or else this entire season is going to snowball downhill at the time it usually does for the past 14 years.

Some games you just have to win and this is one of them, especially for Doug Whaley in particular.

If Teddy Bridgewater wins and tears up the Bills pass defense like Tom Brady did last week, Whaley's head is going to roll.

If the Vikings win, fans in Minnesota are going to care less about Adrian Peterson.

"We have a franchise quarterback!" they will shout no doubt.

You can't trade next year's number 1 pick and lose to a rookie quarterback in Teddy Bridgewater that the Bills could have drafted, it's that simple.

Who was mostly responsible for drafting EJ Manuel? Buddy Nix? Doug Whaley? Doug Marrone?

Out of all of them, I think Marrone would be the least likely to blame.

Who drafted Cyrus Kouandjio in the 2nd round? Doug Whaley.

Who signed Chris Williams? Doug Whaley.

Who signed Mike Williams? Doug Whaley.

I'm sure Doug Marrone was thrilled with that decision.

Who addressed the Bills glaring holes at guard in the 5th round of the 2014 draft? Doug Whaley.

Who drafted CJ Spiller? Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley.

Who drafted Stephon Gilmore? Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley.

Who drafted EJ Manuel? Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley.

Whaley also drafted Sammy Watkins instead of addressing the most important position in all of sports.

Whaley went all in on his draft pick of Sammy Watkins to support his co-draft pick of EJ Manuel.

Whaley didn't sign Kyle Orton until Doug Marrone blew his flipping lid.

Whaley coddled EJ Manuel like a baby, refusing to have anyone challenge him for the job, and Doug Marrone put on his happy face for as long as he could take it.

He can't take it anymore.

The General Manager tells the head coach what to do. The GM is in charge, and Whaley has his own preferences.

After pondering that thought for a moment, I kind of feel bad for coach Marrone.

Marrone has his hands tied behind his back with Whaley calling the shots behind him.

I'd be a, 'little annoyed,' too if I had a GM telling me what players I should be playing because of their draft status, salary, or whatever. All I care about is winning and putting the best players on the field, but management won't let Marrone do what he wants to do.

Does anyone here seriously believe that Doug Marrone was happy when the Bills drafted EJ Manuel?

As a former NFL lineman, does anyone here seriously believe that Doug Marrone was happy after the Bills drafted Cyrus Kouandjio?

If the Bills lose against Minnesota tomorrow, I think Doug Whaley should be fired.

You should be fired from making threads. Whaley will get fired at the end of the year like everyone else in the front office.

pmoon6
10-19-2014, 03:04 AM
Hmmm. If we apply this logic to a normal business setting, then there would be alot of out of work managers and HR people. A company is losing market share for five years running. A new GM is brought in to turn it around. The GM brings in some new people to help, but the economy is still stagnant so recovery is slow. A year and a half after taking the reins, the board of directors start to think they made the wrong choice and fire the GM along with his staff.

Unfair?

The point is that there are outside factors that are out of a managers control. He may have a good system and people in place to turn it around given time, but the impatience of the powers that be make that impossible.

Such it is with many football fans. They expect a miracle turn around and when they don't get it after a very short time, they want heads to roll.

It's indicative of American society. People want it all and they want it now.

Unfortunately, firing coaches every two or three years and changing GMs almost as often has been part of the problem.

Of course, just as the board of directors, having a knot headed fanbase that constantly cry a year and a half into a new administration is also part of the problem.

Maybe ya'll can chip in and put up another billboard to get everyone fired.....which virtually guarantees, as it has before, that no one with any credentials will take a job with a team whose Fans are so stupid and childish.

YardRat
10-19-2014, 06:04 AM
If boards like these were alive and well back in the day, the same people would be calling for Polian's head for A)Mortgaging the future for a LBer, especially when we just used our first rounder on one anyway ("What a dumbass!!", B)Letting talent walk (Wolford) with no plan in place except for a first-round reach just prior to Will's last season, C) Signing an over-the-hill WR with issues that couldn't even make it with the Raiders, D) Blowing high draft picks on Dbacks(Williams) E) "OMG, we could have had Romanowski in the third, and we took freakin' Bernard Ford!", F) Never satisfactorily addressing NT or safety, G) Hiring a geriatric retread st coach from the CFL that couldn't hack it in the NFL the first time around, yada, yada, yada...

swiper
10-19-2014, 06:05 AM
To back moonpie's point all you have to do is look at legendary coach Tom Landry's record. Look at his first 6 years:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LandTo0.htm

This has to be the premise that Woody Johnson seems to be using with Rex Ryan.

sudzy
10-19-2014, 06:06 AM

I will not eat green eggs and ham.... I will not eat them, Sam I am!

YardRat
10-19-2014, 06:09 AM
To back moonpie's point all you have to do is look at legendary coach Tom Landry's record. Look at his first 6 years:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/LandTo0.htm

This has to be the premise that Woody Johnson seems to be using with Rex Ryan.

Cincinnati and Lewis...

swiper
10-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Interestingly... they all needed a franchise QB to succeed. Get one in Buffalo and Mike Mularkey would still be here.

YardRat
10-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Interestingly... they all needed a franchise QB to succeed. Get one in Buffalo and Mike Mularkey would still be here.

Mularkey had one, and still couldn't beat the JV team with him.

swiper
10-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Mularkey had one, and still couldn't beat the JV team with him.

Bledsoe? LOL. Lost his job to JP Losman as I recall.

YardRat
10-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Bledsoe? LOL. Lost his job to JP Losman as I recall.

He didn't lose it, it was taken from him.

pmoon6
10-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Bledsoe? LOL. Lost his job to JP Losman as I recall.One of the boneheaded decisions in a long line of them.