PDA

View Full Version : The Rumor Mill, This Just In.

pmoon6
10-19-2014, 06:26 AM
I heard from a somewhat knowledgable person say that if the Bills' fail to improve by seasons' end, that Pegula will fire Marrone and hire the obscure Offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers.

Frank Reich.

Take it for what it's worth.

DynaPaul
10-19-2014, 06:31 AM
I've heard that one too. Would probably work great if we keep Schwartz.

streetkings01
10-19-2014, 07:10 AM
Why not fire Whaley too and let the new GM pick his own man?

RedEyE
10-19-2014, 07:17 AM
If they lose to the Vikes, why wait? I know it's not likely but I'm tired of watching the same bull**** getting dropped into the same blender.

Signed, a worn out tired Notre Dame / Bills / Sabres / Atl Braves fan.

Fletch
10-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Why not fire Whaley too and let the new GM pick his own man?

Why not fire Whaley especially and let the new GM pick his own man. Whaley's the first one that needs to go and if we continue to slide it shouldn't take until the end of the season to pull the plug on the Whaley era.

Also, hiring Reich merely continues a long tradition of trying to dig up the past and otherwise stay regional. Nothing up on Frank, but he isn't proven at that level, it'd be just another poke-n-hope. Great story if it happens, but I'm not interested in stories, I'm interested in winning and giving us the best odds. That wouldn't be much more than a craps throw.

The first GM candidate that I'd attempt to lure here is Tom Gamble, now and most recently with the Eagles. He's worked with Polian for a number of years as well and is as well-rounded as they make 'em. I'm surprised he's not a GM already.

Then let's go from there. If he likes Reich and believes, not BILL-ieves, that he's qualified, great. But let's get someone competent at the very top and someone that's not going to be bull****ted by another Littman type.

Not sure why Whaley isn't the first to go, and as I've repeatedly said, they should ditch him within hours of our 8th loss. But if he does go, then I can't see them hiring a coach first.

better days
10-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Why not fire Whaley especially and let the new GM pick his own man. Whaley's the first one that needs to go and if we continue to slide it shouldn't take until the end of the season to pull the plug on the Whaley era.

Also, hiring Reich merely continues a long tradition of trying to dig up the past and otherwise stay regional. Nothing up on Frank, but he isn't proven at that level, it'd be just another poke-n-hope. Great story if it happens, but I'm not interested in stories, I'm interested in winning and giving us the best odds. That wouldn't be much more than a craps throw.

The first GM candidate that I'd attempt to lure here is Tom Gamble, now and most recently with the Eagles. He's worked with Polian for a number of years as well and is as well-rounded as they make 'em. I'm surprised he's not a GM already.

Then let's go from there. If he likes Reich and believes, not BILL-ieves, that he's qualified, great. But let's get someone competent at the very top and someone that's not going to be bull****ted by another Littman type.

Not sure why Whaley isn't the first to go, and as I've repeatedly said, they should ditch him within hours of our 8th loss. But if he does go, then I can't see them hiring a coach first.

Nobody should expect to see any changes before the off season, it is not going to happen, even if the Bills fail to win another game this season.

Fletch
10-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Maybe we shouldn't expect to see any, but there should be some if we don't go at least 9-7, and if there are going to be changes, then they need to start with Whaley, and there would be no better time to send a stronger message than upon our 8th loss. After that keep that pink pad handy and have the names filled in for December 29th.

IMO there's a reason why Ralph gave Littman 1%, or $14M, upon sale of the team. He probably knew that Littman was dead meat after the season and wanted to make sure that his buddy got paid. That says everything about how this team was run prior to now. Friends first, performance second.

better days
10-19-2014, 08:31 AM
Maybe we shouldn't expect to see any, but there should be some if we don't go at least 9-7, and if there are going to be changes, then they need to start with Whaley, and there would be no better time to send a stronger message than upon our 8th loss. After that keep that pink pad handy and have the names filled in for December 29th.

IMO there's a reason why Ralph gave Littman 1%, or $14M, upon sale of the team. He probably knew that Littman was dead meat after the season and wanted to make sure that his buddy got paid. That says everything about how this team was run prior to now. Friends first, performance second.

If the Pegula's want to fire Whaley I won't shed any tears, But IMO it will be the HC & his OC that NEED to be fired if the Bills fail to go 9-7.

trapezeus
10-19-2014, 08:42 AM
Frank Erich also getting a lot of credit around league for SD resurgence. It isn't purely emotional or without other nfl teams pushing them up their list for HC at start of next yr.

Bunion
10-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Cool. Tell Frank to put Joe D in his suitcase.

Fletch
10-19-2014, 08:55 AM
That make sense cause that was his course of action with the Sabres.Ted Nolan was a fan favorite and Frank is also well respected here.

Well respected is one thing. He's ridiculously well liked too. Great guy by all accounts.

But can he be a head coach? We have no idea. The odds are the same as they would be for anyone else with similar credentials.

better days
10-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Well respected is one thing. He's ridiculously well liked too. Great guy by all accounts.

But can he be a head coach? We have no idea. The odds are the same as they would be for anyone else with similar credentials.

Well, by all accounts, Frank Reich is also a smart man. There is no guarantee Jon Gruden or anyone else with his credentials would be any better than Frank as a HC in Buffalo.

I think it would be a great idea to Give Frank a shot at HC in Buffalo.

WagonCircler
10-19-2014, 09:10 AM
I wish we could pry Tom Telesco away from San Diego, along with Reich.

He has two years left on his contract, though.

OLDSRIP
10-19-2014, 10:11 AM

Id be happy if he brought Rivers with him to Buffalo.

BillsImpossible
10-19-2014, 10:26 AM
About a week ago or so, I was listening to the John Murphy Show and he was interviewing Bill Polian.

Murph straight up asked Polian if he would be interested in returning to the Bills.

The way in which Polian answered the question was quite funny. You could almost see him blushing through the radio, and sounded very happy to even entertain the thought of coming back to Buffalo to finish his NFL career.

Reich as the HC, and Polian as the GM?

Something tells me that those two would be able to find a future franchise quarterback for the Bills.

TacklingDummy
10-19-2014, 10:38 AM
I heard from a somewhat knowledgable person say that if the Bills' fail to improve by seasons' end, that Pegula will fire Marrone and hire the obscure Offensive coordinator for the San Diego Chargers.

Frank Reich.

Worst kept secret ever.

BertSquirtgum
10-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Frank Reich.

Wow. I never thought about that. I would like it.

BertSquirtgum
10-19-2014, 11:14 AM

Any of you guys ever think that Whaley never wanted Marrone and was force fed him by Brandon?

Downinfloflo
10-19-2014, 12:40 PM
And then, He'll screw him over in favor of his rookie GM.

Novacane
10-19-2014, 12:40 PM
bryce brown time

Novacane
10-19-2014, 12:42 PM
That looked harmless. Is it his shoulder?

ckg927
10-19-2014, 01:11 PM
That looked harmless. Is it his shoulder?

No. His collarbone, as per Jason LaCanfora. Same one he injured a couple of seasons ago at Cleveland.

The Jokeman
10-19-2014, 02:46 PM

Frank Reich.

It's a great rumor but I'm not counting Marrone out.

Mace
10-19-2014, 02:55 PM
It is a great rumor, but they also say Pegula's going to hire a consultant to evaluate first and he hasn't yet, so it's a little early. It will heat up even more no doubt down the road.

The Jokeman
10-19-2014, 02:58 PM
It is a great rumor, but they also say Pegula's going to hire a consultant to evaluate first and he hasn't yet, so it's a little early. It will heat up even more no doubt down the road.

I think Pegula is going to be hands off until after the season.

swiper
10-19-2014, 03:02 PM

Get back Joe D' Alessandris for the o-line too.

better days
10-20-2014, 06:36 AM

It should be an interesting off season.

Night Train
10-20-2014, 07:37 AM

Frank Reich.

I believe Jason La Canfora speculated about this in one of his columns last week, when the whole outside consultant speculation came up. He metioned Reich and it grew wings.

Fletch
10-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Any of you guys ever think that Whaley never wanted Marrone and was force fed him by Brandon?

Ever watched the video in my signature? Is Whaley lying in that?

What is it about everyone here refusing to accept the statements of team officials at face value?

Fletch
10-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Well, by all accounts, Frank Reich is also a smart man. There is no guarantee Jon Gruden or anyone else with his credentials would be any better than Frank as a HC in Buffalo.

I think it would be a great idea to Give Frank a shot at HC in Buffalo.

There are no guarantees about anything in the NFL. But there are chances, better chances, worse chances, or odds if you prefer that term.

Can you think of any reasons, based on each person's experience, Reich and Gruden, as to why Gruden's chances at being a winning head coach might be notably better?

It's no wonder you believe half the **** you do.

mightysimi
10-20-2014, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't be so sure about whaley. If Bryce Brown plays well he is about to look like a genius for trading for the depth. If Brown plays well that is.

Mr. Miyagi
10-20-2014, 09:01 AM

Frank Reich.

This knowledgeable person is Terry Pegula himself? I doubt he himself has made that decision definitively, let alone telling someone who would leak it out.

By the same token, I've heard from a person knowledgeable to the situation that if we make the playoffs, Marrone will be promoted to Emperor of the Universe and will be granted one of Pegula's children as a butler for life.

tampabay25690
10-20-2014, 01:28 PM
I don't think Pegula will do the firing.
And I don't think Marrone is going knowhere.......IMO

So IMO Marrone is the coach for years to come.

mightysimi
10-20-2014, 01:44 PM
I mean look how long it took to fire the Sabres' clowns.

HHURRICANE
10-20-2014, 02:32 PM
This is not happening....

better days
10-20-2014, 02:40 PM
There are no guarantees about anything in the NFL. But there are chances, better chances, worse chances, or odds if you prefer that term.

Can you think of any reasons, based on each person's experience, Reich and Gruden, as to why Gruden's chances at being a winning head coach might be notably better?

It's no wonder you believe half the **** you do.

About the only HC that left the game for a period of time & was successsful when he returned was Dick Vermeil.

I think Reich has as good a chance as Gruden to be successful in Buffalo.

justasportsfan
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
I believe Jason La Canfora speculated about this in one of his columns last week, when the whole outside consultant speculation came up. He metioned Reich and it grew wings.

yup. La Canfora should have mentioned that Reich would bring in Van Pelt for his OC .