PDA

View Full Version : I know it doesn't mean a damn thing now...

Yasgur's Farm
10-19-2014, 05:07 PM
... But how do the refs mark the spot at the 2 after the Hogan catch? He was clearly at the 1 or even inside the 1.

pmoon6
10-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Biceps Boy is not a good referee. I don't know why people think he is.

That said, I have a hard time coming up with even one officiating crew that is even semi competent.

Too bad Mike Carrey retired.

YardRat
10-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Hell, I was in the opposite corner of the stands, completely, and I thought he scored.

chernobylwraiths
10-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Not going to say anything about the questionable Robert Woods fumble, or the questionable catch on the sidelines by the Vikings, or even the intentional grounding near the end (though I just did), but how in the hell did they spot the ball on the two yard line at the end there. While that might seem very minor, I contend that it took away a possible run play since it was going to be only one play anyway. Taking a yard away made it more of a have to pass play and there is no way that I can see how you place the ball on the two.

BuffaloRedleg
10-19-2014, 06:49 PM
They were terrible today for both teams, like they always are. There is no pro sport in the world that has such convoluted and oft-mystifying rules.

It was a joke for both teams today. Just because it was even doesn't make it right.

ServoBillieves
10-19-2014, 07:01 PM
You know it's bad when even after a win, the refs are still being talked about. And yes, they were THAT bad again. Someone needs to come out with a video blog, or written out rulebook that describes what constitutes a penalty, what doesn't, what constitutes a fumble... It's just ridiculous, and these guys single-handedly decide games weekly.

Mace
10-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Really seems to me like the NFL via rules changes and Goodell read them the riot act before the season and it's costing everyone and the game.

streetkings01
10-19-2014, 09:29 PM
I miss the old NFL! I'm tired of looking around for flags after every incomplete pass *sigh*

jimmifli
10-19-2014, 09:53 PM
The downfield contact on Watkins when they pushed him out of bounds about 20 yards downfield was the worst non call. You could see the ref staring at the DB and WR, the DB just kept hitting Watkins and riding him out while the ball was in the air. Nothing.

Why have that rule?

Also the false start at the end was bull****.

Meathead
10-19-2014, 10:53 PM
i just wish they could have called a penalty on somebody for patting a teammate on the back

Dr. Lecter
10-20-2014, 07:34 AM
Hell, I was in the opposite corner of the stands, completely, and I thought he scored.

You come to the game and are too snooty to say hi?