PDA

View Full Version : A FootBall Team With A Quarterback Problem XII

Typ0
10-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Orton is showing up. Yes, there are some mistakes but the guy can sling it better than Bledsoe did if you ask me. We are seeing exactly what I was clamoring for when he was on the open market ... he brings game which means he competes and is a threat. Damn it's been a long time since we have seen that here. He's better than Fitzpatrick who had a tendency to tank. I have to think about questioning the Watkins trade right now too because it's a QBs league and having Watkins as a target is huge. The kid is all hands ... amazing hands, feet, agility and concentration. The guy might have a huge career as a bill warranting what was given up for him which would be amazing. Or he can be crap if we don't get production from the QB position guaranteed.

WagonCircler
10-19-2014, 07:26 PM
I have a lot of admiration for Fitz's heart and smarts, but he couldn't make the throws that Orton makes.

Like all QBs, Orton makes mistakes when he's pressured in the pocket, but what we saw today, and what we saw in his first start, is how he responds to a different type of pressure. And that's hard to find.

I'd much rather be shoring up holes in the OL and trying to give a guy like Orton better protection than pulling my hair out watching a guy like EJ.

Orton may not be a franchise QB, but he's more than adequate, especially if we can protect him a little better, until we find a franchise QB.

YardRat
10-19-2014, 07:59 PM
More props to Whaley and Co. for ponying up the bucks and getting him in here.

PromoTheRobot
10-19-2014, 08:10 PM
Our expectations of a QB are skewed beyond reality. We expect our QB to complete every pass for 20+ yards and never turn the ball over. You should watch more than just game highlights of other teams. You'd see that plenty of QB's on other teams that you may you worship lay turds sometimes. The key is they overcome at the end, like Orton did today. I guarantee that if Orton led that comeback against the Bills we'd all be calling the Bills stupid for not signing him when they could have.

We always want what we don't have and crap on what we do have. We wanted a QB to throw for 300 yards? Orton is averaging just under that. We wanted a QB to make throws downfield? Check. We want a QB who can lead a game winning drive in the clutch? Check twice in three games. As much as you want to deny it, the Bills may have their guy for the next few years, if we can keep him from getting killed behind our O-line.

Typ0
10-20-2014, 02:58 AM
I feel Bias. I have liked Orton a ton since training camp his first year in Chicago. He was a nobody and outplayed everyone there including Grossman who ended up injured anyway. Just love the way he competes and the great balls he throws. He's mature now. Anyone complaining about Orton has blinders on.

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2014, 05:43 AM
Orton is Fitzy with a better arm.

The Doc
10-20-2014, 05:53 AM
As far as post Kelly QBs go, I gotta say Flutie tops my list followed by Bledsoe and then Fitz. Fitz was as tough as they come, all class, and was just an all around respectable man.

That said, I think Orton has the potential to be our best guy since Kelly.

Typ0
10-20-2014, 09:44 AM
I like what Doc is saying because he's addressing the question of what's really being offered in the big picture. Damn that game Rob Johnson played against Indy was stellar wasn't it?

Fletch
10-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Why's everyone talking about the past?

Orton is Fitzy with a better arm.

I agree. But Orton's also getting sacked at over twice the rate that Fitzpatrick ever did too. That's probably an offset.

notacon
10-20-2014, 10:52 AM
:rofl: More pimping of a second rate QB, that has NEVER, and will NEVER prove to be even an average starting QB in the NFL.

ORTON SUCKS!!!!

All this bull**** about having a better arm than Bledsoe...or in adequate is nonsense.

It's like Bills fans have been asleep for the past two ****ing decades and have not learned one thing from the long line of ****ty QB's decisions this team has made.

We've seen this story before. Trying to get by with a QB that has shown he is simply not capable to play the position in this century. Sorry, Orton has none of the tools needed for a modern QB in this league. He's too inconsistent...is prone to the big mistake...is almost totally immobile....does not protect the ball....is slow as a turtle.

Jesus. Haven't we seen enough of back-up's and ****ty rookies and crappy QB development to learn our lesson???

Apparently not. Orson sucked when he came into the league and held back the Bears...and he has not gotten much better. His best is woefully inadequate.

Orton sucks!!

Typ0
10-20-2014, 03:57 PM
how did he hold back the Bears? He was a guy who shoundn't have even made the squad and he ended up starting. That is not holding anyone back it's stepping in when everyone else sucks.