PDA

View Full Version : Preparation and Knowing the Playbook

RedEyE
10-20-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm a bit perturbed with the product on the field yesterday. There were entirely too many incidents where players were blowing routes and getting in each other's way downfield. And too many times the offense would get to the line and Orton would have to spoon feed assignments. Now granted, this was happening with depth players (Dixon, Hogan) mostly. What really irritates me is you NEVER see this happen with a Belicheat type team and when it does he has no issues benching players thst do not put in the right amount of effort. It is a tell tale sign that Bills players are not preparing accordingly and coaches are not holding them accountable. Perhaps this is the difference in team ONE snaps and not?

Personally, I expect more from professionals. I expect coaches to prep all players for the upcoming game and not just the starters. And I expect ALL players, regardless of where they lie on the roster, to invest 100% into the gameplan and not look like buffoons when called upon on Sundays.

It's situations such as these that have me seriously questioning the coaching ability of this staff. I think Hackett is in over his head and Marrone is too entirely involved in the wrong things to correct these reoccuring issues. It's a concern and if the Bills had been playing a better team yesterday it would have been an absolute embarrassment. Teams don't generally win games gift wrapping 5 turnovers. Despite Orton's shortcomings, his experience saved this offense on several occasions.

There needs to be better preparation and game planning from all.

justasportsfan
10-20-2014, 09:53 AM
I think Marrone is an over thinker and his players are getting confused on the field instead of just playing.

Last week, we didn't throw the ball to Watkins because he was a rookie covered by Revis? This week we throw to him and he plays like an all pro?
Mike Williams catches for 23 td's in his first 3 years with Freeman as his qb and now he's not good enough to play?

Just let them play football.

Fletch
10-20-2014, 09:54 AM
It's situations such as these that have me seriously questioning the coaching ability of this staff. I think Hackett is in over his head and Marrone is too entirely involved in the wrong things to correct these reoccuring issues. It's a concern and if the Bills had been playing a better team yesterday it would have been an absolute embarrassment. Teams don't generally win games gift wrapping 5 turnovers. Despite Orton's shortcomings, his experience saved this offense on several occasions.

There needs to be better preparation and game planning from all.

Just throw this on top of the pile of reasons as to why Marrone and Hackett are both in over their heads.

It wasn't a great game for Schwartz either. If they can't stop McKinnon from posting a great day on 5.4 ypc we're in trouble with the games ahead.

And Bridgewater popping his cherry for TD throwing against us, an "elite D"?

RedEyE
10-20-2014, 09:59 AM
I think Marrone is an over thinker and his players are getting confused on the field instead of just playing.

Last week, we didn't throw the ball to Watkins because he was a rookie covered by Revis? This week we throw to him and he plays like an all pro?
Mike Williams catches for 23 td's in his first 3 years with Freeman as his qb and now he's not good enough to play?

Just let them play football.

I can't at all disagree. There is no known reason to promote Hogan over Williams regardless of Hogan's monster catch on the last drive. RedZone? Dispatch Chandler to one corner, Chandler to the other, and Watkins anywhere across the middle.

RedEyE
10-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Just throw this on top of the pile of reasons as to why Marrone and Hackett are both in over their heads.

It wasn't a great game for Schwartz either. If they can't stop McKinnon from posting a great day on 5.4 ypc we're in trouble with the games ahead.

And Bridgewater popping his cherry for TD throwing against us, an "elite D"?

Done.

I personally give the defense a pass because of the lack of production from the offense. 3 and outs and 5 turnovers has the defense on the field too much. The Vikings running game and passing game progressed as the D slowed and tired. Still, even though they bent a bit, they still didn't break. They still didn't give up a rushing TD and Bridgewater was bound to get his first soon anyway. Just my 2 cents.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-20-2014, 10:08 AM
RedZone? Dispatch Chandler to one corner, Chandler to the other, and Watkins anywhere across the middle.

I mean, the dude is big and all, but Chandler can't be in both corners of the endzone at once :D

RedEyE
10-20-2014, 10:09 AM
I mean, the dude is big and all, but Chandler can't be in both corners of the endzone at once :D

Ha! Yes, Williams and Chandler - thanks.

YardRat
10-20-2014, 03:13 PM

IF YOU TRADE A FUTURE FIRST ROUNDER AND ESSENTIALLY BLOW TWO PICKS ON ONE GUY HE DAMN WELL BETTER BE ABLE TO BE IN BOTH CORNERS AT ONCE OR IT WAS A STUPID MOVE !!!!

Oh, your comment was about Chandler, not Watkins. My bad...nevermind...