PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills go after Ray Rice?

coastal
10-21-2014, 06:00 AM
He's likely to be reinstated here shortly...

casdhf
10-21-2014, 06:05 AM
We don't need the distraction.

coastal
10-21-2014, 06:39 AM
I'm sure he's sorry.

djjimkelly
10-21-2014, 06:48 AM
no

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2014, 07:01 AM
They can't sign him until they stop with all the pink stuff.

Night Train
10-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Our offense needs more punch ?

THATHURMANATOR
10-21-2014, 08:16 AM
We don't really need him.

Dixon/Brown are fine for a couple games and Fred will be back.

He would be too much of a distraction.

Forward_Lateral
10-21-2014, 08:24 AM
No. I will not watch another down of football if they sign that piece of garbage.

coastal
10-21-2014, 09:24 AM
No. I will not watch another down of football if they sign that piece of garbage.
Spare me the self-righteous drama.

If you really felt that way, you'd have packed it in awhile back.

the NFL is evil business and we watch anyways.

Ray Rice is a top 5 back IMO and can help us make the playoffs down the stretch.

Forward_Lateral
10-21-2014, 09:26 AM

Ray Rice is a top 5 back IMO and can help us make the playoffs down the stretch.

It's not self righteous. He's punched out a 120 lb woman. He's a parasite, and any team that signs him is going to have a **** storm of media attention on them. Don't tell me how I feel, or if that I've packed it in. Go **** yourself

coastal
10-21-2014, 09:28 AM
It's not self righteous. He's punched out a 120 lb woman. He's a parasite, and any team that signs him is going to have a **** storm of media attention on them. Don't tell me how I feel, or if that I've packed it in. Go **** yourself
Cry me a river hypocrite.

BuffaloRedleg
10-21-2014, 09:30 AM

I really don't think he is a top 5 back at all anymore. He has had a ton of carries for a while and it has taken a toll. The last 2 years he has started to slow down a great deal. There are a lot of guys that are better or equal and don't include all the baggage.

I'm interested to see what our guys can do before even thinking about adding anyone. The Jets have a solid run D so it will be a good test.

coastal
10-21-2014, 09:32 AM
I really don't think he is a top 5 back at all anymore. He has had a ton of carries for a while and it has taken a toll. The last 2 years he has started to slow down a great deal. There are a lot of guys that are better or equal and don't include all the baggage.

I'm interested to see what our guys can do before even thinking about adding anyone. The Jets have a solid run D so it will be a good test.
Well he's had a good rest... I'd be interested to know how he's spent this time off.

SpikedLemonade
10-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Ray Rice came into this year's pre-season slimmed down and in the best shape of his life.

He was poised for a very big year after his initial 2 game suspension.

I would not commit to Ray Rice beyond this year, but he certainly would help us this year. He is a 3 down back who can pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

justasportsfan
10-21-2014, 09:33 AM
ha!

I'm sure Kim Pegula is all for it.

BuffaloRedleg
10-21-2014, 09:51 AM
Ray Rice came into this year's pre-season slimmed down and in the best shape of his life.

He was poised for a very big year after his initial 2 game suspension.

I would not commit to Ray Rice beyond this year, but he certainly would help us this year. He is a 3 down back who can pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

They said the same thing about CJ Spiller too, and Shawn Merriman the year we released him. That's all just pre-season fluff. The bottom line is he did not look good last year and has had over 1600 career carries. That weighs on you.

No reason to take a chance on a guy with that much baggage who might not even be good. RBs are a dime a dozen and he has done nothing to separate himself in the last year and a half other than by getting in trouble.

Jry44
10-21-2014, 10:03 AM
No.... he can't play. Sure he MAY be getting reinstated soon, but we can't afford to go into a game this week with only three backs. There's zero chance this happens, nor should it.

SpikedLemonade
10-21-2014, 10:04 AM
They said the same thing about CJ Spiller too, and Shawn Merriman the year we released him. That's all just pre-season fluff. The bottom line is he did not look good last year and has had over 1600 career carries. That weighs on you.

No reason to take a chance on a guy with that much baggage who might not even be good. RBs are a dime a dozen and he has done nothing to separate himself in the last year and a half other than by getting in trouble.

Last year was a disappointment in Rice's performance but before that year, he was a top 5 RB for the prior 3 years.

Spiller has only had one year.

Again, I would only try him out for the last 8 games of this season.

I am positive he would be more effective than Boobie and Bryce.

imbondz
10-21-2014, 10:07 AM
There has to be some level of integrity. If you knock the **** out of a woman you lose. Period. No second chances for that. Not to mention in the real world he'd be in prison. No thanks.

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2014, 10:15 AM
What about the players on the team that have done that too?

Does Rice get punished more because he did it in front of a camera?

justasportsfan
10-21-2014, 10:20 AM
What about the players on the team that have done that too? which players? you have any proof?

obviously. Plus, he gets punished more because the NFL got caught trying to hide it too.

Meathead
10-21-2014, 11:33 AM
im glad the nfl is finally cracking down on their long standing thuggery problem, especially the classic bad blackness like disrespecting and knocking your home ***** around. its about damn time that crap got held accountable. hopefully it will spread to the rest of our culture and we can remove the teflon shield from bad black behavior

of course being accountable doesnt mean redemption is off the table. his original punishment should have been half the season anyway, and i dont think its right to permanently prevent him from earning a living at what he does best. just bc we made terrible mistakes in ripping away a career and an entire team from a fat white ***** and and old white guy (respectively) for far less serious offenses doesnt mean we have to keep tearing at more pounds of flesh from this guy

hes served his punishment, made his contrition, and should be given another chance. that a lot more than we gave the fat white ***** and the old white guy got but its the right thing to do. if the coaches here feel he can help the team and not be a distraction im fine with that

jamze132
10-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Us signing Ray Rice isn't a bad deal. Best case scenario, he helps us sneak into the playoffs. Worst case, he gets his ass kicked every week because of our ****ty o-line. It's a win-win!

Mr. Pink
10-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Woman beating notwithstanding, Rice flat out sucked on the field last year.

He's done.

Forward_Lateral
10-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Cry me a river hypocrite.

How am I a hypocrite? You don't know me.

What about the players on the team that have done that too?

Do you have evidence that anyone on the team has done such a thing, or are just assuming? I expect better from you Lecter

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2014, 02:26 PM
How am I a hypocrite? You don't know me.

Do you have evidence that anyone on the team has done such a thing, or are just assuming? I expect better from you Lecter

Look at the raw numbers of how many men abuse women in society. The odds greatly favor it.

It's just like knowing that Michael Sam is not the only gay person drafted in NFL history

WagonCircler
10-21-2014, 02:27 PM
They're about as likely to go after that Nurse who has Ebola.

And Rice is about as toxic.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-21-2014, 02:40 PM
We don't need a damned media circus around here.

Historian
10-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Anybody have a wife they need taken out??