PDA

View Full Version : WYS, you fail to recognize more than a few things....

mackey789
07-18-2003, 08:51 AM
I loved reading your 12 page novel about how drew cost us our 8 loses, but you fails to realize the fact that Drew had to constantly play catch-up, forcing him to throw passes that he wouldn't normally throw.

In the Kansas City game, all that the defense had to do was stop them on the last drive and get the ball back. AWFUL defensive performance, one of the most frusterating games ive ever watched. In Denver, all the D had to do was stop them and get the ball back. Nope, didn't happen. Sure, Drew threw a few picks in some of the games, but OVERALL, the defense cost us our playoff hopes. God, look at the games that we won where drew carried the team on his shoulders.

The Vikings game for instance, our defense looked like a pop warner football team. We would've lost that game without Drew. You absolutely fail to look at the season in all levels. Drew may have cost us a couple of loses, but he more than made up for it with the wins that we had. I can't even imagine what our record would have been with RJ or AVP or Jeff Blake at the helm. Not to mention the fact that Drew sold tickets.

What about all of the intangables that he brings to this team. Leadership, in my opinion, is hard to find in a QB, and thankfully we have one of the best in the business in Drew.

Hey WYS, what about the second Dolphins game? WOW. When was the last time a defense allowed a 200 yard rusher but still won by more than 2 touchdowns? That Defense sure showed up that game. Its a damn good thing that we had Drew and the playcalling of Gilbride to expose the weaknesses of Miami's secondary.

I realllllly want to know who would be better fit to run this team. Please tell me who.

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 09:01 AM
Excellent post!

I'll add that the last int in the KC game was actually an AWESOME play by the KC defender.

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by mackey789

Hey WYS, what about the second Dolphins game? WOW. When was the last time a defense allowed a 200 yard rusher but still won by more than 2 touchdowns? That Defense sure showed up that game.

The closest I can come up with is Detroit's 27-14 win over Buffalo on Thanksgiving, OJ Simpson had 273 yards in a 13 point loss.

ryven
07-18-2003, 09:08 AM
thats were I was trying to get to with him but he just is to stuburn.

Throne Logic
07-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Problem is, Gilbride would abandon the run as soon as the other team scored. Down by 3 points in the first quarter! DANG, We better start throwing now! This just fueled Bledsoe, who has the tendency to get excited and throw dumb balls. Good defenses pick off those balls, whereas bad defenses let them through for "big plays".

Drew would most likely be everything he's hyped to be with a balanced Offense where he was only expected to throw 25-30 balls MAX.

mackey789
07-18-2003, 09:23 AM
But seriously, WYS can claim that Bledsoe threw costly picks, but what if we scored in Kansas City and they end up getting the ball back with a couple of minutes left? Theres not a doubt in my mind that they would have driven down and won the game. In the jets game, Drew came back and converted three 4th downs on the final drive and scored with 24 seconds remaining to send it into OT. You cant tell me that the reason we lost was because of Drew's INT's. Its actually humerous to think that someone would be so narrow minded to blame the loss on that. Our defense's inability to stop a horrible Vinny Testeverd-led offense and our special team's inability to stop anything led to the loss.

The only loss that i can think of that was primarily due to the offense was the Packer's game.

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 09:31 AM
The bottom line is that all QB's make mistakes, throw ints. All running backs cough it up from time to time. All receivers run bad routes from time to time, drop passes. The game is never played to perfection. So it's easy to go back and watch every game and pick out one or two mistakes in each one and pin the reason for the loss squarely on them.

It's the game. You can't look at individual players. You have to look at entire units. The O was the best of the 3 units (O, D, ST). Was the O perfect? NO! None are. While the O wasn't flawless, you have got to admit that Drew contributed much more to the successes than the faults! It's hard to quantify. You can't always find the stat to prove it. That's why the game is played on the field and not in the stat sheets.

ryven
07-18-2003, 09:44 AM
very well put BF1

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Thanks ryven.

WG
07-18-2003, 10:52 AM
I loved reading your 12 page novel about how drew cost us our 8 loses, but you fails to realize the fact that Drew had to constantly play catch-up, forcing him to throw passes that he wouldn't normally throw.

In the Kansas City game, all that the defense had to do was stop them on the last drive and get the ball back. AWFUL defensive performance, one of the most frusterating games ive ever watched. In Denver, all the D had to do was stop them and get the ball back. Nope, didn't happen. Sure, Drew threw a few picks in some of the games, but OVERALL, the defense cost us our playoff hopes. God, look at the games that we won where drew carried the team on his shoulders.

The Vikings game for instance, our defense looked like a pop warner football team. We would've lost that game without Drew. You absolutely fail to look at the season in all levels. Drew may have cost us a couple of loses, but he more than made up for it with the wins that we had. I can't even imagine what our record would have been with RJ or AVP or Jeff Blake at the helm. Not to mention the fact that Drew sold tickets.

What about all of the intangables that he brings to this team. Leadership, in my opinion, is hard to find in a QB, and thankfully we have one of the best in the business in Drew.

Hey WYS, what about the second Dolphins game? WOW. When was the last time a defense allowed a 200 yard rusher but still won by more than 2 touchdowns? That Defense sure showed up that game. Its a damn good thing that we had Drew and the playcalling of Gilbride to expose the weaknesses of Miami's secondary.

I realllllly want to know who would be better fit to run this team. Please tell me who.

I'm not even going to reply to this!

There are a LOT more than "a few things" that all of you Drew supporters "fail to realize"!

You all truly look at Drew w/ a degree, varied dependent upon the person, of blinders on!

mackey789
07-18-2003, 11:07 AM
You have no reply because you can't validate your claims. You are failing to look at the whole picture. I agree with billsfanone, he says it correctly. You impress everyone with your novels containing stats upon stats, but in the end you have to be open minded. Our QB position should be the least of our concerns. Who would be better at QB? Please answer this.

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Who will be better at QB WHO IS/WAS AVAILABLE-

Don't say Bulger, Gannon, Farve, Warner- they aren't available

Judge
07-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
The bottom line is that all QB's make mistakes, throw ints. All running backs cough it up from time to time. All receivers run bad routes from time to time, drop passes. The game is never played to perfection. So it's easy to go back and watch every game and pick out one or two mistakes in each one and pin the reason for the loss squarely on them.

It's the game. You can't look at individual players. You have to look at entire units. The O was the best of the 3 units (O, D, ST). Was the O perfect? NO! None are. While the O wasn't flawless, you have got to admit that Drew contributed much more to the successes than the faults! It's hard to quantify. You can't always find the stat to prove it. That's why the game is played on the field and not in the stat sheets.

This is probably the most intelligent post I've ever read on this board, and on any football message board.

Billsfanone, I have to give you credit- you understand the sport of football. Football is NOT the kind of game that lends itself to overdone statistical analysis, like baseball does. Rather than gauge a game in 20/20 hindsight, by placing oneself back into the heat of the moment during games I'd guess that everyone except Wys would agree that Drew played very well given the circumstances.

A particularly funny criticism I've heard is that Drew sucked in Green Bay. Statistically, maybe. BUT LOOK AT THE GAME! The game was played in zero degree weather, both teams' D's dominated, and Brett Favre was worse statistically. To point to a game like that is idiotic, and I've seen several people do that.

Bills James you are not, Wys.

Judge
07-18-2003, 10:11 PM
You have no reply because you can't validate your claims. You are failing to look at the whole picture. I agree with billsfanone, he says it correctly. You impress everyone with your novels containing stats upon stats, but in the end you have to be open minded. Our QB position should be the least of our concerns. Who would be better at QB? Please answer this.

Has this been going on all offseason? Hasn't Wys answered this question yet? I asked it in january, for god's sake!

Nighthawk
07-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Wys never answers questions in which he can't drum up some statistic to cloud the issue. He believes that there is no such thing as intangibles and that every QB needs to be perfect. Oh yeah, he also believes that one player wins and loses games. Last time I checked, it was a team game!

venis2k1
07-18-2003, 11:01 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks2.jpg

BADTHINGSMAN
07-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Drew was a huge part of last year. Saved the Bills butts from being the laughing stock. Drew was awesome last year. And will need to be just as good this year. With the players we have this year on defense it should help Bledsoe. He shouldnt have to play catch up or keep up. Im suprised with training camp 5 days away there is still talk on last years season.

Judge
07-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by silent_one
Im suprised with training camp 5 days away there is still talk on last years season.

So am I- stunned and disappointed, too.

mikemac2001
07-19-2003, 11:30 PM
Wys is a ******.....Bledsoe Was da man he beat the vikes All on his Arm...He threw a bullet down the middle to Tie the game vs jets that pass was nasty.....This guy Made things happen for the bills offense and wys go off and says he sucks.....DUDE YOUR DUMB. maybe he threw alot of int's and took alot of sacks but he also passed alot of balls so give him a break. when you have to come from behind that stuff will happen. with this offense and defense he wont have to worry about comin from behind all the time.