PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone so high on Bryce Brown?

Thurmal
10-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Only on an internet message board will you find MULTIPLE people who are excited about their teams' two all-pro RBs going down...

Because they are excited to see two journeymen RBs who have never played for any significant time, at any point of their careers, with any team they've been on...

Because they think that the two back-ups are going to do much better. Wait, they KNOW that the back-ups will do better.

Give me a break.

Jry44
10-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Only on an internet message board will you find MULTIPLE people who are excited about their teams' two all-pro RBs going down...

Because they are excited to see two journeymen RBs who have never played for any significant time, at any point of their careers, with any team they've been on...

Because they think that the two back-ups are going to do much better. Wait, they KNOW that the back-ups will do better.

Give me a break.

I don't think I've talked to or read a single Bills fan say that they were excite that Freddy and Cj Spiller were hurt. We really don't have a choice but to get behind Brown and Dixon.....

Meathead
10-21-2014, 07:27 PM
in two career starts averaged about 165 and two scores so theres that

jimmifli
10-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Eagles fans say he tries to bounce everything outside, goes down on first contact, bounces every run outside, has trouble finding cutbacks and bounces everything outside.

Most think if he could learn to be patient inside and find those holes he would be special.

Sounds familiar.

BillsImpossible
10-21-2014, 07:38 PM

Give me a break.

Are you and Fletch dating?

Woe is ye...the Bills are 4 and 3 and they have the best quarterback leading them since when?

Lighten up, Thurmal. There's a lot more to be optimistic about than concentrating on the negative.

Thurmal
10-21-2014, 07:43 PM

Woe is ye...the Bills are 4 and 3 and they have the best quarterback leading them since when?

Lighten up, Thurmal. There's a lot more to be optimistic about than concentrating on the negative.

I'm loving the Orton experience. I can't remember that last time I watched a Bills QB drop back on 3rd and long and was actually confident that they would pick it up.

I'm just stumped at the whole "Fred is old, CJ sucks" line of thinking that is becoming more prevalent. They've struggled b/c the run blocking is poor. It's not like Brown and Dixon are going to waltz into the game and put up 150.

The King
10-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Neither Boobie or Brown are great but they're good enough to keep the running game honest.

OpIv37
10-21-2014, 08:25 PM
L
I'm loving the Orton experience. I can't remember that last time I watched a Bills QB drop back on 3rd and long and was actually confident that they would pick it up.

I'm just stumped at the whole "Fred is old, CJ sucks" line of thinking that is becoming more prevalent. They've struggled b/c the run blocking is poor. It's not like Brown and Dixon are going to waltz into the game and put up 150.

Fred is old and CJ does suck. That's not to say they aren't without value. CJ does have big plays in him from time to time and Jackson's toughness and understanding compensate for his age.

As far as Brown: like I said in another thread, I'm not excited but I am curious. This isn't the off-season where we have a full draft and full FA period to get a replacement. We are stuck with Brown for now, for better or worse. Let's just see what we have and expect the worst while hoping for the best. After all, it's the Buffalo way.

TakingItuptheChin
10-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Tom Brady was backup to Drew Bledsoe. I rest my case.

feldspar
10-22-2014, 01:14 AM

Let's not go making **** up now. Which all-pro running backs are you talking about? CJ made the Pro Bowl one year...Freddie never did. Neither were ever all-pro. Just sayin'.

Of course it sucks that both these guys are out, though. The Spiller hatred is way over the top and unfounded IMO.

All I feel about Bryce Brown is that I'm glad the Bills picked him up.

Night Train
10-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Who's high on him ?

We need him and Dixon to play. That's it.

swiper
10-22-2014, 04:37 AM

LOL. That was behind a different o-line. Let's see what he does with this one.

[/not expecting much]

swiper
10-22-2014, 04:40 AM

Secondary getting burned with regularity

Two top RBs hurt

o-line playing poorly

OC not good

Well.... The punter pick up has turned out to be pretty good.

YardRat
10-22-2014, 05:04 AM
Although most expected FJ and CJ to get dinged at some point during the season, I'm pretty sure nobody expected them to both go down in the same kind. In the event of an injury, it is nice insurance to be able to go into a game with FJ/Boobie and Brown, as opposed to FJ/Boobie and Dude picked up off the street that still gets lost going to the stadium. At least he has carried the rock a little bit at this level. Unfortunately, both did get hurt, so suiting up Boobie/Brown should be better than suiting up Boobie/Lost Dude. How he performs given this opportunity will be interesting. I wouldn't expect much on the road, against a good defense, with a ****ty offensive line, but as someone already mentioned if they can do enough to keep the defense a little bit honest I'll take it.

YardRat
10-22-2014, 05:10 AM
Secondary getting burned with regularity

That's a fair trade-off for stuffing the run, as long as they can keep opposing offenses to 16-20 pts per game IMO. Getting gashed on the run will almost guarantee a loss, when a team is forced to throw it at least it creates more opportunities for turnovers, loss of yardage, changing field position, etc. There will be the occasional half like the second against the Pats, but those should be few and far between.

Fletch
10-22-2014, 06:13 AM

LOL

Oh, I don't know, when was the last time we had a QB "lead us" to fewer than 19 points per game there Archimedes?

Fletch
10-22-2014, 06:15 AM
It's funny, prior to the season there were so many people here talking about how great Brown was and what a steal we got from Philly and how he was the heir apparent to Jackson.

Now no one wants to own up to those comments.

So typical.

better days
10-22-2014, 06:34 AM
It's funny, prior to the season there were so many people here talking about how great Brown was and what a steal we got from Philly and how he was the heir apparent to Jackson.

So typical.

Well, I think Brown will prove to be well worth a low 4th rnd pick.

JohnnyGold
10-22-2014, 08:37 AM
I don't think I've talked to or read a single Bills fan say that they were excite that Freddy and Cj Spiller were hurt. We really don't have a choice but to get behind Brown and Dixon.....

I'm excited.

Just use logic:
If the running game was as important in the NFL as it used to be (or as fans like to think it used to be), then the Bills would have made the playoffs 10x over, as they clearly had some of the best RBs in the league when Gailey and Fitz were here. Since then, Jackson has lost a step and CJ can't run up the middle. Maybe they aren't as good as we thought/think? Or maybe the running game isn't as important as we think?

Ok, now we Hackett as our OC. The fans hate him. He doesn't "use our talent" and calls the game "too conservative."
But yet, when Boobie was in at RB this week after CJ went out, he ran up the gut for 50 something yards on 10 something carries--good for about 5 yards a clip.

When we DID run like that with CJ and Jackson, one of 2 things happened: Jackson had to call off because he's older and can't play that way for 60 minutes; or CJ just couldn't hit the hole and would be stopped for no gain. Defenses knew/know this, stacked the box, stunted inside on us, and have killed Orton for 3 weeks.

NOW we have 2 guys in the backfield, fighting for a "starting" job. Theyll hit the hole, theyll get the tough 4 yards, and theyll make this offense look much, much MUCH better. Expect CJ to come back as a wideout in week 17.

I said Orton will lead us to the playoffs, possibly the Super Bowl. We're 2-1, and I feel good about that prediction.
I think with Brown and Dixon at RB, this team could very easily win the AFC. I love how people automatically have us losing to Denver and Green Bay. Why?

What game have we NOT been in this year? And with those 2 overrated backs out, we're going to be even better this weekend. People are worried about us losing to the Jets? LOL. We won't.

Mr. Pink
10-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Running does not matter in this league, you just need to do it a few times a game to keep a defense honest.

So it doesn't matter who's in the backfield.

YardRat
10-22-2014, 04:34 PM

So typical.

Really? 'So many' is how many? Two?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223882-Bills-trade-for-RB-Bryce-Brown?highlight=Bryce+Brown

Fletch
10-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Really? 'So many' is how many? Two?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223882-Bills-trade-for-RB-Bryce-Brown?highlight=Bryce+Brown

You're a fool.

YardRat
10-22-2014, 04:50 PM
You're a fool.

Sorry to continue confusing you with facts.

feldspar
10-22-2014, 05:04 PM
You're a fool.

You're a douchebag.

Fletch
10-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Sorry to continue confusing you with facts.

What facts?

Like I said, you're a fool. Only a fool would sum up this entire forums opinions on one player by citing one thread.

Like I said, you can't even be honest with yourself much less others.

You guys are good amusement. Can't wait for the game threads throughout the rest of the season. It's like a time lapse of 40 years of women on PMS.

Woodman
10-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Some understand some don't buddy.

BertSquirtgum
10-22-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm high on marijuana not Brown.

Jry44
10-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm excited.

Just use logic:
If the running game was as important in the NFL as it used to be (or as fans like to think it used to be), then the Bills would have made the playoffs 10x over, as they clearly had some of the best RBs in the league when Gailey and Fitz were here. Since then, Jackson has lost a step and CJ can't run up the middle. Maybe they aren't as good as we thought/think? Or maybe the running game isn't as important as we think?

Ok, now we Hackett as our OC. The fans hate him. He doesn't "use our talent" and calls the game "too conservative."
But yet, when Boobie was in at RB this week after CJ went out, he ran up the gut for 50 something yards on 10 something carries--good for about 5 yards a clip.

When we DID run like that with CJ and Jackson, one of 2 things happened: Jackson had to call off because he's older and can't play that way for 60 minutes; or CJ just couldn't hit the hole and would be stopped for no gain. Defenses knew/know this, stacked the box, stunted inside on us, and have killed Orton for 3 weeks.

NOW we have 2 guys in the backfield, fighting for a "starting" job. Theyll hit the hole, theyll get the tough 4 yards, and theyll make this offense look much, much MUCH better. Expect CJ to come back as a wideout in week 17.

I said Orton will lead us to the playoffs, possibly the Super Bowl. We're 2-1, and I feel good about that prediction.
I think with Brown and Dixon at RB, this team could very easily win the AFC. I love how people automatically have us losing to Denver and Green Bay. Why?

What game have we NOT been in this year? And with those 2 overrated backs out, we're going to be even better this weekend. People are worried about us losing to the Jets? LOL. We won't.

Cool....

sukie
10-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Bills fans with some age on us seem to like the name "Bryce".