PDA

View Full Version : Help me have some fun at the Jets expense

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Now that I’m living on Long Island (the locals pronounce it “Laaaawn Guylind”), I decided I’ll check out a few days of Jets training camp – at Hofstra University (10 minutes from me).

So, I’ll be there. Now, give me some ideas and suggestions on what I should tell or ask the players. Trash talk, snide remarks, etc. I can’t promise that I’ll actually use them ;) , but lets have some fun coming up with some ideas.

Examples.
I’ll ask Pennington where he gets his haircut so I know where not to go.

I’ll approach some third stringer for an autograph and ask what his name is and when he tells me, I’ll say, “Oh forget the autograph, you’re a scrub, I don’t want you wasting my ink.”

I’ll ask Josh Evans where I can score some cocaine.

:huddle:

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 10:35 AM
Tell Wayne Cherbet that Keyshawn Johnson was right- he sucks

Dozerdog
07-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Actually, there was this obnoxious lawyer in DC (I beleive) who used to sit behind the opponent's bench at the Washington Bullets games (Not sure if he's still there)

His schtick was to yell at the opposition players with some creative smack. When Jordan came to town with the Bulls, he would read right out of Jordan's book- Jordan Rules - and read aloud all the embarassing knocks against the coach and team mates- who were sitting right there.

You should get Johnson's Throw me the Damn Ball- it's a little out of date and most of the Jets are now gone, but I hear he railed on Cherbet- maybe even get wayne to sign it...LOL

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 10:44 AM
:up:

I think I have a copy of the book somewhere. :rofl:

EricStratton
07-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Just remember, as you pull the pen from the scrub giving you an autograph that he's 6'4" - 245lbs and jacked up on creotin and gatorade.

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by EricStratton
Just remember, as you pull the pen from the scrub giving you an autograph that he's 6'4" - 245lbs and jacked up on creotin and gatorade.

I'll make that a third string punter. :D

EricStratton
07-18-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

Good move.

Valerie
07-18-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog Actually, there was this obnoxious lawyer in DC (I beleive) who used to sit behind the opponent's bench at the Washington Bullets games (Not sure if he's still there)

His schtick was to yell at the opposition players with some creative smack. When Jordan came to town with the Bulls, he would read right out of Jordan's book- Jordan Rules - and read aloud all the embarassing knocks against the coach and team mates- who were sitting right there.
Robin Ficker. That dumb ass actually tried to run for the Senate! He's a freaking moron! And, I'm sure he's still annoying the teams at Wizards games!

Here's a link on Robin...

http://www.newsline.umd.edu/politics/specialreports/elections02/fickerfactor110102.htm

Crinoline
07-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Hey! I love on Long Island so keep the puns to a minimum! :p Be sure to check out the Hooters near Hofstra on Hempstead Turnpike. Ask the Jets if they are planning any brawls at Bogarts this year.

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 12:56 PM
:up: Good suggestion.

I love Long Island too! Just not the people who live there. :jk:

Hooters? My description of any Hooters is lousy cafeteria food delivered by chicks too ugly to become strippers. :D

Do you come to McFadden's? Where on LI do you live?

Crinoline
07-18-2003, 01:00 PM
I live in Babylon, east and about a half hour from Hofstra. I usually go across the street to the Sports Page Bar to watch football games. He has a satellite dish so I can see all the Bills games a stone's throw from my house. The hot wings aren't that great but it is tough to find good wings on Long Island.

Oh yeah, if you've been to the Hooters in Toronto you would change your tune about the women.

Valerie
07-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by billsfanoneI love Long Island too! Just not the people who live there. :jk:
Hey! Watch it, buddy! I'm 100% Laaawn Guylind girl! Island girls are the best! :10:

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Ok. I'm in Woodmere now. I'm from Yonkers. I used to go to a Sports Page in White Plains. Maybe it's the same owners...

Hot women in Toronto Hooters huh? I guess there is one good reason to visit Canada. :D

ublinkwescore
07-18-2003, 01:27 PM

Why?

So it can hurt 10x's worse when he kicks you in the nuts?

Start out with the waterboys.

ublinkwescore
07-18-2003, 01:29 PM
My uncle took my gay cousin to Hooters in Phoenix AZ - didn't work.

J/K

TedMock
07-18-2003, 01:56 PM
I've been to Long Island a million times or so.....my fiance's from there. I can't find anything I like about that place except OBI. The people are always trying to impress eachother. I admit I've only been in certain areas....like Holtsville, Bayshore and Islip. I shouldn't generalize the entire place for that but they all kept telling me that I'm not from NY because I'm from Buffalo and we're all Canadian Hicks!! I was so irritated.....HELLO!!! LI is NOT NYC at all. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone here being I've never had a problem w/anyone here. I just get so mad thinking about that.

Turf
07-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Now that I’m living on Long Island (the locals pronounce it “Laaaawn Guylind”),

:huddle:

That "Laaaawn Guylind" spelling cracks me up. When I say it it comes out perfect.

LtBillsFan66
07-18-2003, 01:58 PM
True Ted. They say I'm from upstate. Yonkers upstate!?!?!? I say take a look at a ***** map.

Crinoline
07-18-2003, 03:41 PM
I know exactly where Yonkers is. Growing up my Uncle lived there and we would visit his family all the time.

> I can't find anything I like about that place except OBI.

Long Island has many great things. High taxes, high utilities, high auto insurance, high prices...Plus where else in the country can you find a 24 hour convenience store on almost every *****ing corner.

Thailog80
07-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Say out loud " Where the hell are all the good players? Oh yeah I forgot they went to the Redskins!"

Valerie
07-18-2003, 03:55 PM
What about Dairy Barn, Crinoline? We had a few of those out where I lived. A drive through dairy store. I always thought that was a great idea.

Anyway, Long Island has a lot to offer and there are a lot of beautiful places on the Island. Yeah, we may have attitudes, but frankly, so do the hicks from upstate New York! I lived in Glens Falls (north of Albany) for 3 years and thos people HATED downstaters! We were cursed or something. I'm sorry that our idea of dressing up is wearing silk and shoes and their idea is ironing their freaking flannel shirt!

I have nothing against anyone on the board either, but trust me, the hatred and prejudice is on both sides of the City!

Michael82
07-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Ask Ted Cotrell how it felt for Gregg Williams to be picked for the Bills HC position over him. :snicker:

Michael82
07-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Jaded....it's because our tax money NEVER goes to help us out...it's always going to NY City. :rolleyes:

Michael82
07-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Vetteman84
Say out loud " Where the hell are all the good players? Oh yeah I forgot they went to the Redskins!"

:snicker: :evil:

That's a good one! :D

ublinkwescore
07-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Ask them when they expect Sam Cowart to go down for the remainder of the season.

Valerie
07-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282 Jaded....it's because our tax money NEVER goes to help us out...it's always going to NY City. :rolleyes:
And that's a reason to hate downstaters? It's not our fault where your tax dollars are being spent or not being spent. Anyway, I was talking about Long Island specifically. Upstate people hate NYC AND Long Islanders! Well, it's mutual. I'm not crazy about those beer guzzling, flannel wearing, hicks either. I'll stick to my champagne and silk. Thank you very much!

Michael82
07-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Well, it's mutual. I'm not crazy about those beer guzzling, flannel wearing, hicks either. I'll stick to my champagne and silk. Thank you very much!

you know thats NOT true! beer guzzling, flannel wearing, hicks!?!??! JADED! I don't believe you said that. Upstates are not all hicks, and hardly any of them wear flannel all the time. They just can't afford to wear gucci or all that expensive ****!

Thailog80
07-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Shes right about the flannel. I live in upstate NY and it is hell. More inbred, redneck, nascar loving woodchucks than you can imagine. Do you know the hardest 3 years of an upstate NY rednecks life? Answer---Third Grade.

Valerie
07-18-2003, 04:55 PM
Mike, you and I consider upstate two different places. When I talk about "upstate," I'm talking about Albany and points north. I consider Rochester and Buffalo western New York. I don't think there are many hicks in those places. A few, but not like Albany and north. Freaking bunch of grass chewing, twang talking, rednecks!

Thailog80
07-18-2003, 05:02 PM
I live 90 miles north of Smalbany. Like you say it is twangin' wrangler wearing, cud chewing, charlie daniels lovin', dont need no cellulite phone service, card carrying rednecks here. Im moving south (fla) as soon as I have some extra money. I swear I live in hooterville complete with Sam Druckers store. Im in the Lake George/Glens Falls area. Die Rednecks Die!!!

Crinoline
07-18-2003, 05:07 PM
> What about Dairy Barn, Crinoline? We had a few of those out where I lived. A drive through dairy store. I always thought that was a great idea.

Good ole Dairy Barn. I pass one every day on my way to work.

Michael82
07-18-2003, 05:13 PM
Okay...I always considered the rochester/buffalo area as Western Upstate NY. The media calls us upstate. :D

Valerie
07-18-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Vetteman84 I live 90 miles north of Smalbany. Like you say it is twangin' wrangler wearing, cud chewing, charlie daniels lovin', dont need no cellulite phone service, card carrying rednecks here. Im moving south (fla) as soon as I have some extra money. I swear I live in hooterville complete with Sam Druckers store. Im in the Lake George/Glens Falls area. Die Rednecks Die!!!
OMG! I lived in Glens Falls/Queensbury for three years! A HORRIBLE three years at that! I will say that Lake George in the summertime is BEAUTIFUL! And, I'm not talking the Village either. If you go north on the lake, to Bolton Landing and The Sagamore. That's beautiful up there. We used to vacation up there while I was growing up. Have you ever camped out on the islands in the middle of the lake? It's a lot of fun. :) One of my favorite lakes is even farther north. Have you ever heard of Paradox Lake? It's near Schroon Lake? Oh, it was total HEAVEN up there! I swear, if I had the money, I'd buy a summer/fall place on that lake. It's a much smaller lake compared to Lake George, but it's so peaceful. In the middle of the mountains. If you ever get bored, take a drive. Just get on 87 North (right?) and keep driving, you'll see signs for it. :)

Originally posted by CrinolineGood ole Dairy Barn. I pass one every day on my way to work.
I always had it in the back of my mind to start one up down here. I'm sure these rich, *****, hoity toity people would love the idea down here. I'd make millions! lol

Thailog80
07-18-2003, 05:25 PM
-So you know the hell Im trapped in then? Pickup trucks,country music, nascar, tractors on the road..............ahhhhhh its maddening!

Valerie
07-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Yupper, I certainly do. Freaking bunch of hicks! lol That's what I've been trying to say. I've been there, done that and now I'm down in the capital of the good ole USA. Where they only know business suits, Rolex, Dom Perignon, Mercedes, etc. Moving from Long Island to Glens Falls was hell! It was going from class and refined people to classless rednecks! At least down here I have the same things as I did on Long Island. The change wasn't drastic at all. I'd never live in upstate NY. Unless it was during the summer and I had a summer house on a lake. :)

Thailog80
07-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Lake George was a mad house today.....I did manage to get to the Ralph Lauren Store (man heaven) and a few others before the mad rush, it rained and everyone was shopping. Im counting the days until I can leave this redneck refuse behind!!! Im a soon to be ex-NYer.

TedMock
07-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7

And that's a reason to hate downstaters? It's not our fault where your tax dollars are being spent or not being spent. Anyway, I was talking about Long Island specifically. Upstate people hate NYC AND Long Islanders! Well, it's mutual. I'm not crazy about those beer guzzling, flannel wearing, hicks either. I'll stick to my champagne and silk. Thank you very much!

You love going to the Ralph right? You should embrace these people!

Valerie
07-18-2003, 07:22 PM
lol I never said I didn't like the Ralph. I just have problems with a few flannel wearing, grass chewing, twang talking rednecks. lol Thankfully I haven't met any at the Ralph.....so far. lol

TedMock
07-18-2003, 07:31 PM
lol. I'm joking. I still say there's nothing better than Buffalo. I miss the "rednecks". I never thought of myself as one (NO, I do not wear flannels) but when I moved away I realized that I had more in common with "other cities rednecks"!

Valerie
07-18-2003, 07:49 PM
:chuckle: Are you going to the opener, Ted? If so, should I look for you in your plaid flannel? lol ;)