• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Doug flutie -a football life

Pretty good episode I watched on dvr. He talked about music city throw forward. You forget how good that 99 team was. And how good flutie was that yr.

Wade said in interview that we probably win that game if flutie starts. And the stats on RJ was terrible even with a great last drive.

Anyone else watch?
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Doug flutie -a football life

Flutie was mediocre in 1999, the D carried the team. His big year was 1998.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

I'm so over the past.

I bent the past over doggy style, put my dick in it, blew my load, said goodbye - get the F out, and then I kissed the future.

Comment

• Beebe
        • Aug 2011

I'm still mad that Doug didn't start that game, Rob only completed like 11 passes that game and played like ****. So I do believe Doug wins that game.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Revisionist history...Flutie sucked that year. He turned the ball over in the redzone seemingly once a game.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

The past is getting old.

Pun intended.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Flutie was figured-out by midway of that season. Hence the reason they decided to replace Flutie. And when RJ left the field in that playoff game, the team had the lead. He didn't play ST's. Or officiate.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

Anyone else watch?
                this explains why Tacklingdummy's been missing. His mom says he hasn't come out of the basement since that video aired.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• GreedoII
                  • Aug 2007

it just didn't make sense at the time. Why not just start him in week 10 rather than wait until the stupid playoffs if Flutie was exposed and ineffective?? Mismanagement is why...oh wait...still going on today...

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                    • Sep 2003

Flutie is the most over-rated non-Cowboy non-Tebow quarterback of all time.
                    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                      Flutie is the most over-rated non-Cowboy non-Tebow quarterback of all time.
                      he may have been an over rated starting qb but he was one of the best back up qb's ever.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Pretty good episode I watched on dvr. He talked about music city throw forward. You forget how good that 99 team was. And how good flutie was that yr.

Wade said in interview that we probably win that game if flutie starts. And the stats on RJ was terrible even with a great last drive.

Anyone else watch?
                        Wade just said the obvious and it still stings him. Ralph ordered that move. RJ was a loser. Flutie was a winner. Nuff said.

Comment

• Beebe
                          • Aug 2011

In 1997, Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer faced a situation similar.Elvis Grbac was the starting quarterback that season, but he suffered a broken collarbone. Rich Gannon came off the bench and won games. The Chiefs finished 13-3 and secured homefield advantage, but Schottenheimer went back to Grbac, and the result was disastrous.The Chiefs were upset in the first round of the playoffs by the Broncos, and Gannon left in free agency the next year to turn the Raiders into a playoff contender and eventual Super Bowl participant.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Anyone else watch?
                            How good he was in 1999? They glossed over that despite his winning ways the offense scored an unspectacular 17 points in the last 5 games with Flutie under center. Then RJ comes in after sitting most of the year and puts 31 against a playoff team in the Colts that 15 weeks earlier held the Flutie only put up 14 points again. The reason RJ got the start in that Titans playoff game was the offense was struggling all year putting up points and am sure Ralph saw RJ put up to above average performances by RJ in Week 16 of the 1998 and 1999 season and the thought we had a better chance to put up points. Again had the music city miracle run back never happened RJ would be applauded for that final drive when he was making plays with no shoe etc.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                              Wade just said the obvious and it still stings him. Ralph ordered that move. RJ was a loser. Flutie was a winner. Nuff said.
                              Did you watch the special? Flutie won a grand total of 0 NFL playoff games. Also I'm curious why they didn't discuss good ole Flutie crossing the picket line to play during the 1987 season when most NFL players were on strike or how he got benched in the USFL? He was a simple game manager but the most telling thing was Flutie himself said he wasn't magical at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X