PDA

View Full Version : Astorino PROMISES new stadium to be built in 2 yrs!

DetDannyWilliams
10-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Gov. Cuomo debating Astorino tonight...question about the stadium keep the Bills at RWS or build a new stadium? Cuomo STILL stands by what he has been saying all along and Astorino says that he PROMISES a new stadium will be bult in two years. Cuomo then said this coming from a guy who is a Dolphins fan

BillsImpossible
10-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Politicians suck. Get a real job, wankers.

Ed
10-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Who will be playing at this new stadium? I'm pretty sure the Bills have a lease agreement to play at the Ralph.

OpIv37
10-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Gov. Cuomo debating Astorino tonight...question about the stadium keep the Bills at RWS or build a new stadium? Cuomo STILL stands by what he has been saying all along and Astorino says that he PROMISES a new stadium will be bult in two years. Cuomo then said this coming from a guy who is a Dolphins fan

Yeah and George HW Bush isn't going to raise taxes and Obama's gonna close Gitmo........

A campaign promise from a politician isn't worth the piece of TP I just used to wipe my ass.

And even if he wins and attempts to follow through, he will meet a lot of resistance and won't want to waste all his political capital on a stadium.

BillsImpossible
10-22-2014, 07:52 PM
"Santa Claus is coming, to town..."

Albany,n.y.
10-23-2014, 08:32 AM
I watched the debate & he said nothing of the sort. Where did you come up with this nonsense?
http://politicsnow.buffalonews.com/2014/10/22/videos-new-york-state-gubernatiorial-debate-broken-question/ Scroll down to new Bills stadium & click to start the video.

WagonCircler
10-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Yeah and George HW Bush isn't going to raise taxes and Obama's gonna close Gitmo........

A campaign promise from a politician isn't worth the piece of TP I just used to wipe my ass.

And even if he wins and attempts to follow through, he will meet a lot of resistance and won't want to waste all his political capital on a stadium.

Politicians and their promises aside, I think that there will be a proposal by Pegula and Delaware North that will have enough private funding to make a new stadium politically palatable, especially for politicians jockeying to take credit for a growing Downtown (which has nothing to do with government and everything to do with private sector investment).

A new stadium is not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when."

Fletch
10-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Who will be playing at this new stadium? I'm pretty sure the Bills have a lease agreement to play at the Ralph.

Politicians and their promises aside, I think that there will be a proposal by Pegula and Delaware North that will have enough private funding to make a new stadium politically palatable, especially for politicians jockeying to take credit for a growing Downtown (which has nothing to do with government and everything to do with private sector investment).

The only two comments worth responding to so far.

All we've heard is about how we're cemented, no pun intended, into playing at OP through 2020 when there's a cheap buyout and because the provision that Ralph put in the trust made sure that no one could move the team.

Now all of a sudden the implication seems to be that $400M is chump change and that we'll be playing elsewhere prior to that.

This place is insane sometimes. It's borderline certifiable.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2014, 10:02 AM

All we've heard is about how we're cemented, no pun intended, into playing at OP through 2020 when there's a cheap buyout and because the provision that Ralph put in the trust made sure that no one could move the team.

Now all of a sudden the implication seems to be that $400M is chump change and that we'll be playing elsewhere prior to that.

Wow.

OK, I am going to say thism being fully aware of what you will probably say.

The interesting thing about agreements like this is that they can be modified if all parties agree. If the team was going to be moved to LA or Toronto, obviously the county and state would not just agree to a change.

But, if the team was moving downtown, all it would take is an amendment to the current agreement to stipulate that the move is acceptable

It's not quite the same and you are comparing two completely different scenarios.

Fletch
10-23-2014, 10:10 AM
That's a valid point.

trapezeus
10-23-2014, 10:12 AM
seems like a politician would be a little late to pushing buttons with local voters. i think bills fans like the ralph but know the shelf life is 7Y and that we need to be breaking ground in 5-8Y to get a new stadium. there is zero reason to expedite a stadium now that new ownership is here and the team is committed to the area.

if what he said were true, it would not generate him much in the way of votes and would be a ridiculous item to promise in that time span.

OpIv37
10-23-2014, 11:03 AM

I don't disagree.

I'm just saying that this is already in motion and an empty campaign promise doesn't change it in any way.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2014, 09:29 AM

lol. You are a piece of work

Dr. Lecter
10-24-2014, 09:37 AM
That's a valid point.

So maybe people are NOT certifiable and/or insane after all?

yordad
10-24-2014, 09:41 AM
I just want to know who is against the S.A.F.E act.