PDA

View Full Version : The Best Team In The NFL Is ?

BillsImpossible
10-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Denver by Peyton Manning's default?

Are the Broncos the best team, or do they only have the best quarterback?

Best team consists of offense, defense, and special teams.

The Colts have the NFL's #1 ranked offense and are ranked 3rd in overall defense.

NFC teams look weaker than the AFC teams.

Seattle looks complacent and vulnerable.

Colts? Broncos? Patriots? Other?

Manning vs. Orton in the AFC Championship Game in Denver?

Woodman
10-22-2014, 07:12 PM
If you ever listen to Skip Bayless THE BEST team has got to be DALLAS!

I say **** Skip Bayless. :D

BillsImpossible
10-22-2014, 07:18 PM

After the Bills won last week, I turned on the NFL Network.

Every 10 minutes they would recap the Dallas vs. Giants game with 5 minutes worth of highlights and continually replayed Tony Romo's post game comments.

I wanted to throw my remote control at the television.

BillsImpossible
10-22-2014, 07:49 PM
2014 Special Teams Ratings

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Topas
10-23-2014, 01:44 AM
Thanks, BillsImpossible. NFL ratings suck. Go to footballoutsiders. Much more informative and realistic.
Denver is there ranked first in offense and second in defense.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/week-7-dvoa-ratings

By the way, we are third in defense and fourth in special teams. And 29th in offense.
Seems about right to me. Defense is that good because it does not penalize them because they often have to defend a short field due to offensive turnovers.

Historian
10-23-2014, 04:32 AM
I think San Diego is the best team...barring injuries.

YardRat
10-23-2014, 05:10 AM
Hard to argue against Denver and Dallas right now, but at the end it depends on who gets hot and catches a couple of breaks. Seattle is obviously suffering a little bit from the hangover still, but as the season moves on and things get more serious they could get their **** together, and you can never count out the New England Referees as long as Brady is there.

Forward_Lateral
10-23-2014, 05:28 AM
I think San Diego is the best team...barring injuries.

Man, they look good, don't they. Tonight will tell us how good they really are, IMO. I think the winner of tonight's game is the best team in the AFC. NFC is Dallas right now.

Fletch
10-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Thanks, BillsImpossible. NFL ratings suck. Go to footballoutsiders. Much more informative and realistic.
Denver is there ranked first in offense and second in defense.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/week-7-dvoa-ratings

By the way, we are third in defense and fourth in special teams. And 29th in offense.
Seems about right to me. Defense is that good because it does not penalize them because they often have to defend a short field due to offensive turnovers.

I think that you're going to see our defensive rankings plummet between now and the end of the season. I do not understand how our defense can be ranked so high. The passing D isn't much different than last season and our rushing D did not play well against the only good and proven RB that we've played in a healthy state. We've played a nothing list of RBs. I hope that we shut them down, they all suck pretty much. McKinnon isn't even good but no one seems to be concerned that our defense allowed Bridgewater his only TD of the season and that McKinnon and the rest of the Vikes nothing RBs lit us up for 158 yards on 5.4 ypc. That should be considered significant.

It's great that we stopped Donald Brown, like most other teams do and have done for years, or Damien Williams and Lamar Miller, same there, or George Winn whom we'd never heard of, or Alfred Blue filling in for an injured Foster, but those are hardly milestone efforts, they're expected. Blue didn't play any better vs. Pittsburgh or Dallas. Brown had his best game of the season against us. So did Winn. So did Damien Williams. They're all nothing RBs. To the extent that most of them have played they've been shut down by just about every team.

To sum up, the list of RBs we've faced sucks. We can argue that we stopped Ridley and Vereen, but if that's true apparently it played right into NE's hands because Brady put up his best game since playing the Steelers a year ago. Meanwhile Cutler lit us up passing, Tannehill posted a banner 2nd half, Fitzpatrick did more than he should have been allowed to do. Bridgewater crossed a milestone. Rivers had a great game against us. Even Stafford played OK considering that he had only one recognizeable receiver on the field, who just happened to post a career day.

I'm sorry, if this isn't concerning then those looking at it don't know much about football.

This is going to come back on us and the wise people are going to see why and understand it, the rest are going to go through their usual rituals.

Schwartz had better tighten up this pass D or we'll struggle to win any more games. All of the remaining teams we face are going to have better passing games than Detroit had fielded for that game and Minnesota's. Miami's probably the worst we'll play and if Tannehill learned from his second half the first time that may not go well.

We can look at sacks and INTs all we want to, but this defense is average or well below average in every other significant defensive passing category.

I predict lots of pissing and moaning here throughout the month of November. In December, unless something changes drastically, teams like Denver, Green Bay, and NE are going to put up 40 points on us. Scoring 20 isn't going to work.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2014, 06:59 AM
Bridgewater crossed a milestone?

How so? 15 of 26 for 157 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs (and 5 sacks) is crossing a milestone?

Please explain.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-23-2014, 07:01 AM
Bridgewater crossed a milestone?

How so? 15 of 26 for 157 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs (and 5 sacks) is crossing a milestone?

Please explain.

i think he's referring to his first touchdown. i'm not sure

better days
10-23-2014, 07:12 AM
I think that you're going to see our defensive rankings plummet between now and the end of the season. I do not understand how our defense can be ranked so high. The passing D isn't much different than last season and our rushing D did not play well against the only good and proven RB that we've played in a healthy state. We've played a nothing list of RBs. I hope that we shut them down, they all suck pretty much. McKinnon isn't even good but no one seems to be concerned that our defense allowed Bridgewater his only TD of the season and that McKinnon and the rest of the Vikes nothing RBs lit us up for 158 yards on 5.4 ypc. That should be considered significant.

It's great that we stopped Donald Brown, like most other teams do and have done for years, or Damien Williams and Lamar Miller, same there, or George Winn whom we'd never heard of, or Alfred Blue filling in for an injured Foster, but those are hardly milestone efforts, they're expected. Blue didn't play any better vs. Pittsburgh or Dallas. Brown had his best game of the season against us. So did Winn. So did Damien Williams. They're all nothing RBs. To the extent that most of them have played they've been shut down by just about every team.

To sum up, the list of RBs we've faced sucks. We can argue that we stopped Ridley and Vereen, but if that's true apparently it played right into NE's hands because Brady put up his best game since playing the Steelers a year ago. Meanwhile Cutler lit us up passing, Tannehill posted a banner 2nd half, Fitzpatrick did more than he should have been allowed to do. Bridgewater crossed a milestone. Rivers had a great game against us. Even Stafford played OK considering that he had only one recognizeable receiver on the field, who just happened to post a career day.

I'm sorry, if this isn't concerning then those looking at it don't know much about football.

This is going to come back on us and the wise people are going to see why and understand it, the rest are going to go through their usual rituals.

Schwartz had better tighten up this pass D or we'll struggle to win any more games. All of the remaining teams we face are going to have better passing games than Detroit had fielded for that game and Minnesota's. Miami's probably the worst we'll play and if Tannehill learned from his second half the first time that may not go well.

We can look at sacks and INTs all we want to, but this defense is average or well below average in every other significant defensive passing category.

I predict lots of pissing and moaning here throughout the month of November. In December, unless something changes drastically, teams like Denver, Green Bay, and NE are going to put up 40 points on us. Scoring 20 isn't going to work.

What you don't understand is games are won & lost because of points scored for & against.

Yards have NO MEANING in wins & loses. A week ago, the Jets put up 100 more yards than the Patriots* but lost the game.

The Patriots put up 2 more points than the Jets did & that is all that matters.

Night Train
10-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Denver looks the best to me.

coastal
10-23-2014, 07:41 AM
Dallas and Indy

better days
10-23-2014, 07:47 AM

And how many years has Dallas looked GREAT in September & October only to fall apart in November & December?

feldspar
10-23-2014, 02:09 PM
I think that people overlook the Arizona Cardinals a lot. I like that team this year, especially with Carson Palmer back. Made a bunch of money off them last year. Not to say they're the best team, even in the NFC...I like them more than other teams.

But Denver is the best team IMO.

If the Bills don't make it to the Super Bowl :scared:, I'd like to see the Broncos play the Cardinals.

Edward Robinson
10-23-2014, 03:02 PM

Listen Fletch, You play who is in front of you. I dont want to hear crap about what running back didnt play or what team wasnt playing a full strength. Guess what? Our team is not at 100%. We are missing our top 2 runnning backs now, our stating OLB KIko Alonso and other starters have missed time. This is the NFL. Injuries are a huge part of the game and that is why the teams that make it far usually have DEPTH at most key positions. I wouldnt care who from the other team is out. This is not college where strength of schedule matter. A win is A win and hopefully we get enough to make the playoffs.

I'll give you an example of the type of dude you seem to be. Take the fact that McKinnon had a good game, and never mind the fact that he had another good game this season vs Atlanta (which may not be saying much but oh well). Now since he had a good game your point is " see look at what he did against us crediting our poor run defense and not the dude talent, however if we would have shut him down the your point would have been." well he is a bum so our defense didnt do anything. No offense seem like the type of guy who tries to have it both ways. " When the bills win deep down inside you enjoy the win but when they lose you are the told you so type. In my opinion your the worst type of fan a team can have. My rant is over. Have a great day

swiper
10-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Denver looks the best to me.

But could be beaten still.

starrymessenger
10-23-2014, 08:01 PM
Dallas and Indy

Yeah, Colts.
Soon to be anyway.

Mace
10-23-2014, 08:11 PM
I think that people overlook the Arizona Cardinals a lot. I like that team this year, especially with Carson Palmer back. Made a bunch of money off them last year. Not to say they're the best team, even in the NFC...I like them more than other teams.

But Denver is the best team IMO.

If the Bills don't make it to the Super Bowl :scared:, I'd like to see the Broncos play the Cardinals.

Yes yes yes, Denver looks best but I sure wouldn't want to have to play Arian's Cardinals to get another game forward, home or road. I can't imagine that team completely healthy and working past playing by ear.

notacon
10-24-2014, 05:26 AM
Denver. The owned San Diego last night.

Dallas will fail when Romo gets to the playoffs. He is a choker.

Ingtar33
10-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Denver, San Diego or Arizona

I'd say arizona is the best all round team right now. considering what they're doing with average QB play.

imbondz
10-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Denver is absolutely the best team, it's not a debate right this second imo.

cookie G
10-24-2014, 08:41 AM
After the Bills won last week, I turned on the NFL Network.

Every 10 minutes they would recap the Dallas vs. Giants game with 5 minutes worth of highlights and continually replayed Tony Romo's post game comments.

I wanted to throw my remote control at the television.

Considering they've won a single playoff game in the past 18 years, yeah..they just get a tad too much media time..but this is nothing new...

Being America's team doesn't say much for America.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Denver, San Diego or Arizona

I'd say arizona is the best all round team right now. considering what they're doing with average QB play.

Arizona is balling right now. I forgot they were 5-1.

Ed
10-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Denver. Their only weakness has been the RB position, but they've actually run the ball well the past two games now. The defense is the best it's been since Manning became a Bronco and will probably only get better as the season goes on.

The Broncos have now beaten San Diego, San Fransisco, and Arizona by an average of 20 points in 3 of their last 4 games. Those were all home games for the Broncos, but those are good teams and none of them could even make it competitive.

DynaPaul
10-25-2014, 10:52 AM
I'm gonna laugh when the Cowboys tank at the end of the season. Seemingly every media outlet has been thrilled to talk about how great they are...

Generalissimus Gibby
10-25-2014, 01:14 PM
Denver by Peyton Manning's default?

Are the Broncos the best team, or do they only have the best quarterback?

Best team consists of offense, defense, and special teams.

The Colts have the NFL's #1 ranked offense and are ranked 3rd in overall defense.

NFC teams look weaker than the AFC teams.

Seattle looks complacent and vulnerable.

Colts? Broncos? Patriots? Other?

Manning vs. Orton in the AFC Championship Game in Denver?

Currently, the best "team" is Indy.

Denver IIRC has a better record, but only because it has Peyton Manning. Remember that in 2010 the same Indy team that looked downright abysmal with the exact same cast of characters in 2011 made the playoffs with Manning. Manning is the single best qb --at least statistically speaking -- in the game. New England is in the same boat. We can get excited all we want that Gronk and other New England players are injured/dead but as long as Brady is under center that team can never be counted out. I would say the AFC title game is again going to be some form of Brady v. Manning, Brady v. Luck, Manning v. Luck. We may get into the post season, and right now I think we can, but unfortunately I don't see a Kansas City Royals type wild ride to the Superbowl. Don't get me wrong, a Royals world series championship and a Bills Superbowl win in the same year. My God, I think I'd die with a huge smile on my face.

ServoBillieves
10-25-2014, 01:37 PM
The Buffalo Bills.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-25-2014, 01:39 PM
The Buffalo Bills.

Yeah, but Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank they're not.