PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kolb followup....

Mace
10-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Didn't see this posted, I wondered why he disappeared so completely. Probably because he's bad press, his drunken boating incident out of the way.

I think it goes without saying that there's not any need to talk about how he affected us rather than how the game affected him. He's 30. Same token, I don't see any way to avoid that he chose the game that messed him up. I just hope he has some relief and quality of life.

With concussions, sometimes you don’t know what is a symptom and what is not. But some symptoms are impossible to ignore," Kolb wrote. "The ringing is like someone shooting a shotgun right next to my ear, every second of every day. It doesn’t go away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/retired-kevin-kolb-has-concussion-symptoms--every-second-of-every-day-164216614.html

ServoBillieves
10-23-2014, 07:58 PM
I really hope the best for him. Was he a bum for the Bills? Yes, I'll get it out of the way, but as a human being (and, one of the few football players we can see as human) I truly hope he gets better. I know a few people with permanent damage from concussions; not one doesn't have an addiction of some type to "make the pain go away."

Best of luck to KK.

Mace
10-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I really hope the best for him. Was he a bum for the Bills? Yes, I'll get it out of the way, but as a human being (and, one of the few football players we can see as human) I truly hope he gets better. I know a few people with permanent damage from concussions; not one doesn't have an addiction of some type to "make the pain go away."

Best of luck to KK.

He didn't really even have a chance to be a bum for the Bills, though you can say they wasted time and energy on him thinking he wouldn't be for no reason I can think of. There was no way he was going to stand up over the beatings this team has given their QB's last couple years.

feldspar
10-23-2014, 08:54 PM
He didn't really even have a chance to be a bum for the Bills

Correct.

This is a hell of a lot more serious than that, anyway. Sure you agree. Bad thing...who knows what to say? I did not know it was this bad.

Night Train
10-24-2014, 03:09 AM
All the best thoughts for the guy.

OpIv37
10-24-2014, 08:17 AM
I don't blame Kolb at all for what happened with him in Buffalo. It was terrible management. Everyone who pays attention to the game knew about Kolb's health and knew he wouldn't last, except the Bills' brass. There are times when you can take a flyer on a guy like that and hope for the best, but we needed a vet QB to start short term and mentor our rookie. Relying on a guy with Kolb's history was just so dumb I can't even think of harsh enough words to describe it properly.

That being said, I hope everything works out for Kolb. No one should have to go through life in that much pain, especially someone so young.

justasportsfan
10-24-2014, 08:30 AM
thats the story on the bills. We take risks with guys like Kolb, Merriman and Moeaki but miss on Peyton. Not that he would have chosen to sign here.

better days
10-24-2014, 08:43 AM
thats the story on the bills. We take risks with guys like Kolb, Merriman and Moeaki but miss on Peyton. Not that he would have chosen to sign here.

Well, the Bills did take a chance on Henderson, that is one risk that paid off.

OpIv37
10-24-2014, 08:54 AM

I don't have an issue with risks from the standpoint of "our team is already good- lets take a flyer on this guy and maybe he'll make us better." A perfect example is Jerry Hughes. All we gave up for him was Sheppard, and our DL is still good without him, so if he tanked it would have been no big deal. But he's been great for us.

The problem is that far too often, the Bills rely on risks like Kolb and Merriman to improve on dismal seasons, and not surprisingly, they whiff far more often than they hit. Hopefully this strategy changes under Pegula because the results speak for themselves.