PDA

View Full Version : The running QB has really revolutionized the game

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 12:44 PM
Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 12:50 PM
The best racists are those with the lightest touch.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 12:54 PM
I'll bet you're having a horrible day, huh Elvis?

Two of your heroes look like piles of DOG s h it. (see what I did there?)

I'll bet you're crying in your Zima.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Oh KKK.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Oh SPCA.

notacon
10-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Well...the "running QB" is really a misnomer....a hackneyed lazy media meme of last century.

What HAS revolutionized the game is mobile QB's and rule changes protecting the QB and the passing game.

The Bills don't have one starting today. Orson is like a statue.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2014, 01:15 PM
One of them only won the SB last year.

But keep being sarcastic anyway! :up:

IlluminatusUIUC
10-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Vick just led his team to 17 points in a quarter. I think this topic was premature. Let's see how he finishes it before we laugh.

imbondz
10-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Is Wilson really a running QB? Thought he was more a pocket passer but can run

coastal
10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Scrap the run game... Throw the ball 30 times this half

Mad Bomber
10-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Dumbass decision by Harvin

thank you Percy

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 02:03 PM
What's the record for turnovers in one game?

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Lucky 7!

Just like Geno's uniform number and Vick's old uniform number.

They're like a juggernaut.

They've really changed the way the game is played.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Awww. Overturned. That's OK. Vick will throw another punt to us.

imbondz
10-26-2014, 02:31 PM
What's the record for turnovers in one game?

Ummmm. We hold that record with 9.....in the Super Bowl

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Vick just led his team to 17 points in a quarter. I think this topic was premature. Let's see how he finishes it before we laugh.Can we laugh now?

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 02:37 PM
Oh KKK.HaHaHa. If you don't like running QB's, you're a racist?

What a DFA.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 02:38 PM
HaHaHa. If you don't like running QB's, you're a racist?

What a DFA.

Yup.

I'll bet Spikey doesn't think Russell Wilson is black enough.

(BTW, I love Russell Wilson).

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 02:38 PM
HaHaHa. If you don't like running QB's, you're a racist?

What a DFA.

Please tell us another story about ******s picking fights with you in the 60's and how you beat them up.

I enjoy your frozen in time moments.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Yup.

I'll bet Spikey doesn't think Russell Wilson is black enough.

(BTW, I love Russell Wilson).

You are one sick *** and your ugliness towards non-Whites is your cancer.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Reports: Some teammates think QB Russell Wilson isn't black enough

Earlier this week, Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman wrote about the ongoing saga in Seattle in the wake of the Percy Harvin trade. Specifically, some Seahawks players think third-year quarterback Russell Wilson is too close to the front office, and doesn't always take blame for his mistakes.

Then there's this: "There is also an element of race that needs to be discussed," Freeman wrote. "My feeling on this -- and it's backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players -- is that some of the black players think Wilson isn't black enough."

We talked about Wilson's blackness on the Eye on Football podcast, which you can listen to by hitting play on the episode (10/22) below (and that led to this tweet). But on Thursday's SportsCenter, Kenny Mayne added this to Freeman's story:

“Two sources — one inside the team, one outside of the underachieving 3-3 Seahawks — tell me that much of what was written in Mike Freeman's Bleacher Report column is true,” Mayne said, via PFT. “(Freeman) wrote of turmoil involving since-traded Percy Harvin and the quarterback Russell Wilson that led to a more widespread internal battle pitting those for Russell Wilson and those against.

"And Freeman surmised on his own an issue among some teammates regarding Wilson that quote, 'he isn't black enough.' A certain expected behavior based on color, apparently. One of the sources told me, quote, I don't know how he got all that stuff, but it's pretty much true. We do have a divide. We're working on it. Thursday that notion was not presented to Wilson, but over and again, questions came about Harvin's departure.”

First, as PFT's Mike Florio points out, Freeman didn't "surmise" this. It was his feeling "backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players." Second, "that notion" was presented to Wilson.

More...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24765777/reports-some-teammates-say-russell-wilson-isnt-black-enough

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Please tell us another story about ******s picking fights with you in the 60's and how you beat them up.

I enjoy your frozen in time moments.Why?? This thread doesn't need any amusing anecdotes.

Your amusing enough doing a double imitation of Bevis and Butthead rolled into one.

Canada's criteria for a law degree must be pretty low if they give them to morons like you.

Now go home and have your wife wash your pussy.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Reports: Some teammates think QB Russell Wilson isn't black enough

Earlier this week, Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman wrote about the ongoing saga in Seattle in the wake of the Percy Harvin trade. Specifically, some Seahawks players think third-year quarterback Russell Wilson is too close to the front office, and doesn't always take blame for his mistakes.

Then there's this: "There is also an element of race that needs to be discussed," Freeman wrote. "My feeling on this -- and it's backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players -- is that some of the black players think Wilson isn't black enough."

We talked about Wilson's blackness on the Eye on Football podcast, which you can listen to by hitting play on the episode (10/22) below (and that led to this tweet). But on Thursday's SportsCenter, Kenny Mayne added this to Freeman's story:

“Two sources — one inside the team, one outside of the underachieving 3-3 Seahawks — tell me that much of what was written in Mike Freeman's Bleacher Report column is true,” Mayne said, via PFT. “(Freeman) wrote of turmoil involving since-traded Percy Harvin and the quarterback Russell Wilson that led to a more widespread internal battle pitting those for Russell Wilson and those against.

"And Freeman surmised on his own an issue among some teammates regarding Wilson that quote, 'he isn't black enough.' A certain expected behavior based on color, apparently. One of the sources told me, quote, I don't know how he got all that stuff, but it's pretty much true. We do have a divide. We're working on it. Thursday that notion was not presented to Wilson, but over and again, questions came about Harvin's departure.”

First, as PFT's Mike Florio points out, Freeman didn't "surmise" this. It was his feeling "backed up by several interviews with Seahawks players." Second, "that notion" was presented to Wilson.

More...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24765777/reports-some-teammates-say-russell-wilson-isnt-black-enough

What is the purpose of posting this?

Just to serve your ****** hating agenda right?

Why don't you join us all in this century?

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Now go home and have your wife wash your pussy.

Just nasty.

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 02:46 PM

Why don't you join us all in this century?Why don't you remove your head from your ass?

Mr. Pink
10-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Just nasty.

Just put him on ignore, he doesn't discuss anything of relevance anyway and it makes the forums a much more enjoyable experience! :up:

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Why don't you remove your head from your ass?

I will after you and Wagon tell us that "some of your best friends are Black."

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 02:49 PM

Why don't you join us all in this century?

To further illustrate what a fool you are.

You and all your crowing on every draft day, pimping mediocre QBs.

And yet, the Bills' slow, pocket passing QB, throws 4 TDs.

It's not about race, dumb ass. It's about the reality that the game is the game, and pocket passers will always win more often than running backs playing QB, regardless of color. (It's that whole "content of their character" thing. You wouldn't understand).

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Just nasty.Well, you deserve it when you make unsubstantiated statements like you did.

Of course, you use the racist card far too often.

..and if you continue your bull****, I'll show you what nasty really is.

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Just put him on ignore, he doesn't discuss anything of relevance anyway and it makes the forums a much more enjoyable experience! :up:Yeah, put me on ignore and then all you realistamen (girls actually) can have a circle jerk on how bad the Bills' are.

Ingtar33
10-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Is Wilson really a running QB? Thought he was more a pocket passer but can run

wilson reminds me a LOT of john elway, only with not as strong of an arm, and far more touch then elway did at this point in his career. If he can stay healthy he'll be a hall of famer when it's all said and done. and the racist innuendo in this thread is disgusting.

coastal
10-26-2014, 03:00 PM
You are one sick *** and your ugliness towards non-Whites is your cancer.
It's not his only one.

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 03:00 PM
wilson reminds me a LOT of john elway, only with not as strong of an arm, and far more touch then elway did at this point in his career. If he can stay healthy he'll be a hall of famer when it's all said and done. and the racist innuendo in this thread is disgusting.HaHaHa. Yeah, a third year QB that shows alot of promise is already a HOFer.

Give it a few years, will ya.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Wilson is successful throwing on the run because he's an MLB caliber Second Baseman. He can throw from all arm angles, off balance, or not.

I think he will be a Hall of Famer.

And the racist innuendo was introduced by SpikedDouchbag.

I made this thread about pocket passers vs horribly inaccurate Running Backs masquerading as QBs.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not his only one.

How predictable. The boyfriend jumps in to defend Little Elvis.

swiper
10-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw thread title and avoided clicking so as not to get into a argument with you. LOL.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm out, boys. My work is done here. I ruined Spikey's day.

Bills win!!!

J-E-T-S - THUGS-THUGS-THUGS!

Ingtar33
10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
HaHaHa. Yeah, a third year QB that shows alot of promise is already a HOFer.

Give it a few years, will ya.

i don't say this often. the last time i dubbed a 3rd year qb a surefire hall of famer was "tom brady", and i remember exactly what i wrote around here when i said it. "I hate Brady's guts but i can't deny what i'm seeing, he has the look of a hall of fame quarterback; I have a sick feeling in my stomach that he's going to dominate the AFCE for a decade like Joe Montana dominated the NFCW. We better get used to finishing in 2nd and fighting for wildcard spots because we won't be winning the division as long as he's healthy" Unfortunately its been longer then a decade, and i clearly overestimated the Bills management/competence as we've not even fought for 2nd/wildcards in all those years, but what i said about brady was right. sadly. When i watch wilson i see the same thing i saw when elways was playing in the 80's for the broncos. he's got the same stuff going for him, the same swagger and the same way to make something out of nothing. The way he throws on the run, the way he moves out of the pocket, the way he keeps his eyes downfield even when scrambling, he's got a lot of elway in him (he plays a little like flutie too, but i think that's an insult to wilson, because he's far better now then flutie ever was)

coastal
10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
I saw thread title and avoided clicking so as not to get into a argument with you. LOL.
Slurp slurp, doc.

swiper
10-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Slurp slurp, doc.

Who's here playing the racist card? Seems your circle-jerk partner is. Fact. Play the better player. Sit the inferior one. It's why affirmative action is wrong.

coastal
10-26-2014, 03:14 PM
Who's here playing the racist card? Seems your circle-jerk partner is. Fact. Play the better player. Sit the inferior one. It's why affirmative action is wrong.
No idea what you're talking about.

DynaPaul
10-26-2014, 03:15 PM
I don't care what color they are, mobile QB's are gimmicks 90% of the time and only run because they can't read defenses or get comfortable in the pocket. They also fumble a lot. Look at Tebow for example...

casdhf
He is def. black enough ...

http://02804cf22a6e7b7042d7-acae2c2628dcdf3f1dfc3ee4f6e97624.r48.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/russell-wilson-sports-illustrated-dick-boner-meme.jpg

SpikedLemonade
It's why affirmative action is wrong.

I just don't get it.

Your country was built on stealing human beings from another continent and using them as slaves.

Then once they are no longer serving that purpose you want to get rid of them?

Why the hate?

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 03:18 PM
I just don't get it.

Your country was built on stealing human beings from another continent and using them as slaves.

Why the hate?:rofl:

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 03:19 PM
:rofl:

Just so you know my personal feelings, I hope you don't self identify as being Italian because to me you are just a POS.

swiper
10-26-2014, 03:20 PM
No idea what you're talking about.

Go back t your pot roast. I guess that's how you spend your time while your wife is out making a living stroking strangers. Just seems like an odd set-up.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 03:21 PM
Go back t your pot roast. I guess that's how you spend your time while your wife is out making a living stroking strangers. Just seems like an odd set-up.

More class.

No wife here.

Just Coastal.

Attack the wife.

swiper
I just don't get it.

Why the hate?

Don't put words into my mouth counselor. All I said is give the job to the person who best earned it.

pmoon6
Just so you know my personal feelings, I hope you don't self identify as being Italian because to me you are just a POS.I consider that a compliment coming from a brain dead moron.

swiper
10-26-2014, 03:22 PM
More class.

No wife here.

Just Coastal.

Attack the wife.

It's all on record. And he posts under that account. Cry into your kool aid to someone who cares. You two are starting needless **** again. You're infamous for it.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 03:23 PM
All I said is give the job to the person who best earned it.

Of course, but some how there is nothing a Black QB can do that is seen as a positive by some.

swiper
10-26-2014, 03:24 PM
How many time can Spiked get fed his lunch in one thread?

Seems more than once.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, but some how there is nothing a Black QB can do that is seen as a positive by some.

You mean like Vick running for a first down on a broken pass play?

YardRat
Anybody that thinks 'running QB' has anything at all to do with race is a dumbass. Look up Bobby Douglas, Fran Tarkenton and maybe even Steve Young, because obviously you don't have a ****ing clue who they are or that they even existed.

Get a grip.

swiper
I'm out. I will leave moon to play with you. He seems bullet-proof.

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Of course, but some how there is nothing a Black QB can do that is seen as a positive by some.Warren Moon was/is great, but he didn't run too often.

I like Wilson and E.J Manuel. Hope he uses this time to work on his game.

Oh and I liked James Harris.

Does that save me from the racist gallows?

swiper
10-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Anybody that thinks 'running QB' has anything at all to do with race is a dumbass. Look up Bobby Douglas, Fran Tarkenton and maybe even Steve Young, because obviously you don't have a ****ing clue who they are or that they even existed.

Get a grip.

Just look at who brought up race.

DynaPaul
10-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Tim Tebow

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Just look at who brought up race.

Be honest.

You know Wagons history.

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Just so you know my personal feelings, I hope you don't self identify as being Italian because to me you are just a POS.BTW, you don't look Italian.

You look like a cross between a Floridian and a marsupial.

stuckincincy
10-26-2014, 04:06 PM
wilson reminds me a LOT of john elway, only with not as strong of an arm, and far more touch then elway did at this point in his career. If he can stay healthy he'll be a hall of famer when it's all said and done. and the racist innuendo in this thread is disgusting.

Well, the rules are so much different today. Elway didn't play under circumstances that today gave us a Kyle Orton who was 11 of 17 and 4 touchdowns (!), supported by a 32 for 67 yard, 2.1 ypc running game (!).

:sigh:

pmoon6
10-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Well, the rules are so much different today. Elway didn't play under circumstances that today gave us a Kyle Orton who was 11 of 17 and 4 touchdowns (!), supported by a 32 for 67 yard, 2.1 ypc running game (!).

:sigh:If Marino, Kelly and Elway played in today's game, they all would have in excess of 80,000 career passing yards.

Mr. Pink
10-26-2014, 10:44 PM

:sigh:

Having solid running backs simply does not matter in this league anymore. You just need to run the ball a few times to keep opposing defenses honest. Eventually this point will sink in to everyone.

The point of a running QB is that he's someone who can make something out of nothing when the protection breaks down because his legs allow him to escape and make plays.

feldspar
10-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Be honest.

You know Wagons history.

Look at your own history, Al Sharpton.

You claimed that Ralph Wilson is a racist because you imagine that he wouldn't draft Cam Newton. Nevermind that the Bills didn't even have a chance to draft him if they wanted to. Nevermind that the Bills drafted a black QB in the first round last year, and the backup QB was black as well. Nevermind that the GM is black. You STILL claim that Ralph was a racist, even though that's completely unfounded.

What exactly is wrong with you?

Are you going to accuse me for being a racist if I say I dislike Michael Vick quite a bit?

Anyway, we are talking about running quarterbacks. YOU made the assumption of race...why do you think that is? Does running quarterback = black quarterback in your mind? "Running quarterbacks" just don't work on the NFL level over time. Ask a white guy named Tim Tebow. Russell Wilson can run effectively, but he often runs around and scrambles to set up the pass, just like the mad scrambler Fran Tarkington did. This is a passing league today. They can kill you with it in college, but the NFL is a different beast.

It's only a matter of time before a "running quarterback" gets injured, and they fumble more. It's just not a good formula for success, and cannot be relied on over time. It's an atmosphere of chaos with too many unplanned runs at the QB position.

And, for Christ's sake, spare us all the White Man's Guilt trip. If you really want to talk about what somebody's great-great-great-great grandfather may have done in America, talk to the Confederates down South. Up North, somebody's ancestors are more likely to have been killed trying to free the slaves. And, if for some strange reason, you want to talk about slavery, look at how black people are enslaving other black people in Africa TODAY. Look up those numbers. Are you aware of this?

What I really hate are white cornerbacks. Are you capable of chuckling over this comment?

YardRat
10-27-2014, 05:09 AM
You forgot James Harris.

WagonCircler
11-11-2014, 07:48 AM
Cam Newton. Three INT's. One Fumble. Sacked NINE times.

Yeah. Those running QBs changed everything.

pmoon6
11-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Cam Newton. Three INT's. One Fumble. Sacked NINE times.

Yeah. Those running QBs changed everything.When they start talking about "running QBs'", I think of Staubach and Randall Cunningham.

Roger ran alot in his early career, to Landry's chagrin. It wasn't until he separated his shoulder on a hit by Marlon McKeever of the Rams that he started to tone it down a bit and just moved in the pocket and backfield to make plays. Randalls' best chance to win it all came in Minnesota late in his career where he didn't take off every other play and did the same thing as Staubach.

WagonCircler
11-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Still laughing at Vick. Dumb as a rock.