PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with Hackett

YardRat
10-26-2014, 01:15 PM
The play-calling after the turnovers was atrocious. Run-run-pass, every time, except for the drive start on the one.

This game should be over, except for the obligatory playing out the second half.

I'm done giving this guy any more time to develop or improve, he's holding back this offense just as much as EJ was after the first four games.

Novacane
10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Welcome aboard

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 01:24 PM
He is in way over his head.

Novacane
10-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Orton should audible out of every play call.

YardRat
10-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Drive start inside the 30...run-run-pass. Jesus-****ing-Christ.

WagonCircler
10-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Yup. i'm on the dump Hackett train now too.

YardRat
10-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Drive start inside the 50...run-run-pass.

I think this is the most pissed off I've been this season.

Novacane
10-26-2014, 01:48 PM
It's maddening

YardRat
10-26-2014, 01:54 PM
If that little ****er runs twice in a row again I'm going to break something. Maybe him, if I can hunt him down.

YardRat
10-26-2014, 01:56 PM
God-****ing-dammit. We should have about 50 on the board right now. ****er.

d1220
10-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Wow... Hackett really, really sucks. That was the worst red zone calling I have ever witnessed.

justasportsfan
10-26-2014, 01:57 PM
Are we sure Hackett is making the call or is Marrone telling Hackett to play it safe?

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2014, 01:57 PM
The play-calling after the turnovers was atrocious. Run-run-pass, every time, except for the drive start on the one.

This game should be over, except for the obligatory playing out the second half.

I'm done giving this guy any more time to develop or improve, he's holding back this offense just as much as EJ was after the first four games.
LOL I just posted the exact same thing in another thread.

Novacane
10-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Are we sure Hackett is making the call or is Marrone telling Hackett to play it safe?

If that's the case they both need to go. Go for the win pussies

cookie G
10-26-2014, 02:02 PM
It isn't a matter of experience. Kim Pegula could call a more imaginative running game.

Its a matter of stubborness. He's doing what he thinks is right. And when it doesn't work...he'll blame the OLine or the running backs.

All you had to do was read the article last week, about how he locks himself in the film room and ignores all criticism. And his second statement...telling Spiller "all we want is 3 yards from you"...Those 2 statements are all I had to hear.

He's not going to change. More experience won't help a misplaced ego.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2014, 02:03 PM
Last play of the 3rd quarter, after another turnover:

1st down in the red zone: RUN for 5 yards.

Prediction: 2nd down: run for no gain, 3rd down: incomplete pass, Another FG.

PUT THE ****** GAME AWAY DICKHEAD!!

coastal
10-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Good coaches her criticism and take it to heart.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Chandler TD doesn't excuse Hackett. Still a run run pass.

NEXT OC!

cookie G
10-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Good coaches her criticism and take it to heart.

Of course. And I have a strong feeling that the criticism he's talking about isn't just coming from the fans.

****...even Buddy Ryan might have punched him out.

But its literally impossible to sit in a film room all day and come up with one running play.

Famous Amos
10-26-2014, 02:09 PM
play calling and offensive line is holding this team back.

Novacane
10-26-2014, 02:10 PM
I swear this jerk doesn't have testicles

swiper
10-26-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm done with Hackett

Not one of your more profound statements. It'd be hard to find a Bills fan that doesn't hate his work.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear this jerk doesn't have testicles

LOL

Novacane
10-26-2014, 02:15 PM
What's even more maddening is the interior OL is the weakest spot on this team. Why keep running up behind them? It makes no sense!

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2014, 02:19 PM
The holding call was the best thing that happened to us. Forced us to pass and look what happened. Sammy TD.

casdhf
10-26-2014, 03:03 PM
Are toss sweeps illegal now?

YardRat
10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Not one of your more profound statements. It'd be hard to find a Bills fan that doesn't hate his work.

I usually give young guys and newbies the benefit of the doubt for awhile. Part of the fun for me is watching guys grow, and progress. I don't expect perfection or superlative performance right out of the gate, and I do expect to see mistakes along the way. But, just as EJ pissed away his starter status for this year with two consecutive horrible performances, Hackett has crossed the line with me with this game.

DynaPaul
10-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Has he ever heard of max protect? Orton was getting killed out there.

DesertFox24
10-26-2014, 05:53 PM
You are making assumptions as to the play call. Assuming makes an a$$ out of you and me. Enjoy a road division win guys and 5-3 into the bye

Novacane
10-26-2014, 06:30 PM
You are making assumptions as to the play call. Assuming makes an a$$ out of you and me. Enjoy a road division win guys and 5-3 into the bye

What assumptions? Run up the middle on 1rst and 2nd almost every series in the second half. Are you suggesting Orton audibled into every one of those runs? I highly doubt that. It was dumb conservative play calling by Hackett.

CommissarSpartacus
10-26-2014, 06:41 PM
It isn't a matter of experience. Kim Pegula could call a more imaginative running game.

Its a matter of stubborness. He's doing what he thinks is right. And when it doesn't work...he'll blame the OLine or the running backs.

All you had to do was read the article last week, about how he locks himself in the film room and ignores all criticism. And his second statement...telling Spiller "all we want is 3 yards from you"...Those 2 statements are all I had to hear.

He's not going to change. More experience won't help a misplaced ego.

I didn't know this. Anyone have a link to this story?

I wondered WTF was up with Hackett and his beyond vanilla run game - does he REALLY think he's smarter than everyone else?

We got rid of Tom Clements to go through Steve Fairchild, Turk Schonert, Chan Gailey and now this nobody?

Man, talk about devolution.

YardRat
10-26-2014, 06:46 PM
He better lock his ass up in the film room 24-7 for the next few weeks and learn a little bit about run design and mixing things up. Hell, he's supposed to be such a student of the K-Gun, there's a slew of plays he could lift right out of Marchibroda's playbook that he is apparently completely unaware of.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2014, 06:57 PM
We got rid of Tom Clements to go through Steve Fairchild, Turk Schonert, Chan Gailey and now this nobody?

When you look at Tom Clements' NFL coaching career, it is not only the Bills who have overlooked him.

Crap, it was Levy who fired him when he was GM despite the fact Levy was Clements previous coach in KC when Clements was playing.

Clements was a successful NFL QB Coach for 3 NFL teams over 6 years before he got an opportunity to be a NFL OC.

He became a lawyer after his playing career was over.

He is currently the OC in GB.

My guess is the reason he is not being considered for NFL HC jobs despite his success is because he is an *******.

He can't work with people.

cookie G
10-26-2014, 07:21 PM
I didn't know this. Anyone have a link to this story?

I wondered WTF was up with Hackett and his beyond vanilla run game - does he REALLY think he's smarter than everyone else?

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/nathaniel_hackett_cj_spiller_offensive_coordinator_running_game.html

His, "we don't need to change things, we need to do more of the same things"

"We want to try to simplify it down some and get back to some of the stuff that we did little bit more last year and try to take advantage of some things that our guys do well and keep on attacking those specific things, not getting bored with success, call the same thing a couple times in a row, stuff like that to get those guys a feel," Hackett said. "That's a little bit of what we did last year, so the guys got to get a feel for it. So I just have to do a better job of sticking with that kind of stuff."

The "its not my fault, its the Oline's fault:

"Finishing," Hackett said. "All those guys, we've kind of brought it up to them. We've got a couple young guys there, we've got a couple new guys in new spots, I think them understanding the scheme, finishing and being able to attack instead of just kind of, 'Hey am I doing the right thing? Am I reading this right?'That's one thing to be able to simplify it down and be able to attack that way."

The "I'm smarter than other coaches" line:

"You have to understand what you can and can't do because you don't want to over-think it. That's always a problem that coaches have at times. You start trying to do too much or overreact. I think our job as coaches is to always be that steady flow."

I want CJ to be a fullback, because..well..I like fullbacks:

"Sometimes C.J., he wants to do too much," Hackett said. "We always say ,'See three (yards), get three.' I think that if he can continue to focus on that, he's going to be able to get into his stride again."

This whole "simplify things, simplify things" sounds eeriely like Dick Jauron...who had no business getting near a playbook or advising an OC. For his enitre head coaching career, his offenses were some of the worst in the NFL.

I just read this as a guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, and is out to prove it...as if one day NFL DC's are going to open the middle of the line ...like a parting of the Red Sea.

In the meantime...his running game remains pathetic, and he doesn't have CJ Spiller to blame any more.

Had Spiller not broken ranks last week and bounced it outside for a 53 yard run, this would have been the 6ht consecutive week of the team not rushing for 100 yards.

For a team that professes to establish the runnign game...that's pretty bad.

Figster
10-26-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm done with fickle fans saying they are done with Hackett, lol

BertSquirtgum
10-26-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm done with fickle fans saying they are done with Hackett, lol

Why? We are right. Hackett sucks and he's holding this team back. Anyone who can't admit that is a jerk.

feldspar
10-27-2014, 01:48 AM
In the NFL — especially on offense — it behooves head coaches to stay ahead of the curve and keep their opponents guessing while predictability in play calling is usually universally frowned upon. Against the Jets, the Bills really didn’t seem to care about how predictable they were being. Throughout the game, the Bills ran a sequence of run, run and pass on first, second and third down seven separate times. Of those seven times, five resulted in a fourth down. Another featured a defensive penalty that kept the drive alive, while the final of the seven was a touchdown after the first two runs. The Bills were playing with the lead the whole time, but it reeked of conservatism rather than burying the opponent while they were down. Quite simply, Buffalo was playing not to lose. Who does that fall on? Is it offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett? Is it head coach Doug Marrone? When you analyze both individuals, one should always err to the philosophies of the head coach. In more decisions than just play calling, Marrone has showed that he is one of more conservative head coaches in the NFL. To this point it has not backfired on the head coach, but if any common media member or fan can pick up on their tendencies with a lead, a head coach on a different team will do the same. The Bills were overthinking their approach in the second half to a large degree, mostly because the Jets’ secondary is atrocious and was waiting to be picked apart. The wasted possessions could have burned the Bills, but they got out of MetLife Stadium with the victory.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=435584

ICRockets
10-27-2014, 02:39 AM
We're in a really tough spot, here. On the one hand, you can't fire a coordinator when you're 5-3. On a 2nd hand, if you were going to make a change, doing so with an extra week of practice is the exact right time. So ultimately the best we can do is hope Hackett takes these 2 weeks to grow and evolve and learn. He's a young, completely unseasoned NFL coach. I don't think any of us would disagree that there's a learning curve to Nate's job. If he climbs it fast, then that's obviously ideal. If we come out of the bye and look like a different offense and learn from our mistakes in the first half of the season, great! If not, then we absolutely must move on this offseason. But firing Hackett before then is a virtual lock NOT to happen. Hopefully that doesn't bite us in the ass.

swiper
10-27-2014, 04:36 AM
Even if Marrone wasn't friends with the OC, he would never let the guy go while in the middle of taking a perennial loser to a 5-3 midway record and being on the fringe of a play-off run. Earliest it happens is after the season is over. The best we can hope for is that Marrone takes over the play-calling and that he is better at it than Hackett is.

YardRat
10-27-2014, 04:48 AM
In the NFL — especially on offense — it behooves head coaches to stay ahead of the curve and keep their opponents guessing while predictability in play calling is usually universally frowned upon. Against the Jets, the Bills really didn’t seem to care about how predictable they were being. Throughout the game, the Bills ran a sequence of run, run and pass on first, second and third down seven separate times. Of those seven times, five resulted in a fourth down. Another featured a defensive penalty that kept the drive alive, while the final of the seven was a touchdown after the first two runs. The Bills were playing with the lead the whole time, but it reeked of conservatism rather than burying the opponent while they were down. Quite simply, Buffalo was playing not to lose. Who does that fall on? Is it offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett? Is it head coach Doug Marrone? When you analyze both individuals, one should always err to the philosophies of the head coach. In more decisions than just play calling, Marrone has showed that he is one of more conservative head coaches in the NFL. To this point it has not backfired on the head coach, but if any common media member or fan can pick up on their tendencies with a lead, a head coach on a different team will do the same. The Bills were overthinking their approach in the second half to a large degree, mostly because the Jets’ secondary is atrocious and was waiting to be picked apart. The wasted possessions could have burned the Bills, but they got out of MetLife Stadium with the victory.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=435584

1-The first half was far more frustrating than the second, for me.
2-A conservative approach is one thing, being conservative with a Pop Warner playbook is quite another.
3-I don't expect Hackett to get fired, and I agree with IC's points as to why, but as I stated in another thread they need to spend the next two weeks working on actually making the run game a weapon with a purpose as opposed to just sticking something in there for the sake of handing the ball off.

Historian
10-27-2014, 04:58 AM
At the end of the season we may see a change, but I do not believe anything will happen until then.

And it probably shouldn't.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2014, 06:05 AM
The first half was annoying, I agree. But, the Jets weren't moving the ball, at all. I can see both sides to the argument. Yes, you wanna go for the throat, but you also don't want to risk turning it right back over and giving the Jets any kind of momentum. Keep pinning them deep, especially when you are up multiple scores and your opponent hasn't shown any resemblance of offense.

I'm really not going to complain about much after a 43-23 win.

casdhf
10-27-2014, 06:44 AM
I would like to see Maronne call plays. Same offense. Same coordinator.

Figster
10-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Why? We are right. Hackett sucks and he's holding this team back. Anyone who can't admit that is a jerk.

I was kidding with you guys, opinions are like *******s, everyone has one,

but If you were to ask Kyle Orton If Hackett needs to be fired he would probably laugh at you IMO, and so would D Marrone, Whaley,

or even Pegula...

Figster
10-27-2014, 08:31 AM
The first half was annoying, I agree. But, the Jets weren't moving the ball, at all. I can see both sides to the argument. Yes, you wanna go for the throat, but you also don't want to risk turning it right back over and giving the Jets any kind of momentum. Keep pinning them deep, especially when you are up multiple scores and your opponent hasn't shown any resemblance of offense.

I'm really not going to complain about much after a 43-23 win.

play calling was very calculated IMO

Mahdi
10-27-2014, 08:51 AM
This was not Hackett's decision. It was Marrone.

Marrone knew that 3 points each time they got the ball was enough and he was not going to risk 3 points.

The defense was playing really well and the only way the Jets could get back in the game was through a bad turnover, pick-six, fumble recovery for a TD or something like that.

Even though I hated it I knew it was the right call. That was actually great game management from Marrone to hold his OC back and force him to play for the FGs in the redzone.

Figster
10-27-2014, 08:58 AM

Marrone knew that 3 points each time they got the ball was enough and he was not going to risk 3 points.

The defense was playing really well and the only way the Jets could get back in the game was through a bad turnover, pick-six, fumble recovery for a TD or something like that.

Even though I hated it I knew it was the right call. That was actually great game management from Marrone to hold his OC back and force him to play for the FGs in the redzone.

Good post

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2014, 09:11 AM

When I start seeing the elite teams in this league playing for field goals I'll agree with that type of play calling. Those field goals and those missed opportunities in the Jets zone is what kept them in the game. A fumble, interception or a big play on offense can happen any time and you are playing a dangerous game if you think you can just get away with field goals.

That is why teams like us historically blow big leads in the second half. We play for field goals and field position instead of putting the game out of reach. In the NFL you have to close as soon as you get the chance because things can change on a dime.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2014, 09:19 AM
When I start seeing the elite teams in this league playing for field goals I'll agree with that type of play calling. Those field goals and those missed opportunities in the Jets zone is what kept them in the game. A fumble, interception or a big play on offense can happen any time and you are playing a dangerous game if you think you can just get away with field goals.

That is why teams like us historically blow big leads in the second half. We play for field goals and field position instead of putting the game out of reach. In the NFL you have to close as soon as you get the chance because things can change on a dime.

Kept them in the game? They were in the game for like 5 minutes at the end of the first half, and another 15 during half time.

Maybe if you are down 14-0 instead of up 14-0, you go for TDs and not FGs.

Mahdi

I agree but this is not an elite team at this time and the team we were playing needed a big defensive play to have a chance. Marrone was not about to give their DL an opportunity to make a big play and get back in it.

The FGs were "putting them away" because it increased the amount of scoring possessions needed in order to beat us. That forces them to continue throwing the ball and that works great for us.

If for example we turn the ball over and they return it for a TD it becomes a one score game and they can go back to Chris Ivory and that would be bad.

Situational football was needed. I too was hoping for a fade pass to Watkins on first down but that would have been the wrong choice.

better days

Agreed. The Bills went into the half ahead by only 7 points. After Geno throws 3 picks in a row.

The Bills should have been up by 21 points at the half, not 7.

better days
10-27-2014, 09:21 AM
I agree but this is not an elite team at this time and the team we were playing needed a big defensive play to have a chance. Marrone was not about to give their DL an opportunity to make a big play and get back in it.

The FGs were "putting them away" because it increased the amount of scoring possessions needed in order to beat us. That forces them to continue throwing the ball and that works great for us.

If for example we turn the ball over and they return it for a TD it becomes a one score game and they can go back to Chris Ivory and that would be bad.

Situational football was needed. I too was hoping for a fade pass to Watkins on first down but that would have been the wrong choice.

This would be closer to an elite team with a COMPETENT OC.

Mahdi
10-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Agreed. The Bills went into the half ahead by only 7 points. After Geno throws 3 picks in a row.

The Bills should have been up by 21 points at the half, not 7.

I think Marrone will loosen things up as we get through the schedule but I still like the calls from a coaching standpoint.

Yes we had great field position and should be taking advantage but in Marrone's mind, he took advantage by ensuring we don't make big errors in that part of the field and giving them free points. Instead you play conservative, even if it means punt the ball back to Geno inside the 20 and force him to drive the length of the field mistake free.

If we were playing Brady he would never do that because you risk him taking the ball on a 10 minute 90 yard drive for a TD every time. But in this situation he was playing the probabilities.

better days
10-27-2014, 09:29 AM
I think Marrone will loosen things up as we get through the schedule but I still like the calls from a coaching standpoint.

Yes we had great field position and should be taking advantage but in Marrone's mind, he took advantage by ensuring we don't make big errors in that part of the field and giving them free points. Instead you play conservative, even if it means punt the ball back to Geno inside the 20 and force him to drive the length of the field mistake free.

If we were playing Brady he would never do that because you risk him taking the ball on a 10 minute 90 yard drive for a TD every time. But in this situation he was playing the probabilities.

Marrone is conservative, & I get taking the 3 points on 4th down or punting if out of FG range.

But with a better OC, more TD's would have been scored before we ever got to that 4th down.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Marrone is conservative, & I get taking the 3 points on 4th down or punting if out of FG range.

But with a better OC, more TD's would have been scored before we ever got to that 4th down.

You don't know that.

justasportsfan
10-27-2014, 09:37 AM

like I said, it's not sure if Hackett is being told to be conservative. Hackett wanted to run the no-huddle which the bills ran in the 90's which isn't a conservative offense. I don't know if that was scrapped by Marrone or HAckett.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, while we were being conservative the Pats didn't stop stepping on the Bears' throat even after a huge halftime lead.

better days
10-27-2014, 09:39 AM
You don't know that.

Well, we will never know for sure, but I think most people would agree with BETTER play calling, the Bills would have had fewer 3 & outs & more TD's than they have had with Hackett & his run, run, pass for less than the 10-12 yards needed on 3rd down

BOBM253
10-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I think it's ok to be conservative and run the ball frequently at times but what is maddening is running the same GD play everytime with the samr GD result. Hackett looks like an idiot and I was embarrassed with the repetitive play calling. Fine, if you must keep running, please vary the play call. As others have stated, run some sweeps, pitchouts, reverses or anything including a QB sneak. To me, it feels like we're kneeling down on 1st and 2nd down and leaving a lot of yardage on the field and putting us in a 3rd down hole. MIX IT UP SOME HACKETT, PLEASE BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2014, 10:03 AM
like I said, it's not sure if Hackett is being told to be conservative. Hackett wanted to run the no-huddle which the bills ran in the 90's which isn't a conservative offense. I don't know if that was scrapped by Marrone or HAckett.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, while we were being conservative the Pats didn't stop stepping on the Bears' throat even after a huge halftime lead.

The Bears offense is capable of putting up points. The Jets offense, not so much. Comparing apples to dog poop.

justasportsfan
10-27-2014, 10:25 AM
The Bears offense is capable of putting up points. The Jets offense, not so much. Comparing apples to dog poop.

I wasn't comparing offensive capability but offensive philosophy. From what I've seen, Marrone is conservative while BB will keep scoring on you no matter what.

jimmifli
10-27-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't really have a problem with his playcalling. He seems to have a good sense of when to get aggressive and when to be conservative.

My complaint is his plays. In the NFL you can't tell the opposing team what play you are going to run and still be successful. I had previously given Hackett a pass, arguing that the line was so bad at pulling he was gun shy to try again. But when you aren't getting positive yards running into the OLine anyways, how bad could it be to try some plays were the OLine doesn't just push straight forward?

CommissarSpartacus
10-27-2014, 02:26 PM
I don't really have a problem with his playcalling. He seems to have a good sense of when to get aggressive and when to be conservative.

My complaint is his plays. In the NFL you can't tell the opposing team what play you are going to run and still be successful. I had previously given Hackett a pass, arguing that the line was so bad at pulling he was gun shy to try again. But when you aren't getting positive yards running into the OLine anyways, how bad could it be to try some plays were the OLine doesn't just push straight forward?

That's what has me pulling my hair out too. It's like his basic running play is "you guys on the line block the guy in front of you and the back will run straight ahead between the guards.

I'm not asking for a bunch of trick plays but you only have the ball in your hands so many times in a game so you don't want to waste opportunities. Beating up the other guy is only part of football. Out-thinking him plays at least as big a part. Somehow Hackett thinks he's outsmarting the other guys by consciously trying NOT to be smart.

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2014, 02:54 PM

I see what you are saying but I just can't buy that as just situational football. This team does that kind of stuff all the time, not just when they are trying to protect a sizable lead. I'm not confident they can just turn it on against teams that turn the football over a great deal.

I'm not hating the win, and at the end of the day they won so the strategy worked. I just need to see them start scoring off of this great field position the defense is affording us-- we can afford to miss on a few against weak teams but you might only get one against good teams.

BuffaloRedleg
10-27-2014, 02:55 PM
That's what has me pulling my hair out too. It's like his basic running play is "you guys on the line block the guy in front of you and the back will run straight ahead between the guards.

I'm not asking for a bunch of trick plays but you only have the ball in your hands so many times in a game so you don't want to waste opportunities. Beating up the other guy is only part of football. Out-thinking him plays at least as big a part. Somehow Hackett thinks he's outsmarting the other guys by consciously trying NOT to be smart.

For a guy who is only like 34 year old he calls plays like he is coaching in the 1960s. You'd think a young guy would be creative and bring in some fresh ideas.

CommissarSpartacus
10-27-2014, 03:26 PM
For a guy who is only like 34 year old he calls plays like he is coaching in the 1960s. You'd think a young guy would be creative and bring in some fresh ideas.

I was around for the 60s and Vince Lombardi wasn't as conservative as Hackett.

In 55 years of watching football, I've never seen run, run, pass used as much as Hackett uses it,

jimmifli
10-27-2014, 03:36 PM
I was around for the 60s and Vince Lombardi wasn't as conservative as Hackett.

In 55 years of watching football, I've never seen run, run, pass used as much as Hackett uses it,
Joe Pendry.

Antowain Smith into the ass of a guard, Antowain Smith into the ass of a guard, pass.

CommissarSpartacus
10-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Joe Pendry.

Antowain Smith into the ass of a guard, Antowain Smith into the ass of a guard, pass.

I was gonna mention how Pendry used to try to sabotage Flutie, but figured the Flutie haters would go nuts and derail the discussion.

YardRat
10-27-2014, 04:25 PM

That may have been valid, if the first four turnovers didn't result in punt-punt-1 yd drive for TD-53 yard FG. They weren't even playing for FGs on the first two, only the return by AW put them in the red zone, and Carpenter is good but 53 yards isn't a gimme for anybody...once out of four times they were in the red zone so nobody had any reason to proclaim 'If you're going to give me three points, I'll take them'.