PDA

View Full Version : 5-3 At The Bye - A Salute To The Defense

Night Train
10-26-2014, 04:33 PM
Thank you for playing so well for the most part the first half of 2014.

I understand the water gets deep in the 2nd half of the year but I can't remember the last year watching a D playing so well against both the run and pass.

ServoBillieves
10-26-2014, 04:50 PM
When they showed that all 11 starters (of course, missing The Legend) were healthy at the beginning of the game, I smirked pretty hard.

Doesn't help that our 2 starting running backs are out, but seeing that all 11 starters were healthy for the first time, as well as healthy in week 8 was pretty impressive.

YardRat
10-26-2014, 04:55 PM
3-1 on the road. Defense travels better than offense. I really like the depth that has been put together, and the job Scwartz has done with them.

Ginger Vitis
10-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Felchs favourite website..Football Outsiders which he has a great deal of respect for and reads on a daily basis has the Bills defense ranked 4th in the NFL

YardRat
10-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Loved hearing Gannon heap a bunch of praise on the secondary today.

Mace
10-26-2014, 05:49 PM
Thank you for playing so well for the most part the first half of 2014.

I understand the water gets deep in the 2nd half of the year but I can't remember the last year watching a D playing so well against both the run and pass.

I can go along with this. I've been critical of The Schwartz and don't mind saying I'm looking wrong.

mightysimi
10-26-2014, 06:33 PM

Loved hearing Gannon torching the Jets QB's.

Crisis
10-26-2014, 06:35 PM

He seemed really positive about us today. It's a nice change.

jamze132
10-26-2014, 07:10 PM
We're only going as far as Hackett and our O-line will allow us.

Only as strong as our weakest link...

- - - Updated - - -

We're only going as far as Hackett and our O-line will allow us.

Only as strong as our weakest link...

cookie G
10-26-2014, 07:30 PM
What Schwartz and the defense did today was fantastic...

When Vick comes into the game, he does what he's done his entire career..he messes up a defense with his running ability, especially a hard charging defense with an aggressive pass rush. He finds a crease and kicks off a 20 yard run..and then gets them to play tentative.

The 2nd half...they adjusted and learned to contain him and did what needs to be done to beat Michael Vick...force him to throw from the pocket and let him make his own mistakes.

They didn't panic, they just adjusted.

Luisito23
10-26-2014, 07:33 PM
:salute:

Night Train
10-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Last season we were ranked 20th in PA, I expect that to get worse.

Last season we were ranked 28th in rushing yards allowed, I expect that to stay about the same.

Last season we were ranked 10th in passing yards allowed, I expect that to get significantly worse.

Last season we were ranked 3rd in passer rating against us, I expect that to get significantly worse.

Last season we were ranked 7th in YPA allowed, I expect that to get significantly worse.

Last season we were ranked 1st in completion % allowed, I expect that to get significantly worse.

Last season we were ranked 2nd in sacks and INTs, I expect both of those to get significantly worse.

Last season we were ranked 10th in total yards allowed, I expect that to get significantly worse.

Take a guess who posted this outlook about our Defense in August. :rofl: