PDA

View Full Version : Does Rex Ryan get fired today?

Meathead
10-27-2014, 05:57 AM
quite honestly, i like the new slimmed down version of sexy rexy and i wouldnt mind being the next team to give him his next hc job

but the jets performance yesterday screamed fire the coach. im thinking he doesnt make it thru the day as a nyj employee

bdutton
10-27-2014, 05:59 AM
The Jets would have to be stupid to fire Rex. So, the answer then would be yes. :)

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2014, 06:00 AM
I can't see how they don't. It may not be his fault that he has no QBs, but the franchise needs a scapegoat, and it's always the coach that goes first.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-27-2014, 07:17 AM
I can't see how they don't. It may not be his fault that he has no QBs, but the franchise needs a scapegoat, and it's always the coach that goes first.

well, actually it was the GM that went first. Those are the Jets. lol

Fletch
10-27-2014, 07:21 AM
but the jets performance yesterday screamed fire the coach. im thinking he doesnt make it thru the day as a nyj employee

I completely agree, that was awful. That was one of the strangest games I've seen us play in a long time.

Rex has made it this far though.

THRILLHO
10-27-2014, 07:22 AM
No, he was decisive in getting Geno out of there. If Rex had let Geno stay in longer after that first quarter, he might have been fired.

Fletch
10-27-2014, 07:27 AM
No, he was decisive in getting Geno out of there. If Rex had let Geno stay in longer after that first quarter, he might have been fired.

I don't know, his team runs all over the Patriots for over 200 yards rushing, and starts the game relying on Smith. That doesn't sound like good coaching. OK, sure, they still put up almost 200 yards rushing on us, but they didn't start the game by focusing on the running game which was odd. Thinking that Geno was going to put two good games back to back wasn't very wise.

Historian
10-27-2014, 07:34 AM
I don't see anybody getting canned until the end of the season.

trapezeus
10-27-2014, 07:43 AM
idzik and rex will keep pointing at each other. and idzik, while despised in NY, probably comes out the winner, and gets a chance to rebuild.

if they fire rex, i would love the bills to hire this defensive minded genius as our OC. because that would be an upgrade over whatever hackett is.

Fletch
10-27-2014, 07:43 AM
I don't see anybody getting canned until the end of the season.

I'm not sure I see Rex getting fired at all. Seems strange down there. Maybe he's got something on the owner. lol Either way, he seems pretty secure in his future there.