PDA

View Full Version : Could they Flex the KC Game?

Patrick76777
10-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Currently it's Chicago at Green Bay. Chicago is in free fall. With KC playing the Jets, they could be 5-3 as well. Just wanted to see if I was way off base here?

Ingtar33
10-27-2014, 08:57 AM
it will stay with chicago/gb

thats way too traditional a rivalry to pass up.

Ed
10-27-2014, 12:50 PM
I think all the Sunday night matchups look pretty strong for the rest of the season. I can't see any of them being flexed out of prime time.

stuckincincy
10-27-2014, 12:57 PM
it will stay with chicago/gb

thats way too traditional a rivalry to pass up.

Yep.

trapezeus
10-27-2014, 03:27 PM
even with a crappy chicago team, the tv ratings probably will be stronger with bitter bear fans wanting to watch to just mock the game than it is to have a KC/Buffalo game. If the game is boring, only the two smaller regions will watch, and they want the ratings high.

I think the bills would only get a flexed game if a big market team vs buffalo had playoff implications. because even if it's a done, the big market fans stay watching the game.

only way the KC/Bills game would be flexed is if it was late in the season and the stakes were clear and other teams also were impacted.

Too much risk in midseason for the NFL...just my opinion.

stuckincincy
10-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Currently it's Chicago at Green Bay. Chicago is in free fall. With KC playing the Jets, they could be 5-3 as well. Just wanted to see if I was way off base here?

Flexing it to Thursday, 11/13 and booting the CLE@CIN game would please watchers of CIN. Coach-for-life Marvin Lewis is 6 and 18 in games not played at 1 or 4 pm on Sunday. :kid:

Albany,n.y.
10-27-2014, 05:21 PM

I can't imagine the league ever flexing a team to Sunday night that has to play the following Thursday.

stuckincincy
10-27-2014, 05:34 PM
I can't imagine the league ever flexing a team to Sunday night that has to play the following Thursday.

They do it the other way around. For example, NYJ played Thursday 10/23 at NE then had to play BUF 10/27 after 3 days' rest and a travel morning. Advantage BUF? Duh.
These betting odds for clubs that have to play their next game after this Thursday stuff - never believe them.

BUF's nuts are in for the same crunch...Nov. 9 hosting KC then on to MIA.