PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe IMO

JefftheBillsfan
07-18-2003, 11:42 AM
To say Drew Bledsoe lost us games last year is a little harsh. To say he put the Bills in losing situations seems fair. Even 2 of his generally percieved better games, the home games against NY and Miami, I thouhgt he came out more or less lucky. Both games, I recall some fabulous catches, and a few dropped potential INTs. You know what though, he put us in a position to win the game. That's not good enough wys? See RJ in Titans playoff game.

It's easy to forget some of the games the man flat out out-played everyone else on the field and all-but won us games. Drew still has a canon like arm with at worst, average accuaracy. Yes, he makes some decisions that leave us scratching our collective heads a couple times a game. And yes, he is poised in the pocket, beyond his benefit. He should release the ball better. But again, I'm not sure your in position to argue that point. See RJ, whole career.

Let's look at what else he brings to the table. He has become the true leader, if not the whole team, certainly the offense. He demands respect, and he earns it. Let's realize another thing. Had we gone with Jeff Blake last year, can you honestly tell me you think Takeo Spikes or Sam Adams would be in Buffalo? Or that 4 games are already on the verge of selling out, and August isn't upon us yet?

Is Drew over-rated? Probably. Does he suck? Not a chance. To say that he doesn't have what it takes to win a championship is ridiculous. I guess he just doesn't have what it takes to match Trent Dilfer? Come on. Oh, and I dont believe Trent had someone to throw to like #80.

WG
07-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
It's easy to forget some of the games the man flat out out-played everyone else on the field and all-but won us games.

You wouldn't mind pointing out which games those were, would ya?

I think it's a fair question since you made the statement!

venis2k1
07-19-2003, 07:24 PM
how bout the vikes game?

JefftheBillsfan
07-19-2003, 09:33 PM
i thought he played well against the Broncos as well. To be honest, I have a horrific memory, and can't remember individual games. But at least the Vikes.