PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline looming

Mr. Miyagi
10-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Are we making a move?

Don't be stupid and say we're trading EJ to the Jets. It's not going to happen.

Maybe we can ship out Mike Williams for a bag of cotton candy.

bdutton
10-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Lets see what we can get for Watkins.

Mr. Miyagi
10-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Lets see what we can get for Watkins.
Don't be that guy.

mysticsoto
10-28-2014, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't be against trading Mike Williams for a very decent guard (left or right)!

trapezeus
10-28-2014, 11:06 AM
i've learned from fletch/very wide right that we shouldnt expect much in a trade for watkins. when you remove selective data and compare him to another rookie, he looks awful. every good GM knows that, so we probably would get a scrub.

seriously, i think CJ was the only guy on the block and now that he's out, we won't do anything.

i am rooting for manziel to jets seperately though. that would be amazingly bad for the jets and something they would do.

Ed
10-28-2014, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't be against trading Mike Williams for a very decent guard (left or right)!
I read somewhere that the Titans would probably be willing to trade Andy Levitre for peanuts just to dump his salary, but it's unlikely that another team would want to take on his contract.

I'd be open to a trade for Levitre if they could restructure his deal somehow.

I'd prefer to not trade Mike Williams. I'd much rather just see the team actually use him.

coastal
10-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Maybe the Riaders would trade Gabe Jackson for Cyril

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2014, 11:09 AM
I doubt they make any major moves.

OpIv37
10-28-2014, 11:32 AM
I don't see anything happening.

We can't afford to give up draft picks to get anyone because of the Watkins trade.

The only asset we could really give up without setting ourselves back is Mike Williams, and I'd hesitate even to do that. He hasn't done anything to show he's worth more than the 6th we gave up for him, and Woods got dinged up in the last game so we may need him.

bdutton
10-28-2014, 11:33 AM
OK... looks like my effort at sarcasm was completely missed. For real, I would actually see if we can get anything for CJ. After three years he still can't get the idea that running inside for +2 is better than bouncing outside for -3. He's approaching a contract year and really good running backs can be found in the lower rounds of the draft.

OpIv37
10-28-2014, 11:35 AM
OK... looks like my effort at sarcasm was completely missed. For real, I would actually see if we can get anything for CJ. After three years he still can't get the idea that running inside for +2 is better than bouncing outside for -3. He's approaching a contract year and really good running backs can be found in the lower rounds of the draft.
The problem is that no one is going to make a mid-season trade for a guy on IR. Mid-season trades happen so teams can mitigate injuries, not add to injury woes.

coastal
10-28-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm all for trading for Levitre.

renegotiate his contract in the offseason.

he would stabilize the Oline along with Urbik playing RG. It isn't perfect but it's worked in the past without with the Henderson upgrade.

And sign Ray Rice when he's reinstated and this very well could be more than just a playoff team.

bdutton
10-28-2014, 11:48 AM

he would stabilize the Oline along with Urbik playing RG. It isn't perfect but it's worked in the past without with the Henderson upgrade.

And sign Ray Rice when he's reinstated and this very well could be more than just a playoff team.

Levitre would be an immediate upgrade.

Rice would also be nice to have with our running backs hurt. Not sure about that as a long term move but both moves would help us reach the playoffs.

djjimkelly
10-28-2014, 11:51 AM
i'd call the 49ers about marcus lattimore before trade deadline ends

djjimkelly
10-28-2014, 11:53 AM
I read somewhere that the Titans would probably be willing to trade Andy Levitre for peanuts just to dump his salary, but it's unlikely that another team would want to take on his contract.

I'd be open to a trade for Levitre if they could restructure his deal somehow.

I'd prefer to not trade Mike Williams. I'd much rather just see the team actually use him.

his contract without the bonuses on the books probably isnt that bad

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2014, 11:54 AM
i'd call the 49ers about marcus lattimore before trade deadline ends

Worth a flier for a 7th round pick. I don't know if he'll ever see an NFL field.

Ed
10-28-2014, 12:06 PM
his contract without the bonuses on the books probably isnt that bad
His base salary is $6.5 mil/yr each year through 2017, and $5.8 mil in 2018.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/andy-levitre/

As of right now, he'd be top 5 on the team in 2015 as far as cap hits go.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Probably nothing. Marrone even mentioned yesterday that nothing of note (though he would never spill the beans either if there is something there). He did laugh with "I hope they would tell me" joke and added "it happened before." So I guess in NO or NYJ where he worked before, something of that kind happened to him before.

coastal
10-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Probably nothing. Marrone even mentioned yesterday that nothing of note (though he would never spill the beans either if there is something there). He did laugh with "I hope they would tell me" joke and added "it happened before." So I guess in NO or NYJ where he worked before, something of that kind happened to him before.
Or he doesn't have a good working relationship with Whaley and Brandon... I like Marrone.

coastal
10-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Levitre would be an immediate upgrade.

Rice would also be nice to have with our running backs hurt. Not sure about that as a long term move but both moves would help us reach the playoffs.
it would be interesting that's for sure...

Mace
10-28-2014, 08:04 PM
My occasional co-worker loves his talk radio sports shows, I sure hate them.

Worst I heard, Schopp/Bulldog maybe was to trade Alonso, like you'd have a great chance to trade a guy on IR, and you'd want to because it's not like he was any good before getting damaged, and I told him to turn it off now or I would which wouldn't end well for the radio or him if he tried to stop me from getting to the radio.

It was a good 30 minutes before I finished my spitting frothing frenzy of rage over stupid people educating themselves via stupid people who listen to stupid people coming up with stupid things for the sake of coming up with stupid ideas to feed stupid people embracing stupidity.

In other words, I'd not have traded Alonso and he'd better keep that stupid radio tuned to less stupid stuff and not WYRK after or you're going to be reading about me in the papers and see me grinning in the clips as 14 people try to hold me down just trying to get out of the bus at court.

Mr. Pink
10-28-2014, 08:54 PM

Ray Rice is done, did you see what he did on the field last year?

Scumbag College
10-28-2014, 09:13 PM
A trade right before the deadline in the NFL usually amounts to nothing but wasting draft picks and doesn't make a difference in the playoff chase. The only trade that I saw today is former first round pick Mark Barron traded from the Rams to the Bucs for fourth and sixth round picks next year.

And a tree fell in the woods.

BillsOverDolphins
10-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Would love Ray Rice...and Aaron Hernandez if he gets acquiited

Dr. Who
10-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Well, I'm not sure if that is sarcasm or complete moral collapse. Given your usual take on things, I suppose it's the latter.

Mr. Miyagi
10-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Would you rather have a wife beater or a guy who puts a whooping to his child (I don't consider what AP did child abuse).

I'll take Adrian Peterson all day (no pun intended).

Mr. Miyagi
10-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Would love Ray Rice...and Aaron Hernandez if he gets acquiited
We'll have an all-star felon team.

When is OJ getting out?

BillsOverDolphins
10-29-2014, 08:44 PM
Well, I'm not sure if that is sarcasm or complete moral collapse. Given your usual take on things, I suppose it's the latter.
oh goy, he made a funny!

We'll have an all-star felon team.

When is OJ getting out?

In reality even if he was acquitted he'd never be reinstated. If he was though--that'd be one helluva weapon at TE added to an already dangerous receiving corps