Who do we root for during the bye? Do we actually have to root for Miami?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Who do we root for during the bye? Do we actually have to root for Miami?

I know it's blasphemy, but the Chargers have the tiebreaker over us and we still control our own destiny vs Miami in terms of that. So, a Dolphins win over the Chargers would help us out some. We also need the Jets to beat the Chiefs, so we need some help from the division.

Hopefully the Broncos can take care of the Pats.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Who do we root for during the bye? Do we actually have to root for Miami?

I really want KC to steam roll the Jets. If they lose in their house and then come play us all pissed off, I think it hurts us. The Chiefs still play the Seahawks, Broncos, Charges, Steelers AND the Cardinals.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
      I really want KC to steam roll the Jets. If they lose in their house and then come play us all pissed off, I think it hurts us. The Chiefs still play the Seahawks, Broncos, Charges, Steelers AND the Cardinals.
      I thought this too but then we want KC to have a better record than KC for wild card and if we're any good, we should beat KC whether they are pissed off or not.

Hate to say it but, J-E-T-S
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feldspar
        • Mar 2007

Here is who you gotta root for if you are a Bills fan IMO:

Jacksonville @ Cincinnati
        New York Jets @ Kansas City
        Tampa Bay @ Cleveland
        Philadelphia @ Houston
        Denver @ New England
        Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (I just think that the Ravens are more likely to win the AFC North)

The funny thing is that each one of the teams I'll root for are playing away games, AT their opponent's stadium. Couple of few huge point-spreads in there too.

Good question about the Miami game, though. At this point, I guess you hope for a tie with San Diego. The Chargers may be the better team, so you perhaps root for the Dolphins...but we don't know enough about what will happen in the second half of the season to say for sure. I'm not sure that I can root for Miami in week 9, regardless.
        Last edited by feldspar; 10-28-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Maybe we can just go ahead and win the division.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jry44
            • Apr 2013

Denver. And just kick back and relax....

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Broncos over Pats to keep the division up for grabs. I have no delusions of the Bills competing with the Broncos for the #1 seed.

Jets over Chiefs. I don't think the a Chiefs loss gives them a better chance of winning in Buffalo. If anything it would just make them look more beatable. Since we play the Chiefs though, we can gain a game on them and win the tie-breaker, so this isn't that critical. Plus they have a tough schedule.

Bucs over Browns. Unlikely, but same scenario as with the Chiefs.

Jags over Bengals. Highly unlikely.

Steelers over Ravens. I think the Ravens have an easier schedule and are the better team.

Fins over Chargers. I thought the Chargers were a lock for the #5 seed, but with two losses in the last two weeks we have a legit chance to move ahead of them again and we control our own fate against the Fins since we play again. I wouldn't care if Miami loses this game though.

Giants over Colts. Playoff seeding will matter when we win the division. I'm dreaming big!

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

I'm not rooting for Miami. Can't do it.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Steelers over Ravens. I think the Ravens have an easier schedule and are the better team.
                  This doesn't really make sense.

If the Ravens have an easier schedule and are the better team, then you should root for the Ravens...NOT the Steelers. That is if you think the Ravens will win the division. I think that's more likely that the Steelers winning the division. The AFC North is pretty tight right now...there is the Bengals too, who currently lead. The Bengals actually swept the Ravens already. I still like the Ravens better.

But the Browns even have a winning record right now, so it really is tough to tell what will happen in that division

Whoever ends up winning that division, we want them to roll.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

I'm going to enjoy the day and the extra hour it holds away from football.
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                      This doesn't really make sense.

If the Ravens have an easier schedule and are the better team, then you should root for the Ravens...NOT the Steelers. That is if you think the Ravens will win the division. I think that's more likely that the Steelers winning the division. The AFC North is pretty tight right now...there is the Bengals too, who currently lead. The Bengals actually swept the Ravens already. I still like the Ravens better.

But the Browns even have a winning record right now, so it really is tough to tell what will happen in that division

Whoever ends up winning that division, we want them to roll.
                      I'm still expecting the Bengals to win the North, so I want the Steelers and Ravens to both lose as many games as possible. I think the Steelers have more potential losses than the Ravens after this week, so I think a loss for the Ravens this week improves the Bills chances of finishing ahead of both teams. Who knows how things are going to play out though. If you told me the Bengals are going to lose a bunch of games then I'm all in favor of the Ravens crushing the Steelers and running away with the North.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

I too cannot root for miami unles... UNLESS it is final game of season and if they win it means alot for the Bills. otherwise... i want the fins to always get stomped.

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Root for all AFC players to get the clap...

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

I'm rooting for the Jets (except when we play them) until they fall low enough in the draft not to be a threat to get a franchise QB.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

I don't agree with this idea of the winner of the AFC north division winning out. Let them beat up on each other and put the second seed in the playoffs out there for the winner of our division. Let's play that game in NE the last week for a first round bye and home playoff game.

Comment

Working...
                              X