PDA

View Full Version : Clayton: "No one will run on the Bills"

Romes
07-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Nothing but positives in Claytons remarks about the Bills. Unless of course you don't like GW.

On the defensive in Buffalo: Bills coach Gregg Williams doesn't fear going into the last year of his contract. Why? His defense is so much better than last year, and Drew Bledsoe enters his second season as the Bills quarterback. The key of training camp is making sure no injuries happen to the front seven of the defense. With Sam Adams and Pat Williams at defensive tackle, no one will run on the Bills. Linebackers London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey will be chasing down players all over the field. The defensive players have bought into Williams' scheme. A big season could earn Williams a big contract.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp03/columns/clayton_john/1582492.html

I can't wait to see Adams and Williams holding up blockers and Spikes/Fletcher/Posey flying all over the field making tackles. It will be glorious.

JefftheBillsfan
07-18-2003, 01:13 PM
good deal, i think john is onto something

ublinkwescore
07-18-2003, 01:21 PM
I've got to go show that to a Raiders fan at work.

He doesn't seem to think that we'll do anything this year.

He also isn't aware of the personell we've brought in either.

Stewie
07-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Clayton is a moron, I cant get too excited about anything he says.. Even though I agree wholeheartedly :)

mikemac2001
07-18-2003, 02:13 PM
Everytime i look at myself a cant believe how awesome i am

mikemac2001
07-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Raider Fan is Dumb dont even listen

ublinkwescore
07-19-2003, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I know. I bet him $5 that the Raiders won't be in the playoffs this year.

BillsFever
07-19-2003, 09:35 PM
You always here stories about how much the players like and believe in GW.

He's made a few boneheaded decisons but every coach has. It's obvious the players lay it on the line for him. That tells a ton about a coach.

MDFINFAN
07-19-2003, 11:32 PM
Homers, don't believe the hype, watch Adams closely in the 3rd and 4th quarters..How did Ricky get 97 yards on the Raiders with him in the Middle? and we pass a lot in that game.

Romes
07-20-2003, 12:06 AM
If we hold RW to 97 yards next year Miami won't have a shot at beating us. He had over a hundred more yards than that in the december game and we still won.

ublinkwescore
07-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Ricky could rush for 300 yards against us, and we'd still win - because they've gotta pass the ball sometime, and when they do, we'll pick them off - not because their quarterbacks suck so much, but because our DBs have their WRs #s.

Your guys' WRs can't get any seperation from our DBs that's why we always (even when we stink up the AFC East) give you guys a run for your money.

R. Rich
07-20-2003, 01:30 PM
Adams' health and the conditioning of both Williams and Adams will determine how tough the defense will be against the run. I believe they will be okay and that the run defense will be much better this year.

Michael82
07-20-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Yeah, I know. I bet him $5 that the Raiders won't be in the playoffs this year.

I bet a Raider fan at work, $10 that the Bills will have a better record than the Raiders this season. :snicker: :$: