PDA

View Full Version : 5 Things We Learned About Buffalo Bills in First Half of 2014

Woodman
10-30-2014, 03:22 PM
1. Kyle Orton is a difference-makerThe decision coach Doug Marrone made to bench second-year quarterback EJ Manuel in favor of Kyle Orton has turned the Bills' season around. That may seem like an overstatement, but the Bills were in a delicate place following a rough loss to the Houston Texans. The confidence of the locker room was in the balance when Marrone made the swift decision to change quarterbacks in an effort to turn things around. Orton has been a revelation, and the offense has taken a noticeable step forward in yards per game. Orton has thrown for more than 280 yards in three of his four starts and threw for four touchdowns in the other. If not for his leadership late in games, who knows whether the Bills would be sitting at 5-3 heading into the bye week. Orton deserves credit, but so does Marrone.

More::http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/10/5_things_we_learned_about_buffalo_bills_in_first_half_of_2014.html

Good article!

Night Train
10-30-2014, 03:41 PM
I learned all the 2-14,3-13,4-12 folks who blasted anyone that disagreed with them all spring and summer don't know a damn thing about this football team.

5-3 = FACT

trapezeus
10-30-2014, 04:17 PM
i'm still not convinced running game is going to be an issue vs kc. even with our back ups, i think the north south running will be beneficial against a weaker defense.

chris66
10-30-2014, 05:42 PM
We learned that the bills got smoked by the 2 decent teams they played, skin of the the teeth wins against crappy nfcn teams and 2 quality division wins

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-30-2014, 05:48 PM
We learned that the bills got smoked by the 2 decent teams they played, skin of the the teeth wins against crappy nfcn teams and 2 quality division wins

yea, i agree the 6-2 lions are crappy

OpIv37
10-30-2014, 06:09 PM
I learned all the 2-14,3-13,4-12 folks who blasted anyone that disagreed with them all spring and summer don't know a damn thing about this football team.

5-3 = FACT

To be fair, when people said that we didn't have Orton. EJ was the best QB on the roster and Thad Lewis was the most experienced.

djjimkelly
10-30-2014, 06:11 PM
i'm still not convinced running game is going to be an issue vs kc. even with our back ups, i think the north south running will be beneficial against a weaker defense.

people overlook that even though the jets are 1-7 their front is elite

YardRat
10-30-2014, 08:31 PM
KC is pretty good against the run.

swiper
10-31-2014, 04:20 AM

5-3 = FACT

You're wrong. All those people assumed that EJ Manuel would QB the team throughout the season. That, because the Bills told us the plan. Other NFL teams took exactly three games to figure him out. Without Orton this team wins no more than 3 or 4 games.

YardRat
10-31-2014, 05:29 PM
You're wrong. All those people assumed that EJ Manuel would QB the team throughout the season. That, because the Bills told us the plan. Other NFL teams took exactly three games to figure him out. Without Orton this team wins no more than 3 or 4 games.

If anybody is making a seasonal record prediction based solely on who is playing one position they are a dumbass.

BillsOverDolphins
11-01-2014, 12:34 AM

5-3 = FACT
Dumb.

If anybody is making a seasonal record prediction based solely on who is playing one position they are a dumbass.

Dumber.

As others have stated, the reason for the pessimistic predictions (mine was 6-10) is because we thought that born loser was going to be our QB for most of the year. Yardrat--you are quite possibly the most obtuse m'fer I've ever come across on the internets. How have you been on this earth for so long and not realized that a QB has more impact on a team's performance than any other position in professional sports? Are you really this ***** stupid?

Bunion
11-01-2014, 03:53 AM
KC is pretty good against the run.

KC's D is a solid unit all around. They've smoked New England, Miami and St. Louis. Their largest defeat was opening day to Tennessee, otherwise the haven't lost by more than a TD, and that was to Denver.

They look very well coached/schemed. I'm glad we get them off a Bye.