PDA

View Full Version : If Orton gets injured...

CommissarSpartacus
10-30-2014, 03:31 PM
God forbid, but if Orton got knocked out of the KC game in the first quarter and EJ came in the game and threw for 2 tds and 250 yds and looked great in a Bills win, would you start him again the next week even if Orton had fully recovered from his boo boo?

If that's not enough 3 tds and 350 yds? 4 tds and 450 yds?

Or would you put Orton back in no matter how great EJ played?

sudzy
10-30-2014, 03:33 PM

Yes

trapezeus
10-30-2014, 04:15 PM
yep... if you buy that they are trying to groom EJ and teach him. even if he has a good game, long term, he's better of sitting the bench for the remainder of the year.

feldspar
10-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Bring in Holcomb.

Ed
10-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Play both at the same time or alternate series.

JohnnyGold
10-30-2014, 04:51 PM
The Bills have pegged Orton as a starter, and the results have been fantastic.

EJ performing well in spot duty like that would be the BEST possible scenario for the Bills, and would NOT mean EJ should start going forward. It would simply be a referendum on him "learning" from the bench, and would serve to reaffirm that he has the talent to be a top level quarterback, and just needs more grooming.

In actuality, I would feel 10x better if EJ somehow got a start at some point this season... say we were locked into the 5 seed... like Rob Johnson against the Colts... I want to see if he has learned anything, and can play a little more "free" now. Can't believe I'm about to say this, but the Bills QB situation looks about as healthy as it has since Kelly was backed up by Reich.

I hope... nay, I PRAY... that Whaley can handle this situation with the utmost care. Because we are sitting pretty. A veteran QB who EJ can learn from, and EJ Manuel as a backup. A guy that can come in, look good, and potentially net us a super high draft pick in 2-3 years.

I said it the second we plugged Orton in, and stand by it: this season has championship potential. Our 3-1 record, steady offense, dominant defense, and flawless special teams since the switch have done nothing to dissuade me from that notion. We might not win the division, but defense travels, and we look like the 2007 Giants. I would not want to be the Bengals, and hosting this Bills team in round 1.

I would not want to be the Patriots, and playing this Bills defense for a THIRD time in round 2.

And I would not want to be the old, cold Peyton Manning, staring down the teeth of our defense in a blizzard to get to the Super Bowl in Denver in round 3.

We have the defense, the matchups, and the story line to have a Cinderella season.

I just wish guys like Fletch would stop trying to prove a point, and just enjoy the ride. If there was ever a season to sit back and enjoy the ride, this is it. If the Bills win the Super Bowl this year, do you really want to be the guy who spent 17 weeks, 4 rounds of the playoffs, and countless hours of your free times trying to poke holes in the championship balloon?

Is it crazy? IDK, you tell me. It's 2014: in the NFL, the objective is MAKE THE TOURNAMENT. After that, it's anyone's game.

Right now, we'd be in.

LETS GO BILLS.

swiper
10-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Somehow WE ALL KNOW that the original poster is trying to bait us and turn this into another in a long line of JP Losman threads.

feldspar
10-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Somehow WE ALL KNOW that the original poster is trying to bait us and turn this into another in a long line of JP Losman threads.

Truth.

Yasgur's Farm
10-30-2014, 06:47 PM
NOOOO!!... Skooby owes me $50K if EJ doesn't miss a game due to injury. Let him stay on the bench please.

YardRat
10-30-2014, 08:16 PM
I think the relationship, respect and expectations that Orton has developed with the team in such a short period of time would negate that as a possibility. These guys on both sides of the ball believe in Orton right now a lot more than they believe in EJ and one game isn't going to change that.

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2014, 08:24 PM
There is no such IF. No way it happens.

Tell you what, IF he gets to 7 tds and 700 yards then I promise to immediately put him in the hall of fame. Sounds fair?

jimmifli
10-30-2014, 08:43 PM

JP Losman is the content not the lesson.

This is the lesson:

I think the relationship, respect and expectations that Orton has developed with the team in such a short period of time would negate that as a possibility. These guys on both sides of the ball believe in Orton right now a lot more than they believe in EJ and one game isn't going to change that.

Go back to EJ and the team would quit. Like they did the last time (and every time before that) an unworthy QB was handed the starting job.

BillsOverDolphins
10-30-2014, 09:45 PM
Good responses in this thread so far. EJ plays neutered and would kill the team's motivation. He's just a black hole.

swiper
10-31-2014, 04:15 AM
JP Losman is the content not the lesson.

This is the lesson:

Go back to EJ and the team would quit. Like they did the last time (and every time before that) an unworthy QB was handed the starting job.

Spartacus, is that you?

sukie
10-31-2014, 06:33 AM
NOOOO!!... Skooby owes me $50K if EJ doesn't miss a game due to injury. Let him stay on the bench please.
Does a s[linter in the left butt cheek count as an injury?

justasportsfan
10-31-2014, 06:41 AM
God forbid, but if Orton got knocked out of the KC game in the first quarter and EJ came in the game and threw for 2 tds and 250 yds and looked great in a Bills win, would you start him again the next week even if Orton had fully recovered from his boo boo?

Bring back JP LOSMAN!!!!!!

The Doc
10-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Ridiculous. EJ's not throwing for 300 yards and multiple TDs. He had ample amount of opportunity to show he was capable of such feats and he didn't. EJ was mediocre in college, FSU was happy to have Winston in place of EJ, and EJ is not an NFL QB. Orton always has been an NFL QB. Those that look at his stats and say 'no, he used to suck' lack what's called critical thinking. Orton showed promise early on and has produced when he's had a solid team around him. Orton is our QB and EJ is a class act but he's not a QB.

CommissarSpartacus
10-31-2014, 11:23 AM
EJ could very easily hit a couple of fly patterns to Sammy and wind up with a couple of tds and 250 yds. Not at all out of the realm, of possibility. Don't forget, EJ was the starter for 2 of the Bills 5 wins, and let's face it, was drafted in the first round to be the qb of the future. If you don't think Orton can take us to a SB and EJ has a game where he looks like he gets it, why wouldn't you give the kid a couple of more games to see him do his thing?

yordad
10-31-2014, 11:29 AM
EJ could very easily hit a couple of fly patterns to Sammy and wind up with a couple of tds and 250 yds. Not at all out of the realm, of possibility. Don't forget, EJ was the starter for 2 of the Bills 5 wins, and let's face it, was drafted in the first round to be the qb of the future. If you don't think Orton can take us to a SB and EJ has a game where he looks like he gets it, why wouldn't you give the kid a couple of more games to see him do his thing?Fine, if EJ throws for 400 yards and 2+TDs in a romping win vs a god defense then... sure. He can start til we lose again or he proves he is constant enough to be the better QB.

Now is this just conversation, or is there some wierd point I have yet to grasp again?

The Doc
10-31-2014, 12:11 PM
EJ could very easily hit a couple of fly patterns to Sammy and wind up with a couple of tds and 250 yds. Not at all out of the realm, of possibility. Don't forget, EJ was the starter for 2 of the Bills 5 wins, and let's face it, was drafted in the first round to be the qb of the future. If you don't think Orton can take us to a SB and EJ has a game where he looks like he gets it, why wouldn't you give the kid a couple of more games to see him do his thing?

Yep...you're not good with football either...

CommissarSpartacus
10-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Fine, if EJ throws for 400 yards and 2+TDs in a romping win vs a god defense then... sure.

Thank you for the admission...

CommissarSpartacus
10-31-2014, 01:22 PM
Yep...you're not good with football either...

I have to give you props for not being afraid to look stupid.

We need more of those, the board has enough smart people as it is...

The Doc
10-31-2014, 03:02 PM
I have to give you props for not being afraid to look stupid.

We need more of those, the board has enough smart people as it is...

Me look stupid? You're the one writing 'what if' scenarios that involve EJ playing well. Who's being ridiculous here?

ublinkwescore
10-31-2014, 03:35 PM
what in the hell are you smoking son?

Mr. Pink
10-31-2014, 03:36 PM
If Orton gets hurt the season is over.

swiper
10-31-2014, 04:57 PM

To answer your question in a straightforward manner, Manuel hasn't shown any inkling that "he gets it" and, moreover, NFL defenses showed you that they figured him out. It took only 3 games. Everyone in the league now has a book on how to rattle and destroy FSU boy.

sudzy
11-01-2014, 06:08 AM
Play both at the same time or alternate series.

Like Buddy Ryan playing Ron Jaworskion 1st and 2nd down then binging in Randell Cunningham in on 3rd down? This is why Rex is clueless about anything on the offensive side of the ball.

CommissarSpartacus
11-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Me look stupid? You're the one writing 'what if' scenarios that involve EJ playing well. Who's being ridiculous here?

It's ridiculous to think that EJ will never play well? Is it really that bad? Even Losman had some good games. Is EJ worse than Losman?

swiper
11-01-2014, 04:29 PM
It's ridiculous to think that EJ will never play well? Is it really that bad? Even Losman had some good games. Is EJ worse than Losman?

Stop baiting people.

sudzy
11-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Is it really that bad? Even Losman had some good games. Is EJ worse than Losman?

Really setting the bar high here, aren't we? Your kind of shooting down your own argument.

CommissarSpartacus
11-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Stop baiting people.

It's not my problem if people can't control themselves.

Baiting accusations are just a variation of playing the victim card.

"Mommy, mommy, Billy is saying things to me that make me MAD! Why does he want to hurt me like that?"

CommissarSpartacus
11-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Really setting the bar high here, aren't we? Your kind of shooting down your own argument.

I don't believe I've made an argument in this thread yet, as in terms of here's what I believe.

I'm just wondering how people can say it's ridiculous to think that EJ will ever having a good game again.

Mr. Pink
11-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Yes.

YardRat
11-02-2014, 01:59 PM
EJ's two main issues are trusting what he sees and stepping into his throws...neither are uncorrectable.

BertSquirtgum
11-02-2014, 02:53 PM

No