PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo with Staph infection..

BidsJr
10-31-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article3485154.html :sad::sad:

Figster
10-31-2014, 10:59 AM
damn, doesn't sound like JK's doing very well

RedEyE
10-31-2014, 12:17 PM
Man. MRSA?! That's not good news. The guy is being fed antibiotics 3x a day intravenously.

BillsImpossible
10-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Man. MRSA?! That's not good news. The guy is being fed antibiotics 3x a day intravenously.

Jim Kelly beat the cancer, and he's going to beat MRSA too.

MRSA is quite common in hospitals these days.

The NFL has had its own issues with MRSA.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23267780/report-buccaneers-dealing-with-mrsa-outbreak

imbondz
10-31-2014, 07:13 PM
He was already one of my favorite athletes but damn he's been through a lot. I respect him a ton. Would live to meet him and shake his hand.

better days
11-01-2014, 07:50 AM
Jim Kelly is an inspiration to all.

I just pray he gets to fulfill his desire to walk his daughters down the aisle on their wedding day.

Don't Panic
11-01-2014, 08:38 AM
MRSA is really common, and definitely treatable. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from him lately... sending good vibes your way, Jimbo.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Crap

Meathead
11-01-2014, 07:41 PM
not good

my understanding is that mrsa has three basic forms: in mucous membranes; in the blood; and in the bones. the first is usually easily treatable with oral antibiotics, the second usually responds well to intravenous antibiotics, and the third is the toughest. all can kill you but they are very different levels of serious complication risk

40% of the population carries mrsa in their sinuses but is unaffected, they are essentially carriers. common pneumonia and chlamydia strains are found in our sinuses as well. they usually dont enter the bloodstream

mrsa in the blood is more serious and needs to be addressed or it usually will kill you eventually. you dont usually die from treated mrsa blood infections unless you are already compromised. so like pneumonia it does actually kill a good amount of ppl with one foot in the gurney. which is also why you can easily pick it up during a stay in a hospital, which is what happened to my mom once and she had to do the home iv treatment

idk much about bone mrsa specifically but since all other infections are much tougher to get at inside bone it likely only makes treatment resistance more dangerous. never heard of this shaving bone but wild guess thats probably to give access to antibiotics

another battle for jimbo. poor guy. you just knew he had more coming but mrsa is always a wild card when you spend a lot of time around hospitals

Buckets
11-02-2014, 08:36 AM
He appeared before the Miami Hurricanes game yesterday and received an award, he looked pretty healthy and the news mentioned nothing about any infection.

HHURRICANE
11-02-2014, 10:29 AM
I think the fact that he has pain in his jaw again and needs another MRI is probably more concerning....