PDA

View Full Version : Does Ted Nolan Want to be Fired?

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2014, 08:29 AM
His comments seem more and more aggressive towards the players.

Management wants to tank.

Nolan clearly doesn't.

Didn't he get the memo?

He waited this long to get back into the NHL and the Sabres were the only team that would hire him since they had the tank as their mission.

I wonder if he finally has clued in that he is the pansy in this plan and that he won't be coaching in the NHL ever again after this season.

So he wants to go out swinging and on his own terms.

Perhaps he will **** one of the player's (or the owner?) wives on his way out which was what got him banned in the first place?

YardRat
11-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Might have had a good shot at a Cup if he wasn't such an ******* the first time around.

DetDannyWilliams
11-02-2014, 09:55 AM
he signed a three- yr. contract!

http://news.yahoo.com/sabres-sticking-nolan-signs-3-deal-203317138--spt.html

DetDannyWilliams
11-02-2014, 10:19 AM
This isn't the first time that Nolan aquired a bad Sabres team the 1995 in Nolan's first season as head coach of the Sabres and (last season of playing in the Aud) the Sabres finsished 33-42-7 = 72 pts. Sabres were 19-17-5 at the Aud and on the road the Sabres were 14-25-2 GF were 247 and GA 262 and finished 5th in the division The next season (the first year of then Marine Midland Arena) and we all know what happened that season The Sabres won their first Northeast Division title and first division title in 16 years and would go on to beat the Senators in the 1996 playoffs in 7 games as Derek Plante would score the GW goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QekOFHFThc

rbochan
11-02-2014, 10:41 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s1600/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

gebobs
11-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Perhaps he will **** one of the player's (or the owner?) wives on his way out which was what got him banned in the first place?

/sarcasm on/

Sounds like you really want to honestly engage Sabres fans.

/sarcasm off/

Troll.

Dr. Lecter
11-04-2014, 10:49 AM
This isn't the first time that Nolan aquired a bad Sabres team the 1995 in Nolan's first season as head coach of the Sabres and (last season of playing in the Aud) the Sabres finsished 33-42-7 = 72 pts. Sabres were 19-17-5 at the Aud and on the road the Sabres were 14-25-2 GF were 247 and GA 262 and finished 5th in the division The next season (the first year of then Marine Midland Arena) and we all know what happened that season The Sabres won their first Northeast Division title and first division title in 16 years and would go on to beat the Senators in the 1996 playoffs in 7 games as Derek Plante would score the GW goal.

yep. A #2 seed beat a #7 seed in OT of game 7 because the goalie let in a very soft goal. yay for Ted.

He's a crap coach. I sure as hell do not want him around McDavid or Eichel. He will do nothing to help either and will only hold them back

chernobylwraiths
11-04-2014, 11:10 AM
yep. A #2 seed beat a #7 seed in OT of game 7 because the goalie let in a very soft goal. yay for Ted.

He's a crap coach. I sure as hell do not want him around McDavid or Eichel. He will do nothing to help either and will only hold them back

did you conveniently forget about the all world goalie basically quitting midway through the series?

JATMtheJATM
11-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Any good candidates out there to coach?

Jeff blashill?

Mace
11-08-2014, 06:54 PM
They just don't look like a Nolan team to me. I mean the guy is not Scotty Bowman, but this is seeming ridiculous. I'm not really sure who to blame, still think they'll have a great team in a couple years, don't understand why it will take that long to be competent, can't really believe they are tanking, but have trouble believing they aren't.

I mean Nolan did better with Latvia and I find it hard to believe he speaks fluent Latvian.

He'd go down swinging no doubt, but I still don't know who you blame for this besides Ted Black after booting Ruff, Regier and LaFontaine.

If they are purposefully tanking they've already gutted themselves. I love that Pegula bought the Bills, and sort of see a Sabres plan with Murray, who is also not a tanker, but as much as I like Pegula, I'd have to blame him on this. Something is not working here, they can at least be a competitive bad team.

The pattern says we'll get McDavid or Eichel and put them on the 4th line with Kaleta and some other slow skating pug to pack some scoring oomph into a physical line that can't pass or shoot, but hits people while someone (imagine who) skates around artfully unable to do anything.

They are still trying to be a mucker/grinder team full of skaters, or a skating team of muckers and grinders and they just need to stop the decade of flopping around with it already.

They're aggravating me again already and I only just started trying to like them fresh from last year after they made me hate them in 2008. Freaking fire someone, this is unacceptable, not Murray or Nolan, they seem to be trying. Toss Black the hell out of there and hire a hockey guy, not a business executive ?

trapezeus
11-10-2014, 04:35 PM
i think everyone knows he has nothing to work with. and the best pieces right now, are not going to be on the team in 2-3 years. the guys who buy into what he's selling are going to take us places. and those who don't will be replaced with better talent.

the painful part of this is that we can't be getting FA and vets because the core needs to identify itself and step up over the course of 2 years.

SpikedLemonade
01-15-2015, 08:11 PM
Time to put Nolan out of his misery.