X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyGold
    • Dec 2008

The Buffalo Bills are going to win the Super Bowl this year

I have been saying this in every thread since Orton took over the starting job--nay, since we SIGNED Orton.
    I firmly believe it, and I can't be the only one.

I will expand on this as the thread goes on, but I wanted to put it out there so this dialogue can begin in earnest:

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Is there a single Bills fan out there right now, who is optimistic that THIS Bills team can win the Super Bowl THIS year, and we're in the middle of a fairy tale season that shouldn't be squandered away arguing over the merits of the Watkins pick, or the "vanilla" play calling of Hackett?

Stand up and be counted!
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: The Buffalo Bills are going to win the Super Bowl this year

After the next 4 games, I suspect you will no longer feel this way.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

You know how bad it's been for 14 years when someone thinks 5-3 is a fairytale season

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

I think there is still plenty of regular season left to be played, and the Bills are still very much alive, and much of that is owed to Orton, Watkins, and a very good defense. Lets see how we play Denver and New England on the road... if we can win one of those, I will become very confident.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there is still plenty of regular season left to be played, and the Bills are still very much alive, and much of that is owed to Orton, Watkins, and a very good defense. Lets see how we play Denver and New England on the road... if we can win one of those, I will become very confident.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• JohnnyGold
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
          I suspect that the feeling will be strengthened.

When I look at the top teams in the AFC (and I'm talking likely division winners), I think we match up well against all of them.

Denver: If we play them here or there, weather could be a factor--Although he picked apart the Patriots in the playoffs last year, the Pats D was bad. The Chargers gave the Broncos a run for their money in the playoffs. The Broncos are only 6-2, it's not like they're not losing 25% of their games.

Bengals: Dalton folds in the playoffs, our D could shut them down.

Colts: Luck is tearing it up, but again, another team that folds in the playoffs. Just as many questions as us.

Patriots: If we play them in the playoffs, it would be for the THIRD time... I don't care what anyone says, a third game against a team in one season is a 50/50 bet. Law of averages alone in that one dictates it could go either way.

Also, take note of each of those top 4 teams: they are all built on the passing game, just like us. So defense carries the day, and I like ours vs anyone in the league right now.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

This team's chances of winning the SB are slim to none. We'd have to go 6-2 over the next 8 games with no more than 1 more AFC loss to get a wild card, and even that wouldn't be guananteed.

If we do make the playoffs, we'd have to win 3 road playoff games just to get to the SB. And this would be with a team that has virtually no playoff experience. Orton, Corey Graham, Brandon Spikes and I think Mario Williams have been to the playoffs- I'm pretty sure that's it. It's a tall order for anyone to win 3 road playoff games and one neutral site game, let alone a team with almost zero playoff experience.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• chris66
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              You know how bad it's been for 14 years when someone thinks 5-3 is a fairytale season
              It kind of is for the Bills

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

go count your Halloween candy.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Dunno if the OP is being sarcastic or not.

But I like the Bills being in contention right now. At least they are currently in position, and the next game means something.

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

After the past 14 years, quite frankly, I'd be happy that if I can sit down to my Thanksgiving dinner knowing that the Bills control their own destiny, as opposed to them having to have 10-15 different variables all playing out in unison in order to remain in the Wild Card discussion.

I still think that they needed 10 wins by December... Unfortunately, that's no longer possible, although all of the November games certainly are winnable.

-Bill

Comment

• chris66
                      • Sep 2006

Bills can afford to lose 3 games as long as one of the losses is GB. if they lose 3 conference games they will lose the tiebreakers with 6 conference losses

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        This team's chances of winning the SB are slim to none. We'd have to go 6-2 over the next 8 games with no more than 1 more AFC loss to get a wild card, and even that wouldn't be guananteed.

If we do make the playoffs, we'd have to win 3 road playoff games just to get to the SB. And this would be with a team that has virtually no playoff experience. Orton, Corey Graham, Brandon Spikes and I think Mario Williams have been to the playoffs- I'm pretty sure that's it. It's a tall order for anyone to win 3 road playoff games and one neutral site game, let alone a team with almost zero playoff experience.
                        I agree with your second paragraph. But I disagree that 11-5 isn't a guarateed wild card. With the amount of divisonal games each of the top 10 teams in the AFC still have to play, not to mention how many AFC games in general each has to play. Out of these ten (NE, BUF, MIA, PIT, BAL, CIN,CLE, DEN, KC, SD.) I find it hard to believe 7 of them will make it to 11 wins and there by screwing one deserving 11-5 team out of the playoffs. Perhaps it's truly possible. But to my knowledge an 11-5 team has never been screwed like that.
                        Last edited by CoolBreeze; 11-03-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

The Bills need Fred Jackson on the field and healthy ...

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                            Victimizing The Victimizer
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                            LSD only last a few hours, I'm sure his feelings already changed..

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

L
                              Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
                              I agree with your second paragraph. But I disagree that 11-5 isn't a guarateed wild card. With the amount of divisonal games each of the top 10 teams in the AFC still have to play, not to mention how many AFC games in general each has to play. Out of these ten (NE, BUF, MIA, PIT, BAL, CIN,CLE, DEN, KC, SD.) I find it hard to believe 7 of them will make it to 11 wins and there by screwing one deserving 11-5 team out of the playoffs. Perhaps it's truly possible. But to my knowledge an 11-5 team has never been screwed like that.
                              The Pats missed the playoffs at 11-5 the year Brady got hurt, but I don't believe there were as many teams in the wild card hunt that year, so you could be right.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X