PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know the Orton QB switch was that quick a decision ...

ghz in pittsburgh
11-03-2014, 01:38 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20141005-report-kyle-orton-s-relationship-with-tony-romo-was-untenable.ece

Said Rappoport: "Marrone made the decision to replace EJ Manuel with Orton in the locker room after the game, solidified it on the flight back. That's how fast it was. Checked with some of the team's veterans, got no pushback. Mainly because the talented skill position guys 'welcome' a new quarterback."

Really? Right after the Texans game in the locker room? How come no one got the wind of QB change until Monday if it was announced to 53 players and all the coaches, trainers etc.?

feldspar
11-03-2014, 01:45 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20141005-report-kyle-orton-s-relationship-with-tony-romo-was-untenable.ece

Said Rappoport: "Marrone made the decision to replace EJ Manuel with Orton in the locker room after the game, solidified it on the flight back. That's how fast it was. Checked with some of the team's veterans, got no pushback. Mainly because the talented skill position guys 'welcome' a new quarterback."

Really? Right after the Texans game in the locker room? How come no one got the wind of QB change until Monday if it was announced to 53 players and all the coaches, trainers etc.?

I don't understand what your issue is with this.

You wanted them to immediately tip their hand to the public? Why would you expect that?

THATHURMANATOR
11-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Yeah who cares?

YardRat
11-03-2014, 04:29 PM
I think this was reported the week it happened. I remember seeing it before.

trapezeus
11-03-2014, 04:37 PM
the fact orton didn't get along with romo, makes me like orton even more.

Goobylal
11-03-2014, 04:38 PM
He should have also replaced the Hackett.

BillsImpossible
11-03-2014, 05:55 PM
He should have also replaced the Hackett.

Hackett wasn't throwing the ball.

Goobylal
11-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Hackett wasn't throwing the ball.
No, he was the moron calling for twice as many passing plays as running plays when a) the running game was averaging over 4 YPC and b) EJ was getting shellacked and the WR's were dropping balls.

Meathead
11-03-2014, 11:57 PM
i wonder if marrone would have been so quick to make the switch if he had realized at the time that it is so difficult to find anything to rhyme with orton

TacklingDummy
11-04-2014, 06:04 AM
The decision to replace EJ was made while watching his terrible preseason.

That's why Orton was signed.

sukie
11-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Another black QB failure... What does Rush think?

IlluminatusUIUC
11-04-2014, 06:57 AM
If anything, the switch wasn't quick enough.

DesertFox24
11-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Does this even matter anymore.

Orton is 31 soon to be 32 and could conceivably be our starting QB for the next 6 seasons. There is no reason he could not, he does not have the wear and tear of Brees, Manning, or Brady and from a physical standpoint they are doing fine.

I am not saying Orton is as good I am merily describing the so called decline of over 35 QBs is now a thing of the past.

If Orton gets us to 9 wins or better playoffs or not buffalo better renegotiate his contract or come up with something to ensure he is the guy next year.

I would rather he prove it the rest of this season and half of next before giving him Alex Smith money, but we might not have that luxury.

yordad
11-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Really? Right after the Texans game in the locker room? How come no one got the wind of QB change until Monday if it was announced to 53 players and all the coaches, trainers etc.?Where does it say it was announced to 53 players and coaches? It simply says he made a decision.

The Doc
11-04-2014, 09:17 PM
EJs a nice guy. That is it. He's a crap QB and Orton isn't.

swiper
11-05-2014, 04:46 AM
EJs a nice guy. That is it. He's a crap QB and Orton isn't.

Who cares if he's nice? He's taking up a valuable spot on the roster. Let's give it to a player that matters.

better days
11-05-2014, 08:14 AM
Who cares if he's nice? He's taking up a valuable spot on the roster. Let's give it to a player that matters.

EJ won two games before he was benched.

If he is never a starter again, EJ is the best back up the Bills could have at least this year & probably in the future as well.