X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFanCupp38
    • Mar 2004

Buffalo is not that good...

There is nothing special about this team. Same ole same ole. Mostly my beef is with the coaching (head coach and offensive staff) and the quarterback. Orton is an average QB to slightly above average. An Andy Dalton type guys. Numbers don't tell the whole story. I don't mean to hate on my team because I love them. I'm just a realist and can see the writing on the wall. I am willing to bet all my zones bucks, which is not much, that buffalo loses the next two games. This team is going no where with out an good offensive mind and an elite qb.
    Jeremy Cupp
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Buffalo is not that good...

Are they a SB contender? No. Are they a playoff contender, especially as Orton gets more comfortable and limits the damage done by Hackett? Definitely.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38 View Post
      There is nothing special about this team. Same ole same ole. Mostly my beef is with the coaching (head coach and offensive staff) and the quarterback. Orton is an average QB to slightly above average. An Andy Dalton type guys. Numbers don't tell the whole story. I don't mean to hate on my team because I love them. I'm just a realist and can see the writing on the wall. I am willing to bet all my zones bucks, which is not much, that buffalo loses the next two games. This team is going no where with out an good offensive mind and an elite qb.
      Op? Why did you change your name?

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

The Bills won three games on the last play of the game or second to last play of the game. They have a winning record halfway through the season and should be playing football that matters after Thanksgiving. The Detroit and Minnesota games were as exciting endings as you can want with the good guys winning in the end. For a fan, we should care about the team being entertaining and winning. Why not just enjoy it?
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Its hard not to be a pessimist with nearly 15 years of futility in our rear view mirror. especially since we've had 5-3 records before.

I'm much more interested in these next 4 games.
          if we can sweep them i'd say we're a lock for the playoffs. if we go 3-1 i'd say we'd need a lot of luck and a very lucky win against one of the 3 better teams in the league in the last 4. if we go 2-2 or worse we can pack it in for the season. This season will be decided in the next 4 games. we'll get to find out if we're legit or not.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

Plenty of special things about this team.

Defense is playing out of its mind. Run D in particular.

Kyle Orton is a competent QB who's given the team a boost and is upholding his end of the bargain to help win games (DET/MIN were clutch as hell). He's bringing much needed stability to the position.

Sammy Watkins is a phenom. When he gets targets, we generally win. And he's maybe on pace to be only the 13th WR since the merger to get 1,000 yards.

Henderson and Brown look like absolute steals.

We're not one of the elites in the AFC but this team has a fighting chance at a wild card.

That alone makes this season special. We don't get meaningful football later in the year very often.

Remember, 14 year playoff drought. Enjoy the small stuff while you can. Right now, the Bills have a promising product on the field.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

I think we'll get by KC but Miami beats is in prime time in their house. IF we do beat KC, the Miami game becomes almost a playoff game for both teams since neither are catching NE.

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

There really isn't anything special about this team besides maybe, "MAYBE" a special defense, and a special year of magic from an "Orton" who was never thought to be so special but never really was so bad. I don't know how that plays out but don't think it will be terrible.

I'll go on record as saying I never believed the awesome "90"'s Bills teams were all that first couple years, even when they were. I can't compare this team to that one, but couldn't compare that one to Knox teams who were pretty fine that I couldn't compare to Saban teams though there were similarities.

I don't really think we're "contending" but I'm enjoying myself and the games. It's a big plus compared to what I am used to.

Special is as special does, I'm amiable to "maybe" for once again.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Boooooooooooooo

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Since when do you have to be special to make the playoffs? What was special about the 2013 Chargers? Or the 2012 Bengals? You just have to win games, and so far we've been doing so.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

having a midget trainer is pretty special
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                        having a midget trainer is pretty special
                        That's just being small minded.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

They are better than last year. So it's a step in the right direction. I'll take it.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

So, this thread pretty much states the obvious...

But, thank you for the reminder.
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

[QUOTE=Luisito23;4017378]So, this thread pretty much states the obvious...
                              /QUOTE]

That the Bills are so-so, but for Bills fans that's a big improvement?

Comment

Working...
                              X