PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo is not that good...

BillsFanCupp38
11-04-2014, 07:36 PM
There is nothing special about this team. Same ole same ole. Mostly my beef is with the coaching (head coach and offensive staff) and the quarterback. Orton is an average QB to slightly above average. An Andy Dalton type guys. Numbers don't tell the whole story. I don't mean to hate on my team because I love them. I'm just a realist and can see the writing on the wall. I am willing to bet all my zones bucks, which is not much, that buffalo loses the next two games. This team is going no where with out an good offensive mind and an elite qb.

Goobylal
11-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Are they a SB contender? No. Are they a playoff contender, especially as Orton gets more comfortable and limits the damage done by Hackett? Definitely.

Mr. Miyagi
11-04-2014, 07:47 PM
There is nothing special about this team. Same ole same ole. Mostly my beef is with the coaching (head coach and offensive staff) and the quarterback. Orton is an average QB to slightly above average. An Andy Dalton type guys. Numbers don't tell the whole story. I don't mean to hate on my team because I love them. I'm just a realist and can see the writing on the wall. I am willing to bet all my zones bucks, which is not much, that buffalo loses the next two games. This team is going no where with out an good offensive mind and an elite qb.
Op? Why did you change your name?

Scumbag College
11-04-2014, 07:51 PM
The Bills won three games on the last play of the game or second to last play of the game. They have a winning record halfway through the season and should be playing football that matters after Thanksgiving. The Detroit and Minnesota games were as exciting endings as you can want with the good guys winning in the end. For a fan, we should care about the team being entertaining and winning. Why not just enjoy it?

Ingtar33
11-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Its hard not to be a pessimist with nearly 15 years of futility in our rear view mirror. especially since we've had 5-3 records before.

I'm much more interested in these next 4 games.
if we can sweep them i'd say we're a lock for the playoffs. if we go 3-1 i'd say we'd need a lot of luck and a very lucky win against one of the 3 better teams in the league in the last 4. if we go 2-2 or worse we can pack it in for the season. This season will be decided in the next 4 games. we'll get to find out if we're legit or not.

JoeMama
11-04-2014, 08:05 PM

Plenty of special things about this team.

Defense is playing out of its mind. Run D in particular.

Kyle Orton is a competent QB who's given the team a boost and is upholding his end of the bargain to help win games (DET/MIN were clutch as hell). He's bringing much needed stability to the position.

Sammy Watkins is a phenom. When he gets targets, we generally win. And he's maybe on pace to be only the 13th WR since the merger to get 1,000 yards.

Henderson and Brown look like absolute steals.

We're not one of the elites in the AFC but this team has a fighting chance at a wild card.

That alone makes this season special. We don't get meaningful football later in the year very often.

Remember, 14 year playoff drought. Enjoy the small stuff while you can. Right now, the Bills have a promising product on the field.

jamze132
11-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I think we'll get by KC but Miami beats is in prime time in their house. IF we do beat KC, the Miami game becomes almost a playoff game for both teams since neither are catching NE.

Mace
11-04-2014, 09:20 PM
There really isn't anything special about this team besides maybe, "MAYBE" a special defense, and a special year of magic from an "Orton" who was never thought to be so special but never really was so bad. I don't know how that plays out but don't think it will be terrible.

I'll go on record as saying I never believed the awesome "90"'s Bills teams were all that first couple years, even when they were. I can't compare this team to that one, but couldn't compare that one to Knox teams who were pretty fine that I couldn't compare to Saban teams though there were similarities.

I don't really think we're "contending" but I'm enjoying myself and the games. It's a big plus compared to what I am used to.

Special is as special does, I'm amiable to "maybe" for once again.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2014, 11:54 PM

Boooooooooooooo

IlluminatusUIUC
11-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Since when do you have to be special to make the playoffs? What was special about the 2013 Chargers? Or the 2012 Bengals? You just have to win games, and so far we've been doing so.

Meathead
11-05-2014, 02:11 AM
having a midget trainer is pretty special

Night Train
11-05-2014, 03:15 AM

That's just being small minded.

swiper
11-05-2014, 03:22 AM
They are better than last year. So it's a step in the right direction. I'll take it.

Luisito23
11-05-2014, 04:22 AM
So, this thread pretty much states the obvious...

But, thank you for the reminder.

swiper
11-05-2014, 04:45 AM
[QUOTE=Luisito23;4017378]So, this thread pretty much states the obvious...
/QUOTE]

That the Bills are so-so, but for Bills fans that's a big improvement?

YardRat
11-05-2014, 04:52 AM
I'm enjoying the ride. They are fun to watch, for the most part.

pmoon6
11-05-2014, 05:12 AM
New definition of "realist".

Whittle boys who just can't stand the disappointment.

Poor kids that don't even have the smarts or balls to just enjoy the games, one by one, without looking ahead to the final outcome of the season.

Oh Bluto, I don't want to get my hopes up because my feewings might get hurt in the end.

The modern American.

swiper
11-05-2014, 05:40 AM
New definition of "realist".

Whittle boys who just can't stand the disappointment.

Poor kids that don't even have the smarts or balls to just enjoy the games, one by one, without looking ahead to the final outcome of the season.

Oh Bluto, I don't want to get my hopes up because my feewings might get hurt in the end.

The modern American.

Signed,

The grumpy, old non-so-modern American

Fletch
11-05-2014, 05:45 AM

Who knows on the next two games, we can't predict injuries or whether either Alex Smith or Tannehill stinks the joint up.

You're right, but the caution should be that even if we hit 8-8 or 9-7, something I'm not expecting, we shouldn't take it as a significant sign of improvement. The team's vitals don't support that. So if we move forward, as many here always do and as the front office always does, by taking it as an improvement and continues to build on it rather than being able to truly identify that core issues, we merely sign up for another few seasons of this a la 2004.

- - - Updated - - -

Op? Why did you change your name?

It was actually me, I felt the need to add another name.

Fletch
11-05-2014, 05:53 AM
The Bills won three games on the last play of the game or second to last play of the game. They have a winning record halfway through the season and should be playing football that matters after Thanksgiving. The Detroit and Minnesota games were as exciting endings as you can want with the good guys winning in the end. For a fan, we should care about the team being entertaining and winning. Why not just enjoy it?

Agree.

But here we discuss the realities of the team, we don't talk just to enjoy a single and simple victory and mope for a week straight on a loss. How boring would that be. Except for some I guess who aren't bothered by tedium or trivial repetitiveness.

Enjoying the games is one thing, particularly when well played and in wins. But determining what we have going forward is another altogether. That is what some of us like to discuss. Just because we win some games does not mean that this team is ultimately competitive much less that it will be next season, particularly without key draft picks.

I mean needing the very last play to beat a Bridgewater led team with McKinnon as a RB, at home, is that encouraging? Was our play through from the start of the game through most of the 4th quarter more encouraging than it was discouraging? I can't speak for you or anyone else, but I wasn't at all encouraged by us letting Bridgewater throw his first NFL TD, or McKinnon almost a completely unknown RB running on us for over 100 and 5.4 ypc and the Vikes in general with 158 on 5.4 ypc. Then needing that very last play to beat a ****ty team like Minnesota, at home?

The Jets last week is a circumstantial game that we're never going to see again this season. Still, it took us over 3 quarters to finally put a team away in a game that we ended up having a 6-0 turnover advantage in.

What's going to happen in games that we don't have a TO advantage in, other than ****ty Minnesota? Probably the same thing that happened in the SD and NE games. Unfortunately none of the remaining teams on our schedule rank as the worst giveaway teams except for Oakland and the Jets, but it won't be Geno for the next game.

Fletch
11-05-2014, 06:00 AM
Plenty of special things about this team.

Defense is playing out of its mind. Run D in particular.

Kyle Orton is a competent QB who's given the team a boost and is upholding his end of the bargain to help win games (DET/MIN were clutch as hell). He's bringing much needed stability to the position.

Sammy Watkins is a phenom. When he gets targets, we generally win. And he's maybe on pace to be only the 13th WR since the merger to get 1,000 yards.

Henderson and Brown look like absolute steals.

We're not one of the elites in the AFC but this team has a fighting chance at a wild card.

That alone makes this season special. We don't get meaningful football later in the year very often.

Remember, 14 year playoff drought. Enjoy the small stuff while you can. Right now, the Bills have a promising product on the field.

Agree with most of that, but it's too early to be calling Watkins a phenom. He's had one remarkable game so far and that was against an imploding Jets team. Two very good games, one good game, and four poor ones.

As to the run defense playing out of its mind, did you miss the last two games or are you just discounting those as being irrelevant? Any objective observer can't help but noticing that the only RBs we've stopped have been backups. The others haven't seemed to have much difficulty on ypc or team rushing yards. I think that over the last 8 we're going to see this defense drop in the rankings pretty consistently as the level of competition that we face increases drastically from what we faced over the first half.

Luisito23
11-05-2014, 06:10 AM
I'm enjoying the ride.

Me too...:hi5:

wolfpack
11-05-2014, 06:40 AM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/amorbach/IMG_1079_zps15b23126.jpg

Fletch
11-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Me too...:hi5:

I think that most if not all of us are.

But again, there's a difference in analyzing all the aspects of the team and the season and just watching the games on Sunday and enjoying them. Two different things.

If all anyone wants to do is enjoy the games on Sunday, why bother wasting their time posting here. This forum should be for open and honest discussion, not merely a repository for only positive sentiments following every win.

pmoon6
11-05-2014, 07:13 AM
Signed,

The grumpy, old non-so-modern AmericanHey Mik.

Get off my lawn.

ServoBillieves
11-05-2014, 07:55 AM
My team is 5-3 but I can't enjoy it!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/894/wahmbulance.jpg

starrymessenger
11-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Almost all teams have their strengths and their weaknesses.
We think of the 49rs and Seahawks as good teams, but they are struggling right now and certainly not showing any kind of dominance. Maybe parity is making itself felt, with teams like the Rams and Bills showing improvement and better competitiveness.
Be that as it may, the second half is when things always come together for certain teams, while not for others. I think the Colts are a team that could really make a big push at the right time.
As for the Bills I feel a lot better about their chances of making the playoffs than I have at the same time in the season in recent memory. I feel that way because of the D and because for the first time in a long time we have someone under center who looks like a NFL QB - and that is a huge difference.
I know that opinions are divided concerning Spiller in particular and I think both Dixon and Brown may have a lot to offer, especially given time. But frankly I would feel a lot better going into the second half of the season with a healthy CJ and Fred.

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2014, 08:17 AM
I think we'll get by KC but Miami beats is in prime time in their house. IF we do beat KC, the Miami game becomes almost a playoff game for both teams since neither are catching NE.
I agree. I hope we don't look past the KC game this week just because of the Thursday night game coming up. At least the next 2 games are do or die for us.

ParanoidAndroid
11-05-2014, 08:20 AM
This team is a better o-line away from being playoff legit.

Mr. Miyagi
11-05-2014, 08:21 AM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/amorbach/IMG_1079_zps15b23126.jpg
Is that Bill Parcells or Gary Busey?

mightysimi
11-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Then needing that very last play to beat a ****ty team like Minnesota, at home?

I can't remember a team in the last 14 years that comes up with that win. Good teams find a way to win even when they aren't playing well. The W is all that matters.

starrymessenger
11-05-2014, 08:28 AM
This team is a better o-line away from being playoff legit.

Sometimes O-lines come together in season, and not necessarily only year over year.
Playing a lot of rooks on a line that has only two established players was bound to be a problem but it's perhaps a blessing in disguise that the problems could be seen early on.
IMO there is no way this is going to be a good line in the second half of the season but I think it's possible that they may improve to "adequate". If they can achieve that the Bills have a chance.

trapezeus
11-05-2014, 11:10 AM
Its hard not to be a pessimist with nearly 15 years of futility in our rear view mirror. especially since we've had 5-3 records before.

if we can sweep them i'd say we're a lock for the playoffs. if we go 3-1 i'd say we'd need a lot of luck and a very lucky win against one of the 3 better teams in the league in the last 4. if we go 2-2 or worse we can pack it in for the season. This season will be decided in the next 4 games. we'll get to find out if we're legit or not.

100% agree.

but for a team that hasn't been to the playoffs forever, i'm fine with a first round exit and not handing a high #1 to cleveland. they've already kind of exceeded my expectations.

if they end up 3-1 or 4-0 (a tall task after a 3-1 stretch), if they are for real, they need to be competitive and really push 1 of those 3 "good" teams around. if they just lie down and die in all 3 of the tough games, the playoff game is going to be brutal.

THATHURMANATOR
11-05-2014, 12:24 PM

K thanks

swiper
11-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Hey Mik.

Get off my lawn.

Only difference b/t you and me is I don't have the firearms.

RedEyE
11-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Can't a guy at least pour a bowl of Cheerios before you start pissing on them?

Buffalogic
11-05-2014, 04:26 PM
We will beat the chiefs. The hard game is @Miami on 3 days rest while they are hot.

JoeMama
11-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Agree with most of that, but it's too early to be calling Watkins a phenom. He's had one remarkable game so far and that was against an imploding Jets team. Two very good games, one good game, and four poor ones.

As to the run defense playing out of its mind, did you miss the last two games or are you just discounting those as being irrelevant? Any objective observer can't help but noticing that the only RBs we've stopped have been backups. The others haven't seemed to have much difficulty on ypc or team rushing yards. I think that over the last 8 we're going to see this defense drop in the rankings pretty consistently as the level of competition that we face increases drastically from what we faced over the first half.

Blah blah blah, I've never heard so many lame excuses for why a player is doing awesome.

Accept you were wrong about Watkins, that he's the biggest game changing WR in this draft and move on with your life.

Your petulant whining gets super ****ing old while the rest of us our enjoying the afterglow of victory. Something that leaves a bitter taste in your mouth no doubt.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-05-2014, 04:55 PM

This team could sneak out 9 wins this year. In fact, they have already met my preseason prediction of 5. However, they have at least five games left that are winnable.

KC - Jekyll and Hyde. If they get Charles running and shut us down it will be a long afternoon. We shut Charles down and box up Smith then we have a decent shot at winning.
@ Miami - I had this penciled in as a loss and still do. However, I don't think a sweep is out of the question
Jets - It is any given sunday, but if we lose to the Jets we should just have a dumpster fire
Browns - Which Browns team will show up? The one that wins ugly games, or the one that gets routed by ****ty opponents? I think we can have a win. Thats a 3-1 November. That is 8-4 going into December.

In December

Well, we ain't winning in Denver and we ain't winning at New England. However, I think we win in Oakland for the first time in ages and while Green Bay is a tall order, I think we can beat the Pack. Again, I did not say we WILL beat the Pack, but that we CAN.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-05-2014, 04:58 PM

So did Watkins **** your mother, steal your girlfriend, fist you in the ass, what? I mean I have seen hatred by others of various players through the years, but those players such as JP and TrINT merited detraction. Watkins is one of the major reasons we are 5-3. Takes plays off? Okay, fine, but he didn't take the plays off when it mattered. Detroit, Minnesota, Miami, were all decided by his catching fire.

chris66
11-05-2014, 05:27 PM
13 point differential. bills are basically a .500 team that had a couple lucky bounces. talk about smoke and mirrors

better days
11-05-2014, 05:30 PM
13 point differential. bills are basically a .500 team that had a couple lucky bounces. talk about smoke and mirrors

Talk about smoke & mirrors.

The Pats* would be a .500 team if they didn't get every BS call in their favor.

chris66
11-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Talk about smoke & mirrors.

The Pats* would be a .500 team if they didn't get every BS call in their favor.yeah they have the highest point diff in the league avg over 30 a game

better days
11-05-2014, 05:40 PM
yeah they have the highest point diff in the league avg over 30 a game

Thanks to HELP from the refs.

pmoon6
11-05-2014, 05:42 PM
yeah they have the highest point diff in the league avg over 30 a gameIt helps when your receivers are never called for pushing off and Belichick's halftime adjustments when Brady is getting his ass kicked is to tell his O-Lineman to hold MORE.

Of course, Walt Coleman and the rest of the Patriot ass kissers never throw a flag on Kraft's golden boys.

Keep believing the NFL generated myths. Then they'll change "Boston Strong" to "Boston Wrong". Not surprising though, the Boston area is full of lame brained, drunken Irish pigs.

YardRat
11-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Agree.

But here we discuss the realities of the team, we don't talk just to enjoy a single and simple victory and mope for a week straight on a loss. How boring would that be. Except for some I guess who aren't bothered by tedium or trivial repetitiveness.

Enjoying the games is one thing, particularly when well played and in wins. But determining what we have going forward is another altogether. That is what some of us like to discuss. Just because we win some games does not mean that this team is ultimately competitive much less that it will be next season, particularly without key draft picks.

I mean needing the very last play to beat a Bridgewater led team with McKinnon as a RB, at home, is that encouraging? Was our play through from the start of the game through most of the 4th quarter more encouraging than it was discouraging? I can't speak for you or anyone else, but I wasn't at all encouraged by us letting Bridgewater throw his first NFL TD, or McKinnon almost a completely unknown RB running on us for over 100 and 5.4 ypc and the Vikes in general with 158 on 5.4 ypc. Then needing that very last play to beat a ****ty team like Minnesota, at home?

The Jets last week is a circumstantial game that we're never going to see again this season. Still, it took us over 3 quarters to finally put a team away in a game that we ended up having a 6-0 turnover advantage in.

What's going to happen in games that we don't have a TO advantage in, other than ****ty Minnesota? Probably the same thing that happened in the SD and NE games. Unfortunately none of the remaining teams on our schedule rank as the worst giveaway teams except for Oakland and the Jets, but it won't be Geno for the next game.

You are no where near old enough to actually remember the late 80's, early 90's, and your insistence on continuing to post drivel like this makes it obvious.

Jesus Christ...the '88 team that lost in the conference championship dropped to 9-7 in '89, I'm sure you would have been wailing back then about how obvious it is that the team sucked, Polian and Marv should be fired and replaced with somebody else to build a team 'the right way'.

The '90 team 'crushed' New England at home, eventually a 1-15 team, putting only 14 points on the board and squeeked by a 5-11 Denver team by a single point, again at home. Not to mention getting absolutely rolled 30-7 by Miami.

The '91 team lost to a 6-10 Patriot squad, had a 7pt win against 3-13 Tampa (last minute TD pass to Mueller?), and a 3pt win against 8-8 Jets.

In '92 they lost to a 4 and 6 Colt team, and beat a 4-12 Jets team by a whopping 4pts.

I would bet real money without looking it up you have no ****ing clue what 'unknown' lesser players had big games, or Bills marquee players performed poorly, in those unacceptable losses or close wins. Why? Because nobody cares when all is said and done, and it isn't relevant in the least.

Does the above mean the current team is capable of making the playoffs or contending for a title? Hell no, but every team loses games they should win, or wins game by a closer margin than expected, and the bottom line is at the end of the day nobody gives a **** about close calls, only the final record and whether those games end up in the W or L column.

One point you continually, and ignorantly, refuse to accept is there isn't a single poster that is proclaiming this team to be better than what they have shown so far, considers the playoffs a given, or have discounted the possibility that the season could go into the toilet once again. The only thing that most probably concur on is they are not willing to throw the season away until it's actually gone.

If you want to discuss the realities of the team as you claim, than that reality is a 5-3 record, and a future schedule that indicates absolutely zero 'definite' wins or 'definite' losses at this point of the season.

pmoon6
11-08-2014, 04:54 AM
You are no where near old enough to actually remember the late 80's, early 90's, and your insistence on continuing to post drivel like this makes it obvious.

Jesus Christ...the '88 team that lost in the conference championship dropped to 9-7 in '89, I'm sure you would have been wailing back then about how obvious it is that the team sucked, Polian and Marv should be fired and replaced with somebody else to build a team 'the right way'.

The '90 team 'crushed' New England at home, eventually a 1-15 team, putting only 14 points on the board and squeeked by a 5-11 Denver team by a single point, again at home. Not to mention getting absolutely rolled 30-7 by Miami.

The '91 team lost to a 6-10 Patriot squad, had a 7pt win against 3-13 Tampa (last minute TD pass to Mueller?), and a 3pt win against 8-8 Jets.

In '92 they lost to a 4 and 6 Colt team, and beat a 4-12 Jets team by a whopping 4pts.

I would bet real money without looking it up you have no ****ing clue what 'unknown' lesser players had big games, or Bills marquee players performed poorly, in those unacceptable losses or close wins. Why? Because nobody cares when all is said and done, and it isn't relevant in the least.

Does the above mean the current team is capable of making the playoffs or contending for a title? Hell no, but every team loses games they should win, or wins game by a closer margin than expected, and the bottom line is at the end of the day nobody gives a **** about close calls, only the final record and whether those games end up in the W or L column.

One point you continually, and ignorantly, refuse to accept is there isn't a single poster that is proclaiming this team to be better than what they have shown so far, considers the playoffs a given, or have discounted the possibility that the season could go into the toilet once again. The only thing that most probably concur on is they are not willing to throw the season away until it's actually gone.

If you want to discuss the realities of the team as you claim, than that reality is a 5-3 record, and a future schedule that indicates absolutely zero 'definite' wins or 'definite' losses at this point of the season.Good points, Yard.

However, I feel duty bound to point out that agueing with an imbecile may not be in your best interests.

BillsFanCupp38
11-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Still any takers?

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Still any takers?

Go to hell.

BillsFanCupp38
11-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Come on. This is 1485 zone bux up for grabs... Im not kidding. I love my Bills but I wasn't about to pretend this was going to be a special team and a special season.

pmoon6
11-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Still any takers?It's lucky you can still type with a dick in your mouth or we wouldn't be able to understand you.

Pity.

BillsFanCupp38
11-11-2014, 08:29 PM
It's lucky you can still type with a dick in your mouth or we wouldn't be able to understand you.

Pity.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

swiper
11-12-2014, 04:39 AM

The difference between a 9-7 team and a 7-9 team is being able to win games that are there for the taking - like the KC game. That Andy Reid stole that game out from under Marrone on his home field should be embarrassing to Marrone.

pmoon6
11-12-2014, 05:01 AM
Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?No. You become one of the plethora of ignorant, overly negative ass wipes that are on here for their self aggrandizing ego massage.

"Bills' Nation".......Bwahahahahahahahaha.

The Twelfth Man died in 1999.

BillsFanCupp38
11-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Someone must owe me some zone bucks... Not happy about it... Just not living in a fantasy world where Kyle Orton is a franchise QB and Doug Marrone and his Offensive coaching staff are on the cutting edge of creating new and progressive offenses.