PDA

View Full Version : Orton or Dalton ?

k-oneputt
11-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Who are you taking for your team ?

I was never a Dalton fan, Orton for me. Easily.

Thing is Dalton just signed a big money contract and Orton wasn't even signed to any team until August.

I think the Bengals f-ed up with that Dalton/Fitz contract myself.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Dalton has been god awful tonight

stuckincincy
11-06-2014, 08:21 PM
Dalton has been god awful tonight

Putrid. Their lines are getting murdered in the trenches, and Dalton opting to pass after stepping over the LOS instead of running for clear skies is inexcusable.

I suspect coach-for-life Marvin Lewis falls to 6 and 14 in prime time games. Missing a bunch of starters or not, both the offensive and defensive call,s and player performance, is terrible.

Luisito23
11-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Always thought Dalton was trash...Horrible mistake Cincy made in giving him that money.

BillsImpossible
11-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Orton.

Mace
11-06-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm not real anti Dalton besides that he's an evil browed Ginger. Elway had his woeful moments. He's a percentage passer, a young Orton. I'd take Orton though because he's been through the moments before.

stuckincincy
11-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Down by 21, on their own 49, the 4th quarter moments away...Coach-for-life Lewis orders a punt. Amazing.

Mace
11-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Down by 21, on their own 49, the 4th quarter moments away...Coach-for-life Lewis orders a punt. Amazing.

Not real sure Lewis is the brightest bulb on the porch but hey, they do better than we do.

Meathead
11-06-2014, 09:46 PM
that red haired satan loving bastard gets nuthin from me but tbh his contract is one of those all or nuthin deals thats become popular. team front loads some big salary money in exchange for clauses that allow the team easy exit in a couple years. if he doesnt perform the team can just dump him with greatly reduced dead cap implications. good thing since hes bound to eventually open a portal and return to his evil realm

stuckincincy
11-06-2014, 10:00 PM
that red haired satan loving bastard gets nuthin from me but tbh his contract is one of those all or nuthin deals thats become popular. team front loads some big salary money in exchange for clauses that allow the team easy exit in a couple years. if he doesnt perform the team can just dump him with greatly reduced dead cap implications. good thing since hes bound to eventually open a portal and return to his evil realm

He must be under the influence. How is it possible, in this day and age of favoring the pass, to go 10 and 33 for 86 yards (72 net after 2 sacks) and 3 interceptions? :coocoo:

k-oneputt
11-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Bad coach, bad qb and that is what you get. Looks familiar actually.
Hope the Bills have finally turned the corner. They need to come out Sunday like the Browns did tonight.

stuckincincy
11-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Hope the Bills have finally turned the corner. They need to come out Sunday like the Browns did tonight.

This is what will happen if the idiotic push to end the sellout rules goes forth. No owner will ever feel pressure to field a competitive team.

swiper
11-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Who are you taking for your team ?

I was never a Dalton fan, Orton for me. Easily.

Thing is Dalton just signed a big money contract and Orton wasn't even signed to any team until August.

I think the Bengals f-ed up with that Dalton/Fitz contract myself.

Only a troll would post such a garbage thread when the guy has one of the worst games of his career. Look at his body of work. Dalton is not great. I, personally, never wanted him as "my" teams QB, but he's proven better than first thought. The Bengals would not be the team they have been without him. He just had a bad game.

swiper
11-07-2014, 04:04 AM

Browns > Bills

Why?

Better head coach.

And I was no particular fan of Pettine.

better days
11-07-2014, 05:32 AM
This is what will happen if the idiotic push to end the sellout rules goes forth. No owner will ever feel pressure to field a competitive team.

WHAT? You don't think a Coach is under pressure to win because the game is on Television?

Ridiculous.

k-oneputt
11-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Browns > Bills

Why?

Better head coach.

I'm talking about the last 15 yrs of Buffalo Bills football. You might have seen them. Or maybe not.

And I was no particular fan of Pettine.

As for Dalton, some think he is the real deal. I do not. He is a middle of the pack qb, similar to Orton, thus the comparison.

Should I have compared Orton to Manning or Brady ?

better days
11-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Only a troll would post such a garbage thread when the guy has one of the worst games of his career. Look at his body of work. Dalton is not great. I, personally, never wanted him as "my" teams QB, but he's proven better than first thought. The Bengals would not be the team they have been without him. He just had a bad game.

Well, Dalton just got paid a lot of money.

He is not as good as Big Ben, Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, let alone the ELITE QB's in the NFL.

He is closer to Hoyer than those QB's.

Meathead
11-07-2014, 08:07 AM
How is it possible, in this day and age of favoring the pass, to go 10 and 33 for 86 yards (72 net after 2 sacks) and 3 interceptions? :coocoo:

and without being traded to the jets

Meathead
11-07-2014, 08:11 AM
they could have a very tough decision shortly. hes good not great and you cant pay the biggest money to just good

he could still get better. i think he might actually be beelzebub himself implementing his final earthly deception before christ returns, but if hes just a minion he could serve satan by dedicating himself to a few years out of his remaining thousands to football. hellspawn are notoriously good pro athletes, just look at tom brady

better days
11-07-2014, 08:16 AM
And speaking of Hoyer, the Browns will have a tough decision to make in the offseason if he continues to play as well as he has.

Would you rather have Hoyer or Dalton?

swiper
11-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Well, Dalton just got paid a lot of money.

He is not as good as Big Ben, Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, let alone the ELITE QB's in the NFL.

He is closer to Hoyer than those QB's.

From that perspective I would agree. But it was the Bengals money to spend.

Hoyer reminds me of a modern day Jeff Garcia.

- - - Updated - - -

And speaking of Hoyer, the Browns will have a tough decision to make in the offseason if he continues to play as well as he has.

Would you rather have Hoyer or Dalton?

Hoyer

Mace
11-07-2014, 07:08 PM
As for Dalton, some think he is the real deal. I do not. He is a middle of the pack qb, similar to Orton, thus the comparison.

Should I have compared Orton to Manning or Brady ?

Compare Dalton's 1st 4 years to Hall of Fame Elway's. Dalton is 88 Td's/55 int's, best completion percentage 62.3%.

Elway was 66 td's/65 ints, best completion percentage 56.3%.

Elway was gaining rep as a big game choker so is Dalton. Worked out for Elway with Shanny. Dunno what happens to Dalton with the eternal Lewis.

Dalton is not so terrible in year 4, he's a winner, and no I'm not a huge Dalton fan. He's earned more than middle of the pack status though coming out of TCU if you can't call him elite. He was a middlin' ranged reach going into the draft, he's probably paying off.

better days
11-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Compare Dalton's 1st 4 years to Hall of Fame Elway's. Dalton is 88 Td's/55 int's, best completion percentage 62.3%.

Elway was gaining rep as a big game choker so is Dalton. Worked out for Elway with Shanny. Dunno what happens to Dalton with the eternal Lewis.

Dalton is not so terrible in year 4, he's a winner, and no I'm not a huge Dalton fan. He's earned more than middle of the pack status though coming out of TCU if you can't call him elite. He was a middlin' ranged reach going into the draft, he's probably paying off.

Well, he paid off on his Rookie contract.

It remains to be seen if he continues to pay off.

k-oneputt
11-08-2014, 01:11 AM

Really ??? Stats ? Dalton vs. Elway ?

k-oneputt
11-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Different game in the early 80's.

Forget it. Not even getting into this.