PDA

View Full Version : Farve not the first choice for Something About Mary

The King
11-07-2014, 06:45 AM
http://deadspin.com/brett-favre-was-the-third-choice-for-theres-something-a-1655427338

"Our first choice was Drew Bledsoe," Bobby Farrelly said. "He was the stud at the time for the Patriots … but he had just gotten into a little—"
"They had the mosh incident," Peter Farrelly interjected. "He was a single guy, went out with his pals, they went to a club, he dove into a mosh pit and someone kind of tweaked their neck, nothing serious, but it was in the news. So he called us up and said 'I can't come do your movie in Miami because if they find out I did a movie after that they're going to run me out of town.'"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1122T1IQAATAhp.jpg:large

better days
11-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Not a fan of that movie myself.

SpikedLemonade
11-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Not a fan of that movie myself.

No doubt more of a "Gone with the Wind" type of guy.

better days
11-07-2014, 08:50 AM
No doubt more of a "Gone with the Wind" type of guy.

I could never even sit through an entire showing of Gone With the Wind.

Watching "Gone With The Wind" is akin to reading a post by Fletch.

Maybe Kevin Costner is a fan of that movie & that is the reason most of his films are too long.

I just named a movie I am a huge fan of in another thread.

A baseball movie called "Bang The Drum Slowly" with De Niro

One of the best Sports Movies of all time.

Ginger Vitis
11-07-2014, 09:18 AM
So during that interview Farrelly claims Bledsoe was single at the time of the incident.... and the LA times says he was married with a 3 week old baby at home.. And in the end Bledsoe ended up paying the girl $400 000

I have seen TISAM roughly 10 times and Favre fit that role better than Bledsoe or Young would have

Pat Healy "What the hell is Brett Favre doing here'?
Brett Favre "Im in town to play the Dolphins you dumbass"

WagonCircler
11-07-2014, 11:52 AM
A baseball movie called "Bang The Drum Slowly" with De Niro

One of the best Sports Movies of all time.

Freaking EPIC baseball movie. Michael Morality was as amazing as DeNiro, and Vincent Gardenia was awesome.

"From now on, I rag no one."

The King
11-07-2014, 12:34 PM
So during that interview Farrelly claims Bledsoe was single at the time of the incident.... and the LA times says he was married with a 3 week old baby at home.. And in the end Bledsoe ended up paying the girl $400 000

I have seen TISAM roughly 10 times and Favre fit that role better than Bledsoe or Young would have

Pat Healy "What the hell is Brett Favre doing here'?
Brett Favre "Im in town to play the Dolphins you dumbass"

Bledsoe was definitely married at the time. Parcells bought him a house if he married before the season.
Favre was a much better casting.

better days
11-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Freaking EPIC baseball movie. Michael Morality was as amazing as DeNiro, and Vincent Gardenia was awesome.

"From now on, I rag no one."

A Great cast in that movie.

Other notables were Danny Aiello as Horse, Phil Foster as Joe & Selma Diamond as Tootsie.

The card game Moriarty & Foster played in the Hotel, luring in fish to play was CLASSIC.

WagonCircler
11-07-2014, 03:00 PM
The card game Moriarty & Foster played in the Hotel, luring in fish to play was CLASSIC.

TEGWAR.

The Exciting Game Without Any Rules.

ServoBillieves
11-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Favre*