PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 Playoff implications

jimmifli
11-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Check out this table:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-week-10-playoff-implications-a-big-week-for-miami-and-detroit/

The bills got some help last night from the Browns, putting us over 26% to make the playoffs. But the KC game is huge +/-13%, so either putting us at 40% or 12%.

It's a neat methodology, worth a look.

Ed
11-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Still a 0.6% chance of getting the top seed!

Go Jets, Titans, and Lions.

DesertFox24
11-07-2014, 11:46 AM
I have a bad feeling about these next two games.

And the reason is the poor running game and our OL is playing like garbage.

Take in the fact that Sammy got hurt in practice (PRACTICE) and that removes are only true threat on offense.

Different year same story folks, I will watch the game but I am leaning towards us losing and putting a nail in our season. We lose this game I do not see how we can beat the phins after this loss on a short week at their place.

I agree with Joe B for us to have any playoff shot we need to be 3-1 this month and probably 4-0.

Fletch
11-07-2014, 11:48 AM
We lose this game and our odds plummet regardless of what they site says come Monday. If we lose here I doubt we beat both Cleveland and Miami. Cleveland looks a lot like KC right now. For that matter so does Miami.

December looks lousy, is there a win in sight there?

jimmifli
11-07-2014, 12:04 PM
It's very rare to back into the playoffs, it happens when one conference trounces the other, and the AFC hasn't been trounced this year.

So to make the playoffs, the Bills have to beat some good teams. We didn't beat NE or SD, and we added a loss to a bad Houston team.

We did beat Detroit, and I think the Lions are probably a better team than KC and CLE, so we can do it. But this is it, win the next two games and we're probably going to playoffs. Because 1 our odds would be pretty good, and 2 because a team that can beat those teams is good enough to win a few more games.

Mr. Miyagi
11-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Different year same story folks, I will watch the game but I am leaning towards us losing and putting a nail in our season. We lose this game I do not see how we can beat the phins after this loss on a short week at their place.
I disagree with this mentality but I understand the self-preservation mode after suffering all the years of disappointment.

Don't Panic
11-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I disagree with this mentality but I understand the self-preservation mode after suffering all the years of disappointment.

That's what it comes down to, right? All too often anyway... helps to have a short memory.

KC, Miami, Cleveland, GB, Den, NE... at this point I'd be impressed if this team manged to end up 9-7. 10-6 and Marrone should be up for Coach of the Year honors.

DesertFox24
11-07-2014, 03:09 PM

Oh I want a win bad and like you said the past is really making me feel this way. If we win on Sunday and beat Te phins then I expect playoffs.

If we beat Chiefs and lose to phins or vice versa I will be more optimistic about than I am today.

Ed
11-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Well if the Bills win this week they would be no lower than 6th no matter what other teams do. They can move up as high as 5th with a win and a Pittsburgh loss.

YardRat
11-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Things change pretty quickly in this league. Many have been pointing to an 'easy' November and killer December schedules, but after the last couple of weeks November is looking a lot tougher. I'll stick with the mindset from early in the season...there still isn't a game that we can't win, or can't lose, the rest of the way out, and the recipe is going to be the same almost every week...stop the run, get to the QB on defense, make a few plays and put a few points on the board on offense.

Thurmal
11-07-2014, 04:32 PM
I look at it this way...it's way too early to worry about what other teams are doing; the season is only half over. We need to win at least 10 games (maybe 11) this year to get in. That means 5-3 over the last half of the season. December's best-case scenario, I believe, is 2-2. The Dolphins game will be a ***** b/c it is a road game on Thursday (where the visiting team is at a huge disadvantage) against a team that is kicking ass right now, so the Bills have to win at home here in November.

If we can pull out wins against KC, Cleveland, and NYJ, we have a real shot. A loss Sunday makes the Miami game a must-win, which will be a pretty tall task.

In the end, our o-line, lack of running game, and awful playcalling will be our downfall. I'm thinking 8-8 or 9-7, which I'm hoping will be enough to keep Marrone under the caveat that he replaces Hackett. Next year, if we can lock up our free agents, should be a great season.

ServoBillieves
11-07-2014, 05:22 PM
In case it wasn't obvious enough...

http://www.buffalobillievers.com/bills-lists/bills-road-to-playoffs-who-to-root-for-in-week-10/

"Who to root for in week 10"