PDA

View Full Version : nhl to bring back... THE GLOW PUCK?!!

JATMtheJATM
11-07-2014, 04:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/glow-puck-being-resurrected-by-the-nhl-205051243.html

The funniest gimmick ever. it was fun, but I don't know....

OpIv37
11-07-2014, 07:02 PM
I hate Gary Bettman. He is ruining this league.

JATMtheJATM
11-07-2014, 07:09 PM
This is no big deal and I'd like the nostalgia. It was cheesy and fun. For an occasional thing, I'm ok with it.

OpIv37
11-07-2014, 07:17 PM
This is no big deal and I'd like the nostalgia. It was cheesy and fun. For an occasional thing, I'm ok with it.

It made the games hokey and cartoony. I don't know, maybe with today's technology there is a way to make the puck show up better on TV without the cheesy red and blue laser effects, but after the first attempt, you can't blame people for the skepticism.

It also seems to be a nod to people who don't understand the game and don't want to. I don't lose site of the puck often, and if I do, 90% of the time I can figure out where it is by the way the players are moving and reacting. It encourages ignorance of the game.

DetDannyWilliams
11-09-2014, 11:05 AM
If it helps show if a goal is scored then I am for it!

OpIv37
11-09-2014, 11:35 AM
If it helps show if a goal is scored then I am for it!

They can use RFID chips in the puck to determine goals without also having to use it to make real games look like the hockey version of NBA Jam.

DetDannyWilliams
11-09-2014, 11:59 AM
They can use RFID chips in the puck to determine goals without also having to use it to make real games look like the hockey version of NBA Jam.

But to be open-minded about it: CGI tech has increased slightly since FoxTrax was introduced in 1997. Maybe they've figured out how to track the puck in a way that isn't so garrish. Or maybe we don't need something to tracks the puck in 2014, thanks to HD technology.
Either way... can they use that chip to FINALLY tell us if the puck completely crossed the line?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/glow-puck-being-resurrected-by-the-nhl-205051243.html

JATMtheJATM
11-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Personally I wouldn't want the glow puck for every game, but I think the league should do a few "90s" nights every season playing in old jerseys with the glow puck and such. Perhaps that's because that's the era I fell in love with the sport as a child so it's awesome to me.

DraftBoy
11-09-2014, 04:00 PM
I think they should just dip the puck in radioactive material so it actually glows. **** this CGI pansy stuff.

Also this is the dumbest and most laughable idea in professional sports.

black N yellow
11-09-2014, 05:36 PM

Ruined long ago, I'd say. Once the divisions/conferences were changed from Wales/Campbell, Adams, etc it was over.

ckg927
11-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Jesus take the wheel, are we back to THIS stupidity?

Whoever even thought of bringing back this abortion of an idea needs to be placed in the nets. With no protection at all. And have some of the most fearsome shooters in the league unload their cannons directly at him.

And it doesn't stop until the guy changes his mind.

(All of the above is snark.)

Downinfloflo
11-10-2014, 01:31 AM
It made the games hokey and cartoony. I don't know, maybe with today's technology there is a way to make the puck show up better on TV without the cheesy red and blue laser effects, but after the first attempt, you can't blame people for the skepticism.

It also seems to be a nod to people who don't understand the game and don't want to. I don't lose site of the puck often, and if I do, 90% of the time I can figure out where it is by the way the players are moving and reacting. It encourages ignorance of the game.

There sure is, It's called HD 1080P....

Leave the glowing pucks where they belong, Nintendo Wii.

A glowing puck will not get anyone interested in Hockey..If you can't find the puck, You should be watching Base Ball.

Downinfloflo
11-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Personally I wouldn't want the glow puck for every game, but I think the league should do a few "90s" nights every season playing in old jerseys with the glow puck and such. Perhaps that's because that's the era I fell in love with the sport as a child so it's awesome to me.

Are you ****ing kidding me??

90's glow night in the ****ing NHL???

JATMtheJATM
11-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me??

90's glow night in the ****ing NHL???

Nope. I'd love throwback nights on occasion featuring the old red and black jerseys and 90s telecast graphics once in a while.