PDA

View Full Version : put EJ back in

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:20 PM
this is actually a serious thread

orton today proved he is fitzdouchebag 2.0

im not saying manuel is a legit nfl starter or should be this teams starter but at least we find out sooner then later

QB has been an issue here since 1996

scrap these chumps and move on next year to someone else

- - - Updated - - -

20 ****ing years since we have a guy that at least 50% of the fan base actually believes in

coastal
11-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Just stfu

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Just stfu

no you can ty very much orton ****ing sucks

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:24 PM
im watching stafford in the same situation orton was just in

its amazing watching a real qb 1st and goal from 15 with game on the line

Novacane
11-09-2014, 02:24 PM
I'd wait till they lose a few more.

Crisis
11-09-2014, 02:26 PM

he sure did amazing vs us

BertSquirtgum

im not saying manuel is a legit nfl starter or should be this teams starter but at least we find out sooner then later

- - - Updated - - -

20 ****ing years since we have a guy that at least 50% of the fan base actually believes in

Idiot post

djjimkelly
I'd wait till they lose a few more.

i have no doubt itll take mathematical elimination but the season is done EJ learning time what a waste of one serious defense

Crisis
11-09-2014, 02:27 PM
EJ is a lost cause. Orton is Orton but EJ is a bust. Just cut our losses there.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Idiot post

ty today and watching orton all day is making an idiot out of all of us

yes blame bryce brown blame mckelvin.

4 shots from the 15 and not one was playable by a buffalo bill

that is as inept as it gets and orton to me is inept

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:30 PM
he sure did amazing vs us

well he is 7-2

Luisito23
11-09-2014, 02:30 PM
With GB, Denver and NE coming up, this season's been done even with a win today, but I still want no part of EJ.

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2014, 02:31 PM

yes blame bryce brown blame mckelvin.

4 shots from the 15 and not one was playable by a buffalo bill

that is as inept as it gets and orton to me is inept

You obviously forgot how bad EJ Manuel is. Go watch the first four games again and rethink your comments. They're very stupid.

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2014, 02:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgH1UnDsR-E

Kind of like this?

justasportsfan
11-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Dumb thread.

CoolBreeze
11-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I'd rather see a Cut Bryce Brown thread, since he cost us the game. Nothing pisses me off more than when they should win no questons asked then defeat themselves. Bryce Brown is the A$$ clown of the day. If Fred is 100% Thursday, I don't want to see Brown on the field once

don137
11-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Orton didn't fumble at the 2. Orton didn't knock the ball out of the end zone instead of falling on it losing 7 points. Orton did not drop 4 balls today. Orton didn't fumble a punt return giving the chiefs a short field.

Orton was not the problem today.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:41 PM
You obviously forgot how bad EJ Manuel is. Go watch the first four games again and rethink your comments. They're very stupid.

no i havent forgotten but with orton this is the max we get

with Ej there is some form of hope I AGREE VERY LITTLE HOPE IM NOT AN EJ SUPPORTER i just know playing orton is like banging your buddys fat sister its fun sometimes but you dont want anyone to know you like it

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:45 PM
this year is just like 1999 except orton is nowhere near as good as FRUITE and EJ is nowhere near as good as RJ

top flight defense with no qb at least FRUITE was exciting

cookie G
11-09-2014, 02:46 PM
lol...

alohabillsfan
11-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Lmao stupidest thread of the year candidate!

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:50 PM
i dont know how anyone can watch those last 4 plays and think
that guy should start in the nfl

The Doc
11-09-2014, 02:51 PM

- - - Updated - - -

STFU. And that's as nice as I can say it.

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/226043-put-EJ-back-in-lol?highlight=

You started this exact same thread during the Lions game. I still don't know which thread is more stupid.

cookie G
11-09-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/226043-put-EJ-back-in-lol?highlight=

You started this exact same thread during the Lions game. I still don't know which thread is more stupid.

Nice catch!

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 02:56 PM
be happy being an also ran

this is a group of idiots who probably let their kids play sports where they dont keep score.

and anyone who doesnt realize the season is over today is truly an idiot

I DONT THINK EJ IS THE ANSWER I JUST KNOW ORTON IS A WASTE OF TIME GOD HELP US IF THEY EXTEND HIM

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Ok, will do.

cookie G
11-09-2014, 02:58 PM

this is a group of idiots who probably let their kids play sports where they dont keep score.

I DONT THINK EJ IS THE ANSWER I JUST KNOW ORTON IS A WASTE OF TIME GOD HELP US IF THEY EXTEND HIM

Yes..you think EJ is the answer, admit it.

I don't know how someone starts a thread called, "Put EJ back in" and then talks about the importance of winning.

Right now, they are mutually exclusive concepts.

Accept it.

djjimkelly

and if u notice i put lol in that time :)

this time i am actally serious becuz using a play to not lose qb is pointless

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NO ****ING CLUE IF EJ WILL EVER WORK I JUST KNOW ORTON IS POINTLESS

in fact the wins he has gotten us will cost us talent at draft time and yes i know we dont have a 1st rounder

justasportsfan

Might as well post a dump post in a dumb thread

Fletch
11-09-2014, 03:00 PM
So let me see if I understand this correctly, in one week we go from Orton ranking 7th in passer rating, forgetting the fact that that was only due to the Jets game spike, and how he's playing like a top-10 QB, to this stuff including putting EJ back in?

HHURRICANE
11-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Wow...people actually think Orton lost the game today?!?!

So fing dumb.

You want a scapegoat? How about our "6 on the Wonderlik" return guy.

- - - Updated - - -

So fing dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

So fing dumb.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Yes..you think EJ is the answer, admit it.

I don't know how someone starts a thread called, "Put EJ back in" and then talks about the importance of winning.

Right now, they are mutually exclusive concepts.

Accept it.

actually just so you know i broke **** when they announced his name a couple years ago as a bills draft pick i think he is **** also just winning games to finish middle of the pack over and over or to be crap like we have been hasnt worked for 20 years it needs to stop

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:02 PM

So fing dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

So fing dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

So fing dumb.

i do not think orton lost the game on his own today i just also saw a 10 year vet have 4 chances from the 15 and almost throw 2 picks and the other 2 where an area code off.

justasportsfan
11-09-2014, 03:03 PM
actually just so you know i broke **** when they announced his name a couple years ago as a bills draft pick i think he is **** also just winning games to finish middle of the pack over and over or to be crap like we have been hasnt worked for 20 years it needs to stop
Someone please translate

cookie G
11-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Someone please translate

I think he means to put EJ back in, tank the season and draft Andew Luck with the No. 1 pick next year.

That's what I got out of it.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:06 PM
So let me see if I understand this correctly, in one week we go from Orton ranking 7th in passer rating, forgetting the fact that that was only due to the Jets game spike, and how he's playing like a top-10 QB, to this stuff including putting EJ back in?

when did i say orton is top 10 ive been indifferent about him till

1st and 10 from the 15

SpikedLemonade
11-09-2014, 03:07 PM

Most fans from the Buffalo area are just happy to still have a NFL or NHL team.

Winning is greedy.

Joe Fo Sho
11-09-2014, 03:07 PM
i do not think orton lost the game on his own today i just also saw a 10 year vet have 4 chances from the 15 and almost throw 2 picks and the other 2 where an area code off.

You're right, I miss plays like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvnbWzbhxw

Famous Amos
11-09-2014, 03:08 PM
this thread is terrible. I clicked on it for pure curiosity. nice try boss. Take a shower, drink some V8, and come back when youre sober.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:10 PM
I think he means to put EJ back in, tank the season and draft Andew Luck with the No. 1 pick next year.

That's what I got out of it.

it means there is no future with orton

it meant i HATED THE EJ MANUEL PICK

i think they both suck and we dont have a 1st rounder

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:12 PM
this thread is terrible. I clicked on it for pure curiosity. nice try boss. Take a shower, drink some V8, and come back when youre sober.

funny thing is im actually in a cutting cycle in real life :) so no drugs or alcohol for me but i am in the process of lighting up a joint lol

Fletch
11-09-2014, 03:20 PM
when did i say orton is top 10 ive been indifferent about him till

1st and 10 from the 15

Who said that you were among those taking this position?

I have no idea who was and who wasn't, we all definitely read all kinds of great stuff about Orton and Watkins though.

Every post isn't about or addressed to you.

BertSquirtgum
11-09-2014, 03:22 PM
and if u notice i put lol in that time :)

this time i am actally serious becuz using a play to not lose qb is pointless

ONCE AGAIN I HAVE NO ****ING CLUE IF EJ WILL EVER WORK I JUST KNOW ORTON IS POINTLESS

in fact the wins he has gotten us will cost us talent at draft time and yes i know we dont have a 1st rounder

If you want to watch the Bills win once in awhile you keep Orton in. If you want them to lose and give the Browns a high first rounder, you play Ejaculation.

Mr. Pink
11-09-2014, 03:23 PM
This team would be 3-6 at best with EJ starting all the games, you want to downgrade the position on purpose?

Going 5-11 won't get them a better draft pick.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:37 PM
This team would be 3-6 at best with EJ starting all the games, you want to downgrade the position on purpose?

im not the GM but come april 40th pick in round 2 to me is more appealing then 52nd

plus like ive said i could care less who ends up being our winning qb in the end when we finally find one

but EJ would have had a fair shake. im for the greater good of this franchise

Famous Amos
11-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Most fans from the Buffalo area are just happy to still have a NFL or NHL team.

Winning is greedy.

Spiked, I dont often address you directly. I have had a few beers and I'm feeling a bit bristly. I imagine youve been a Bills booster for a while and have made the trip from wherever you are to OP often which makes you a big deal for me. You have used you're hard earned money and spent it in our fair county throughout the years. Ive gathered you are some sort of an attorney. You have some sort of a degree of disposable income. you've said you have taken part in party buses for games.

I appreciate your business.

i don't think that gives you an open invitation to criticize the region wholesale like you have been. I saw your post "Talkin Proud" video from the '80s in a sarcastic manner. I hate that PR stunt and think it's hokey. If you're a Bills fan, you don't need to be a Buffalo fan. I get that. But for a while, and i mean i've been on this board for a bit and on the Range for a good time and you have rarely had a good thing to say about my city. Rarely. You seem to be a well rounded guy. i remember trying one of your chili recipes. I wonder, have you spent a weekend here to just bum around and try out the local flavor? I am far from an attorney ( a mere teacher's assistant) but on the weekends I have been able to have a very good time on a limited budget. Im not sure Im comfortable to offer to be a guide because i dont make a whole hell of a lot of money but, try to get away from the Galleria, check out The Wilcott Mansion and tour Teddy Roosevelt's inaugural site. Go for a hike in Stiglmeier park (http://www.tocny.org/Portals/0/Departments/Facilities%20Parks%20B%20and%20G/Documents/Losson%20Nature%20Trails%20Broch.pdf) (my neck of the woods). Check out Old Fort Niagara in Youngstown. hey we got a few breweries too- hamburg Brewery, Flying Bison, Resurgence on Niagara St., and also a few distilleries too. If youre not into going to see the game at the stadium, I was just at a joint in depew where there's $4 pitchers, free wings and pizza and just a friendly, neighborhood feel. 716 just opened up in Harbor center across from the FNC, canal side is a enjorbale time for familes and singles during the summer and with the new canals opeing up hopefully the winter too.

What are you interested in? Fishing? I remmebr you having some sort of hatchery. Buffalo has some great fishing spots. I dont know much about them but if you look, youll find them. If youre into the gay culture, theres Allen and other joints.

Some times I think Canadians come off the 33 or 190 and see the worst part of the city and think that represents the majority WNY. Bring you bike down and take the river trail up to Tonawanda.

let me know, ill give you ideas. Fine dining? Buffalo Chop House, Mothers, The Mansion on Delaware. Youre Canadian, you like to skate, come down to Main St. near the gold dome and skate for a buck. Theres also skating on the canals and apparently River Bend. We try to have pond hockey tourneys weather permitting. The city is flat so if you want to ski, you need to hit the southtowns. But because the region is so close, its no more than an hour away.

We got some skin bars too but you know, Canada beats us in that regard.

I guess you have a shtick to adhere to here to maintain your personality. Youre allowed to buy into the good parts of our city while being critical to its issues. Dont be a dick. Enjoy Buffalo. We're good people.

Mr. Pink
11-09-2014, 03:45 PM
im not the GM but come april 40th pick in round 2 to me is more appealing then 52nd

plus like ive said i could care less who ends up being our winning qb in the end when we finally find one

but EJ would have had a fair shake. im for the greater good of this franchise

EJ had a fair shake, he sucked and he got benched. Exactly where he belongs.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 03:55 PM
EJ had a fair shake, he sucked and he got benched. Exactly where he belongs.

i respectfully dont think he did just like i dont think losman or edwards got fair shakes. in the end they all are will be **** and especially and dearly to bills fans

but not even 16 starts all broken apart and not built on is no fair shake.

but in todays sports coaches and gms are all trying to keep their jobs and cant afford to be wrong but then why draft him?

Yasgur's Farm
11-09-2014, 05:01 PM
There were 7 reasons why we didn't win this game today IMO... I will list them in the order from what I believe was most impactful...
1) McMumbles fumble... We had the game under control with great field position. He blew this return in 2 ways... First, he had tons of room if he simply got on it from the get-go. Second and most important, he fumbled.
2) Brown's fumble... It not only lost us a TD... We lost the field goal attempt as well.
3) Candler failing to make the big play and recover the ball for a TD... I hate to put this on him, but facts is facts.
4) Orton missing Chandler in the EZ.
5) Orton missing Woods in the EZ.
6) Orton going Oh for 4 from the 15.
7) Marrone forgoing the FG and going for it on 4th down at the 15 with 2:30 or so and TO's remaining.

So my conclusion... While I don't advocate starting EJ, Orton did play a role, to some degree, in this loss.

WagonCircler
11-09-2014, 05:13 PM

No, actually you're doing a bang-up job of making an idiot of yourself.

You don't need any help.

sudzy
11-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Orton is not going to take you to the promise land. But, he's the best we have right now. EJ is a waste of time. I just want to win and I want to play the QB that gives us the best chance to win. But, the search for the QB of the future continues.

Mace
11-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Hammered and overly upset, tomorrow is another day.

The Jokeman
11-09-2014, 07:37 PM

I agree draft position isn't going to help the Bills. Better veteran players will though. I hope we can bring in some improved players in UFA and/or keep Hughes and Spikes.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 08:31 PM
lol i watch 30 minutes of aaron rodgers then i think back to watching orton today lol

justasportsfan
11-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Spiked, I dont often address you directly.

i don't think that gives you an open invitation to criticize the region wholesale like you have been.

What are yoou interested in.

Spiked has applied to join Hama's ,Isis/Isil. Unfortunarely for us , they rejected him

WagonCircler
11-09-2014, 09:58 PM
lol i watch 30 minutes of aaron rodgers then i think back to watching orton today lol

Eureka!!!!

You've solved our problem!

We'll just get Aaron Rodgers!

Someone in another thread used the word "Simpleton".

Must be the word of the day.

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Eureka!!!!

You've solved our problem!

We'll just get Aaron Rodgers!

Someone in another thread used the word "Simpleton".

Must be the word of the day.

now i know your a total moron your the simpleton my friend :) education wise you dont match up to me my friend. so dont start

where did i say get aaron rodgers i ****ing wish! my point is orton is nearly the opposite of rodgers in every form ill cheer for **** orton he is a bill but not playing EJ to play orton is pointless

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 10:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

the new metric to analyze qbs says orton SUCKS

WagonCircler
11-09-2014, 10:46 PM
now i know your a total moron your the simpleton my friend :) education wise you dont match up to me my friend. so dont start

where did i say get aaron rodgers i ****ing wish! my point is orton is nearly the opposite of rodgers in every form ill cheer for **** orton he is a bill but not playing EJ to play orton is pointless

Oh, yes. Obviously YOU'RE (note the proper usage of an apostrophe) highly educated.

EJ is worthless. So are you.

I guess the world needs ditch diggers too.

(Some highfalutin' prose for your educated ass).

djjimkelly
11-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Oh, yes. Obviously YOU'RE (note the proper usage of an apostrophe) highly educated.

EJ is worthless. So are you.

I guess the world needs ditch diggers too.

(Some highfalutin' prose for your educated ass).

lol internet message board and proper grammar is that where you go lol. by the way my degrees involve math and biology so stick your grammar up ortons ASS :)

Downinfloflo
11-10-2014, 01:23 AM

Every QB the Buffalo Bills have had since Jim Kelly has sucked...Every last one of them

It's a position this franchise has been trying to fill ( So they claim) since Jim left.

Funny thing is, Orton is one of the most accurate QB's this team has had in close to 22 years.

Orton is playing because his TEAMMATES not fans want him to be.

E.J's play was so bad, The team was ready to throw him over the falls.

And I don't blame them, He was really going to get his guys hurt.

Every franchise in the NFL is looking for a QB, They are RARE and far between.

Year after year, It's the same names at the top of the stats sheet that it's almost boring, Brady, Manning, Breese, Rodgers and so on.

Luck is the best QB prospect to come into the NFL since 1999...They don't grow on trees.

better days
11-10-2014, 12:48 PM
At this point, Orton has lost as many games as EJ has this year.

Orton has one more win than EJ, but nobody can say EJ would not have won 3 more games had he not been benched.

If the Bills lose to the Fins on Thursday, I want to see EJ play the rest of the year.

There will be nothing left to lose.

If EJ SUCKS as some believe, let him show the rest of us just how bad he sucks.

Or maybe he will show us he still has potential.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2014, 12:52 PM
At this point, Orton has lost as many games as EJ has this year.

Orton has one more win than EJ, but nobody can say EJ would not have won 3 more games had he not been benched.

If the Bills lose to the Fins on Thursday, I want to see EJ play the rest of the year.

There will be nothing left to lose.

If EJ SUCKS as some believe, let him show the rest of us just how bad he sucks.

Or maybe he will show us he still has potential.

This team would be 3-6 with EJ at QB. Come on.

He's shown he's hot garbage.

better days
11-10-2014, 12:55 PM
This team would be 3-6 with EJ at QB. Come on.

He's shown he's hot garbage.

You DON'T know that.

His record before being benched was 2-2.

And I don't want to see ANY stats posted. They don't mean crap.

justasportsfan
11-10-2014, 01:27 PM
You DON'T know that.

I'm a big homer . what makes you a bigger Homer than I is that you tend to believe what a bills FO says. "Well Haley/Schwartz/Marrone/ said....."

Since Marrone benched Ej, I would believe that the coach thought that Ej couldn't win games thus I am going with Mr. Pink on this.

Sammy would be scared for his life and taking plays off as not to get hurt and Woods would still be banging the ball on the ground out of frustration for Ejs inaccuracy.

BTW, did you see Orton try his best to run for the first down?
Ej would have ran out of bounds do he wouldn't get hurt.

Did you see Alex Smith keep the ball and run for a TD? Ej would have given up the ball like he always does.

better days
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm a big homer . what makes you a bigger Homer than I is that you tend to believe what a bills FO says. "Well Haley/Schwartz/Marrone/ said....."

Since Marrone benched Ej, I would believe that the coach thought that Ej couldn't win games thus I am going with Mr. Pink on this.

Sammy would be scared for his life and taking plays off as not to get hurt and Woods would still be banging the ball on the ground out of frustration for Ejs inaccuracy.

BTW, did you see Orton try his best to run for the first down?
Ej would have ran out of bounds do he wouldn't get hurt.

Did you see Alex Smith keep the ball and run for a TD? Ej would have given up the ball like he always does.

Well, I saw Orton fail to get that first down running.

His best is not good enough.

I think EJ would have had a much better chance running for that first down.

And I have no faith that Marrone knows what the hell he is doing at this point.

Making Mike Williams, the second best WR on the team, inactive game after game proves that to me.

bdutton
11-10-2014, 02:14 PM

- - - Updated - - -

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z192/Def_Fit/how-about-no-bruce-lee_zps49fd8c7a.gif

djjimkelly
11-10-2014, 03:40 PM
i am adding in a post of mine from another thread to further explain my stance

ill explain my frustration.

we'll start with your list of on par qb's,

cam is an athlete who absolutly has no touch on the ball 75% of the time i actually think orton may be better but id rather watch cam

andy dalton = orton i almost wrote fitz lol

eli manning = 2 rings not a comparison but a very bad o line and very young wrs. we havent heard the last of eli

matt ryan is twice the qb orton could ever dream to be. his issues are he is the 2014 version bledsoe but better with a real bad O line

and flacco im sorry watch the ravens hes a stud! we would be 8-1 or 7-2 if he was the bills qb

as to orton being clutch im sorry we got very lucky on a 20 yard acrobatic catch by hogan against the vikings basically 1 good drive that game

vs detroit 1 good drive a great catch by sammy the ball was way behind sammy but he made a great catch then carpenter was CLUTCH hitting a 58 yarder

vs jets clutch lol we should have won 70-0 with the turnovers from jets but our ORTON LED offense with dream field position was still in a tight one at half

those are our 3 orton wins i think we have won in spite of orton.

and our bar here is so bad for qb that we are impressed that he isnt bouncing the ball on 10 yard outs.

hes not terrible but he isnt a difference maker in fact when its on him and just on him hes just not good and 4 shots from the 15 2 near picks another 2 so off and hogan was wide open over the middle clutch would make one of 4

https://rotogrinders.com/pages/Insid...erbacks-157758

that link is redzone qb rating and its doesnt include yesterdays game yet. orton's numbers arent good

we have a good team that has won in spite of whoever is at qb.

my thought is simple orton now has 5 games under his belt and truly his effect on the overall game is = to EJ call me crazy but ill go with youth who may learn (who also may not) and like ive stated before i disliked the EJ pick immensely but we need to know sooner then later about him

i just want a top 15 qb for real no stat that is known to man has orton as an overall top 15 qb

justasportsfan
11-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Well, I saw Orton fail to get that first down running.

His best is not good enough.

I think EJ would have had a much better chance running for that first down.

And I have no faith that Marrone knows what the hell he is doing at this point.

Making Mike Williams, the second best WR on the team, inactive game after game proves that to me.
Nobody said Orton had EJs mobility but at least he's trying. His best may not be good enough butvit definitely better than Ejs best. Ask Marrone

Na Ej would have chickened out and wouldve ran out of bounds so he doesn't get hurt.

IMO if Ej played like Orton did last Sunday, that would have been a very food game for Ej. But its a pipe dream to see Ej pull the trigger. He's a bad version of Trentative

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
You DON'T know that.

And I don't want to see ANY stats posted. They don't mean crap.

Wrong. We do know that. He ****ing blows.

YardRat
11-10-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm not going to read through the entire thread, but IMO keep EJ learning on the bench and ride with Orton the rest of the way out and see if he is worth re-signing after a bigger body of work. I wouldn't re-insert EJ until the Patriots game and if there is nothing on the line.

WagonCircler
11-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I would insert EJ immediately.

On the waiver wire.

djjimkelly
11-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm not going to read through the entire thread, but IMO keep EJ learning on the bench and ride with Orton the rest of the way out and see if he is worth re-signing after a bigger body of work. I wouldn't re-insert EJ until the Patriots game and if there is nothing on the line.

ok im genuinely curious why the patriots game lol the moment nothing is on the line should be time to see if EJ deserves a roster spot next year. and god help us orton is not the guy to build with

djjimkelly
11-10-2014, 08:16 PM
I would insert EJ immediately.

On the waiver wire.

couldnt care less wish they would cut them both and bring in 3 new ones next year till we find one

swiper
11-12-2014, 04:12 PM
couldnt care less wish they would cut them both and bring in 3 new ones next year till we find one

Manuel blows.

But Orton is #7 in the NFL in yards per game. Only 6 NFL QBs better. He's #9 in completion percentage. He's #14 in yards per attempt. So anyone who wants him cuts is purely ignorant.

better days
11-13-2014, 06:15 AM

Well, if the Bills lose to the Fins tonight their record will be 5-5.

Does anyone think the Bills can make the playoffs after being 5-5 with the schedule ahead?

Orton has a big body of work already. He is a proven mediocre journeyman QB.

I would like to see if EJ is worth keeping on the team next year after the playoff dreams end.

bdutton
11-13-2014, 06:19 AM
If the team gets to 8 losses then yeah... might as well put EJ back in.

better days
11-13-2014, 07:08 AM
If the team gets to 8 losses then yeah... might as well put EJ back in.

If the Bills don't win tonight, they won't be mathematically out of the playoffs, but will be out for all intents & purposes.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Well, if the Bills lose to the Fins tonight their record will be 5-5.

Does anyone think the Bills can make the playoffs after being 5-5 with the schedule ahead?

Orton has a big body of work already. He is a proven mediocre journeyman QB.

I would like to see if EJ is worth keeping on the team next year after the playoff dreams end.

I can understand your point here, but IMO even if we are eliminated I'd rather play Orton down the stretch because A) I'd like to see our wideouts develop but mostly B) I'm petulant enough that I don't want the team to crater and give Cleveland a higher pick.

Albany,n.y.
11-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Manuel blows.

But Orton is #7 in the NFL in yards per game. Only 6 NFL QBs better. He's #9 in completion percentage. He's #14 in yards per attempt. So anyone who wants him cuts is purely ignorant.

It's not a question of cutting him-Orton has the option to opt out of next year & could use it to get a long term contract. Do you really want to see another Fitzpatrick-like extension on another journeyman? If he opts out & wants a big contract, screw him & move on to a new veteran QB. If he's willing to go into next season (with the possibility of new coaching, especially OC if not HC) & willing to let his play determine a contract extension before free agency in March, then he can stay.
It doesn't matter much to me if EJ hangs around as a 2nd or 3rd stringer next year or not-he's toast as far as ever being the long term answer for he Bills. However, If I was running things the only way I'd bring him back would be if Orton leaves & I'm planning on using my 2016 1st rounder on a QB and trying to position the team better in the draft.

better days
11-13-2014, 08:44 AM
I can understand your point here, but IMO even if we are eliminated I'd rather play Orton down the stretch because A) I'd like to see our wideouts develop but mostly B) I'm petulant enough that I don't want the team to crater and give Cleveland a higher pick.

Well, if the Bills do crator, the Bills will also pick higher in the rnds they have a pick in.

Even with EJ at QB, the Bills should win 7-8 games.

And we will never know. EJ might have won that game against the Chiefs.

The Bills scored more than 13 points with EJ at QB.

djjimkelly
11-13-2014, 08:48 AM
ive thought about this all week.

orton does give us the best chance to win he should play while we have a mathematical chance.

immediately upon elimination EJ should start immediately, i know management still have EJ in their long term plans im 90% sure.

the sooner he fails the sooner a new QB plan will be born i know people dont want to hear this but this is reality

IlluminatusUIUC
11-13-2014, 08:52 AM
Well, if the Bills do crator, the Bills will also pick higher in the rnds they have a pick in.

Even with EJ at QB, the Bills should win 7-8 games.

And we will never know. EJ might have won that game against the Chiefs.

The Bills scored more than 13 points with EJ at QB.

And Orton might have won that game against the Texans. We can do the what if game all day.

Albany,n.y.
11-13-2014, 09:14 AM
And Orton might have won that game against the Texans. We can do the what if game all day.

Let's bring back Flutie would have won the Titans game & if Buddy Nix wasn't a moron, Kaepernick would be starting tonight for the Bills & we'd be the 5 point favorite.

djjimkelly
11-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Let's bring back Flutie would have won the Titans game & if Buddy Nix wasn't a moron, Kaepernick would be starting tonight for the Bills & we'd be the 5 point favorite.

lol why dont we take even 1 step further if we didnt trade our 1st to dallas for losman the next year we would have had aaron rodgers on the board the following year lol

better days
11-13-2014, 09:27 AM
lol why dont we take even 1 step further if we didnt trade our 1st to dallas for losman the next year we would have had aaron rodgers on the board the following year lol

Well, we can take it another step further.

If the Bills didn't trade Lamonica to the Raiders, the Bills might have won a Super Bowl back at the time of the merger.

djjimkelly
11-13-2014, 09:16 PM
im sorry but it couldnt be worse then tonight

what a shame this D doesnt have close to an nfl qb or O coordinator

and EJ could not possibly be worse at least he could run for it sometimes

LVGrown
11-13-2014, 09:33 PM
im sorry but it couldnt be worse then tonight

what a shame this D doesnt have close to an nfl qb or O coordinator

and EJ could not possibly be worse at least he could run for it sometimes

Agreed ... EJ was pulled for playing better than Orton has these last 2 games. So ****ing frustrating watching this bull****. If they aren't pulling Orton then Hackett needs to go. Someone has to take the blame for ****ting the bed.

TacklingDummy
11-14-2014, 05:50 AM
Time to put the EJ machine in.

2 things can happen...

1) he miraculous improves.

2) Cleveland gets better 1st and 4th round pick. The ones Buffalo used to move up for a WR that won't do much with the QB situation Buffalo has.

better days
11-14-2014, 06:15 AM
Time to put the EJ machine in.

2 things can happen...

1) he miraculous improves.

2) Cleveland gets better 1st and 4th round pick. The ones Buffalo used to move up for a WR that won't do much with the QB situation Buffalo has.

EJ can't play any worse than Orton did the last two games.

I would rather lose with EJ than with Orton, but at this point I think the Bills have a better chance to win with EJ than they do with Orton.

Bill Cody
11-14-2014, 09:42 AM

I would rather lose with EJ than with Orton, but at this point I think the Bills have a better chance to win with EJ than they do with Orton.

I expect Orton to play against the Jets. If he loses that game there's no reason to keep him in. Might as well see if Manuel has anything to build on.

djjimkelly
11-14-2014, 09:56 AM

i had this thought in the second half of the chiefs game.

and whats sad i heard a sound clip of marrone saying he hasnt thought of making a move at qb

X-Era
11-14-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd like to see the Bills not be fickle and look at the bigger picture. Orton is not a super bowl or even playoff caliber QB. They should be in evaluation and development mode on building or finding the guy who is.

I'm not convinced benching EJ helped him grow and it certainly didn't help give us the final answer on whether he can be all we need at QB. Marrone did what he did for trying to win now. But unfortunately Orton won't get us there either. So we may have shot ourselves in the foot by further putting off finding the long term answer.

Forward_Lateral
11-14-2014, 10:23 AM
I'd like to see the Bills not be fickle and look at the bigger picture. Orton is not a super bowl or even playoff caliber QB. They should be in evaluation and development mode on building or finding the guy who is.

I'm not convinced benching EJ helped him grow and it certainly didn't help give us the final answer on whether he can be all we need at QB. Marrone did what he did for trying to win now. But unfortunately Orton won't get us there either. So we may have shot ourselves in the foot by further putting off finding the long term answer.

I don't know how anyone in the world with two working eyes could possibly have thought EJ was ready to play in the NFL. Do you think a few weeks watching and he's suddenly going to be?

He needs to sit, watch and learn for the rest of the season. He should be out there throwing passes every day until his arm is ready to fall off, working on his accuracy.

I'm not ruling out he could still be the future QB, but putting him in now would just be stupid, and counter-productive.

X-Era
11-14-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't know how anyone in the world with two working eyes could possibly have thought EJ was ready to play in the NFL. Do you think a few weeks watching and he's suddenly going to be?

He needs to sit, watch and learn for the rest of the season. He should be out there throwing passes every day until his arm is ready to fall off, working on his accuracy.

I'm not ruling out he could still be the future QB, but putting him in now would just be stupid, and counter-productive.
How is developing a QB in real games counter-productive? He needs to do more than work on accuracy. He also needs to make faster and better decisions.

We need to come to a conclusion on whether EJ is the long term answer ASAP. I'm not convinced the Bills have decided he's not yet. And since Orton is not the answer you might as well get going on developing EJ.

The better question is this: How long should EJs benching continue? When should he again start? And what is the trigger that we're looking for to say "hes ready" to start him again?

Mr. Pink
11-14-2014, 10:53 AM
We are running a college based spread offense most of the time with some read option, even if EJ never kept it, when Manuel was playing. What's to learn by sitting on the bench?

The things EJ needs to learn are accuracy and the speed of the game. Both he failed and failed miserably. The accuracy isn't surprising since he wasn't coachable at FSU on that either. He needed to play to learn those.

He'll never start another NFL game barring Orton injury.

Forward_Lateral
11-15-2014, 09:12 AM
How is developing a QB in real games counter-productive? He needs to do more than work on accuracy. He also needs to make faster and better decisions.

We need to come to a conclusion on whether EJ is the long term answer ASAP. I'm not convinced the Bills have decided he's not yet. And since Orton is not the answer you might as well get going on developing EJ.

The better question is this: How long should EJs benching continue? When should he again start? And what is the trigger that we're looking for to say "hes ready" to start him again?

Accuracy is the number one thing he should be working on. That's the problem with EJ. He doesn't have NFL caliber accuracy. He can learn to read a defense quickly and make the best decisions in the world. If he can't hit open WRs every time, he has no business being on the field. Sorry.

better days
11-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Accuracy is the number one thing he should be working on. That's the problem with EJ. He doesn't have NFL caliber accuracy. He can learn to read a defense quickly and make the best decisions in the world. If he can't hit open WRs every time, he has no business being on the field. Sorry.

EJ lacks consistency, not accuracy.

At times EJ has been very accurate....other times, not so much.

The Jokeman
11-15-2014, 09:27 AM

One has to wonder WHAT IF the Buffalo Bills drafted Rob Johnson instead of Todd Collins in 1995 how the history of QBs post Jim Kelly history would have changed.

djjimkelly
11-16-2014, 07:34 AM

great post ill add in one more thing i mentioned it to someone else on this board last week. and also heard takeo spikes preaching it on sirius radio.

ANTICIPATION u cannot work on this sittin gon the bench. now i can argue you either have this or you dont. i know our 10 year guy who is supposed to be cerebral doesnt have it. i doubt ej does but the 10 year guy besides a couple feel good victories i dont see a positive,

Figster
11-16-2014, 08:42 AM
I like the idea of EJ getting the team back at 500, the same as it was when he lost it.

We have a whole career to go on with Kyle Orton, hes a 500 QB and has proved it long term and also this season with the Bills.

Evaluate EJ and get on with the QB search,

DAMN!!!