• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Lost due to Coaching and Fumbles

First problem is coaching:

1. 1st and 10 in the red zone with less than 4 minutes to go and we take 3 shots at the Endzone...WHY?

You want to score slowly not fast. What was the friggin rush? Then you take another Endzone shot on 4th?

2. Why not take the easy FG and then put the D back in with 2:45 left and 3 TOs? Again bad call.

3. Why rush 3 on 3rd and 8????? Our 4 man rush was killing them and you send 3 ?if anything send 5 you idiot. Schwartz loses all respect for that call no matter what happened the rest of the game.

Crap from Mckelvin. Crap from Brown although he looked good.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 11-09-2014, 02:37 PM.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lost due to Coaching and Fumbles

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
    First problem is coaching:

1. 1st and 10 in the red zone with less than 4 minutes to go and we take 3 shots at the Endzone...WHY?

You want to score slowly not fast. What was the friggin rush? Then you take another Endzone shot on 4th?

2. Why not take the easy FG and then put the D back in with 2:45 left and 3 TOs? Again bad call.

3. Why rush 3 on 3rd and 8????? Our 4 man rush was killing them and you send 3 ?if anything send 5 you idiot. Schwartz loses all respect for that call no matter what happened the rest of the game.

Crap from Mckelvin. Crap from Brown although he looked good.
    You can't blame just the coaching on #1. There were a number of routes called short of the endzone as well, that was mostly Orton making the decision pre-snap and never looking off his primary.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Terrible decision to pass twice with 2nd and 2 from the 3. Did it again and 2nd and two at our 38. The 4 play calls to end the game were awful. Ortons execution was worse

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I agree on all points, except hanging Schwartz for one call.

Also, I know this really isn't on the refs, but just once I'd like to see a game not affected by calls. They let the players play almost all day, but the false start on Henderson, the OPI on Chandler, and non-call on hitting Hogan late out of bounds were just frustrating. That's three first downs taken away at critical points of the game and the flags thrown were ticky-tack at best.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Discotrish
          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
          • Nov 2003

Now I know how the liberals felt last week.

Gah!

One big issue I had with the playcalling -- four passes to the endzone from the TWENTY? What's wrong with trying to get a first down using higher percentage plays? Not to mention the fact that we needed to take time off the clock.

Patti
          Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Orton was definitely off, especially late.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post

I agree with everything other than this. The defense and Schwartz were absolutely awesome all game; you cannot blame them, and you certainly cannot deny respect to them.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Forget about all that, game was over as soon as McFumbles did his thing.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

Hackett called a far better game, at least in the running game then he has.

I don't have any problem with them going for it on 4th. Its still a 4 point game.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                    Hackett called a far better game, at least in the running game then he has.

I don't have any problem with them going for it on 4th. Its still a 4 point game.
                    It was encouraging to see some different plays added during the bye week, especially the shovel pass (I still consider that a run, definition be damned), and not surprising that they could be somewhat effective.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

Should have gone on 4th more often, that's my biggest issue with the coaching. Orton was below average, he didn't scan the field well. Hogan wide open late in the game and he panicked. Fumbles did us in for sure, can't turn the ball over like that.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

I just dont understand why we abandoned the running game in the 4th quarter when we did so well running in the 3rd
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          It was encouraging to see some different plays added during the bye week, especially the shovel pass (I still consider that a run, definition be damned), and not surprising that they could be somewhat effective.
                          He called an off tackle run AND a screen pass in the same series! The people we were watching the game with looked at me funny when I was saying "He ran wide! He ran wide!"

Comment

• paladin warrior
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Bills should have won . RB fumble inside the red zone .RB should have hold the ball.!!! .

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                              • Feb 2009

I don't care what anyone says, this loss is on Bryce Brown. He absolutely disgusts me, we literally could have ran away with this one. Not only did he cost us 7 points, he cost us all the momentum we could have asked for in this game. I have been optimistic for far too long. This one pisses me off more then any loss in the last few years. So I'm not going to be reasonable. Brown is to blame and he should not play another down for weeks!

Comment

Working...
                              X