PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Goats

Novacane
11-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Balls Dareus Pay the man

Goats Manny Lawson. Suckered inside on both KC touchdowns

Hackett. Run the ball on 2nd and short from the 3 yd line.

Orton Accuracy was EJ like today.

casdhf
11-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Wasn't Maronne calling plays today?

swiper
11-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Goat - Marrone

Famous Amos
11-09-2014, 04:25 PM
balls:
Dareus
Hughes
K. Williams
M. Williams
Bradham

O Line
Token White Receiver
Punter
Offense from 20-20
Corey Graham- dude is money on special teams and needs more time on defense

Goats
Offense inside the 20
running game- improved but didnt make a difference
McKelvin- damnit man, you didnt deserve your front lawn being desecrated back then and not now either but come on.

Im stuck on Hackett-He made some calls out of character. Saw some runs that were successful on the outside. I think KCs defense dictated what the Bills did on offense and the dared Buffalo to pass with poor results. One of his better called games but the offense didnt execute well.

Its a game where expectations were valid, the teams were on equal ground, and you hoped the Bills would come out on top.

Scumbag College
11-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Balls- Dareus, Hogan.

Goats- Brown, McFumbles, First half offensive execution, second half playcalling (Seriously...48 passes vs. 22 runs all game. Bills averaged 5.0 per run.)

Novacane
11-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Wasn't Maronne calling plays today?

The dork in the booth kept saying that. I don't think so. We'd of heard something about that

ServoBillieves
11-09-2014, 04:39 PM
"Doug Marrone is from the Sean Payton school of coaching"

Jesus Christ I wanted to jump through my computer if he said that one more time.

UltimateBillsFan
11-09-2014, 04:46 PM
If I had a dollar for every over the middle crossing route to Robert Woods in the end zone that Orton had today, I'd have three dollars. Also overthrew Chandler in the corner on the 3rd and 2 play. The reads were there for Orton, he just missed it. Hackett's play calls in those situations gave Orton a chance to make a routine throw to help us win the game, but he could not do it today. But the "don't lose this game" mentality that we play by on fourth and shorts NEEDS to go if we ever expect to be a playoff team.

Typ0
11-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I have defended Hacket every single week and today he really let me down and pointed out I have been wrong. I just don't understand that series of downs with Orton throwing times in the red zone near the end of the game but with plenty of time on the clock. Orton was not having a good day either and he had a chance to score in those four downs but didn't. Still, why play to run the way we have and then run all over KC only to not run the ball in that situation? I can't leave the fumbles out of the goat discussion but hacket can have a truckload of goats in today's big deal...

The game ball goes to the whole defense. Those guys are amazing. I can't even express how they perform week in and week out...and KC is a pretty good team. Too bad we can't beat pretty good teams.

YardRat
11-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Balls--
The entire dline except Lawson.
Freddie and Sammy for suiting up, and they probably shouldn't have.

Goats--
McKelvin
Orton
Lawson

Goat's balls--(kinda in the middle)---
The oline--they played better today, but still some breakdowns.
Hackett--called a good game for the most part, but too heavy pass...liked some of the run plays plugged in.
Brown--really good game, horrible fumble.

don137
11-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Balls- defensive line, Spikes, Hogan and Schmidt.

Goats- McKelvin, Wood, Brown, Chandler and all receivers who dropped balls (Gragg, Smith and Woods).

coastal
11-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Balls - Dareus, Cordy Glenn, Bradham

Goats - Preston Brown, Kyle Orton, Hackett, Lawson

The Jokeman
11-09-2014, 05:47 PM

Come on Mario deserved some love as much as you hate him he really stepped up today.

coastal
11-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Come on Mario deserved some love as much as you hate him he really stepped up today.
Do you actually watch?

if first contact appears to be a stalemate... he dances from side to side. It's pitiful.

He isnt a warrior and or and wouldn't get a ball from me until he earns it.

dareus was the SOLE reason our defensive line went off today. He's unblockable.

Novacane
11-09-2014, 06:23 PM

No. He was ok as usual but he's being paid to be great.

The Jokeman
11-09-2014, 06:28 PM
No. He was ok as usual but he's being paid to be great.

If you think our D-line wouldn't be as dominating as it as without Mario part of it you really need to look harder.

Novacane
11-09-2014, 06:34 PM
If you think our D-line wouldn't be as dominating as it as without Mario part of it you really need to look harder.

Did I say that? No I didn't. I said he doesn't produce anywhere near what he's being paid.

The Jokeman
11-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Did I say that? No I didn't. I said he doesn't produce anywhere near what he's being paid.

yet he's contribution help make Hughes as valuable as he's been and to a degree Dareus too.

Novacane
11-09-2014, 06:51 PM
You want him to get love today. For what? Getting a sack because Duke Williams chased Smith out of the pocket into Mario who had been blocked? I don't recall hearing his name called the rest of the day.

The Jokeman
11-09-2014, 06:53 PM
You want him to get love today. For what? Getting a sack because Duke Williams chased Smith out of the pocket into Mario who had been blocked? I don't recall hearing his name called the rest of the day.

He got some pressure that lead to at least one of Hughes' sacks. Also I think on the whole the D played a stellar game. A damn shame McKelvin's fumble ruined it.

YardRat
11-09-2014, 08:42 PM

Just out of curiosity, why Preston Brown?

jimmifli
11-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Hughes seems to have spent the bye week learning an inside move. What a monster game.

RedEyE
11-09-2014, 08:52 PM
I label Robert Woods a goat. Early in the game drops a pass that hits him in tkhe hands that would have been a 1st down on the KC39. Instead they're forced to punt.

Orton gets a goat for cosecutive bad passes into the endzone to Watkins and Hogan on the 2nd to last drive. Get the ball up and give the reciever a chance.

McKelvin is terrible.

The OL actually looked better than normal.

The D is a beast but giving up a 40 yd TD on a 4th and 1?

Byrce Brown is a lesser talented CJ Spiller?

Red Zone play calling is atrocious. Remember when Fred used to run over folks?

Marrone's hat = goat...or maybe goat ball sack. At any rate it looked like a deflated bag of something on his head.

coastal
11-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Just out of curiosity, why Preston Brown?
The two longest runs by Charles were right through his gap that he overran and got washed out of.

Same play both times.

swiper
11-10-2014, 04:19 AM
Preston Brown again lead all tacklers.

RedEyE
11-10-2014, 05:02 AM
The two longest runs by Charles were right through his gap that he overran and got washed out of.

Same play both times.

That 4th and 1 burn to the endzone was on Manny Lawson. He punched the rush inside and didn't set the edge.

RedEyE
11-10-2014, 05:16 AM
I also goat Goodwin's ability to stay healthy. Has he ever been healthy more than two consecutive games?

TacklingDummy
11-10-2014, 05:32 AM
Goat:

Brown

If he doesn't fumble in the endzone the score is 20-3, the route is on. That fumble changed the whole game.

coastal
11-10-2014, 06:07 AM
That 4th and 1 burn to the endzone was on Manny Lawson. He punched the rush inside and didn't set the edge.im talking about the two interior runs.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 06:58 AM
Goat:

Brown

If he doesn't fumble in the endzone the score is 20-3, the route is on. That fumble changed the whole game.

Agreed.

But what few people consider here is that we've now won at least two games with other teams playing like that against us. We can't expect to win 6 games like that and not lose any like that, it's an unreasonable expectation.

Just sayin'. I just don't think that most people realize to what extent TOs, and timely and nicely placed ones, have allowed us to win games instead of good solid offensive production. This team is averaging the exact same amoung of ppg as last season, and we've scored over 23 points only twice, against the Jets and Fins.

Historian
11-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Goats:

McKelvin and Brown. Costly turnovers
Hackett. Running all over the Chiefs D, then go into passing mode in the red zone. I don't get it. I run until they figure out a way to stop me.
Marrone. I would have kicked the FG and put the game back in the Defense's hands.

Balls:

Darius

Ref Report: The penalty on 4th and 4 inches really hurt us. You have to let a guy breath when he's in his stance....maybe even fart. If that were Peyton Manning behind center yelling Omaha, they would have never called that penalty. Sad, because this loss pretty much seals our fate.

Well, it was a fun nine weeks while it lasted.

bdutton
11-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Balls Dareus Pay the man

Goats Manny Lawson. Suckered inside on both KC touchdowns

Hackett. Run the ball on 2nd and short from the 3 yd line.

Orton Accuracy was EJ like today.

To be fair, Orton threw 3-4 balls into the ground on screens that had no chance at a play and were the right thing to do or take a loss or turnover.

don137
11-10-2014, 07:39 AM
To be fair, Orton threw 3-4 balls into the ground on screens that had no chance at a play and were the right thing to do or take a loss or turnover.

I had no problem with Orton throwing ball in ground. The Chiefs sniffed out the play so he basically threw the ball away. Better that than what Manuel would of done and throw a pick (I.e Watt Int for a TD).