PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of former Bills OCs

CommissarSpartacus
11-10-2014, 09:57 AM
It was fun watching Aaron Rogers throw 6 TDs IN THE FIRST HALF, yesterday against the Bears, and it was probably extra-sweet for ex-Bills OC and current Packers OC, Tom Clements, who was up for the Bears HC job after they canned Lovie Smith, only to be passed over for Marc Trestman.

Clements, for those who remember, is the only Bills OC to have coached a winning team in the 21st century.

He got canned because he didn't think JP Losman was a competent NFL QB and said so, prompting Ralph to insist at the end of the year that Mularkey had to fire Clements if he wanted to keep his job.

One of the stupidest decisions in Bills history.

Clements is a brilliant guy with a life long run of success, other than the Losman fiasco.

Of course, history proved him right there too...

SpikedLemonade
11-10-2014, 10:09 AM
If Marrone gets canned, I would welcome Tom Clements as the Bills Head Coach.

There must be some red flag on his resume however since he is not moving up the ranks despite his success.

CommissarSpartacus
11-10-2014, 10:15 AM
If Marrone gets canned, I would welcome Tom Clements as the Bills Head Coach.

There must be some red flag on his resume however since he is not moving up the ranks despite his success.

He's too smart. What GM wants to hire a first time HC that intimidates the guy who hired him?

He didn't go after the Bears job very hard, he's my age and from what I read is the highest paid OC in the league, and he gets to work with a guy he's groomed his whole career, Aaron Rogers.

I think at this point it'd have to be a pretty sweet offer to get him to move...