PDA

View Full Version : Enough doom and gloom, still in it.

HAMMER
11-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Quit the crying you pantywaists, Bills are still right in the thick of the race.

Chiefs, Chargers, KC, Cleveland, Bengals, Pitt all have a long way to go and tough schedules as well. It's all about who gets hot at the right time. We lost a tough one yesterday in familiar fashion but showed we are a solid team. Our two best offensive players were undoubtedly compromised. Those of you crying about the coaching need to get a clue, they put us in position to win and players didn't make the plays. Time to rally behind your team and look toward Thursday Night. If we lose that one then you can cry because the road will be long and uphill.

I don't want to hear all of your statistical BS Felch, shove it up your azz and save it for another thread. You barely show up when we win but can't wait to pounce when we lose, piss off.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2014, 10:31 AM
We have close to the weakest 5-4 record you could have. We lose on tiebreakers to nearly all of our competition for the Wildcard. Now, obviously we could get crazy hot, but we also have three buzzsaw games in December against the hottest QBs in football.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
I was just looking over Miami's D, I had no idea that it was that good. It's about as good as ours and KC's.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Quit the crying you pantywaists, Bills are still right in the thick of the race.

Chiefs, Chargers, KC, Cleveland, Bengals, Pitt all have a long way to go and tough schedules as well. It's all about who gets hot at the right time. We lost a tough one yesterday in familiar fashion but showed we are a solid team. Our two best offensive players were undoubtedly compromised. Those of you crying about the coaching need to get a clue, they put us in position to win and players didn't make the plays. Time to rally behind your team and look toward Thursday Night. If we lose that one then you can cry because the road will be long and uphill.

I don't want to hear all of your statistical BS Felch, shove it up your azz and save it for another thread. You barely show up when we win but can't wait to pounce when we lose, piss off.

pantywaists

I think you meant pantywastes. Then again, maybe not.

"shove it up your azz"?

What's the matter Hammer, starting to feel that your over the top harrassing of me and others here is starting to make you look bad?

djjimkelly
11-10-2014, 10:51 AM

i agree we still have a chance and should go all out to try and make it happen. in fact i like bufalo vs miami alot this week. but as another poster has stated we have lost to the chargers and the chiefs we will not beat them by 1 game and have a horrific afc record.

in the end GO BILLS

trapezeus
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM
pantywaists

"shove it up your azz"?

What's the matter Hammer, starting to feel that your over the top harrassing of me and others here is starting to make you look bad?

no one harasses you. you say stupid stuff and it's pointed out.

as for the doom and gloom to the Op's point, it's hard to not think this looks like every other year's collapse. we failed to win a home game with a 10 pt lead going into the 4th. We squandered field possession time and time again.

now they have to travel a short week to miami. it's not even miami i am worried about. it's the fact its a thursday road game. We lose that, then the talk becomes how if so and so loses we still have a chance.

it's a shame we have a defense that may be at its peak and an offense that it so poorly coached that our QB gets hit a lot, our WR drop a lot of passes, we fumble a lot, and we take a lot of penalties. alone, each item is hard to blame on the coaches, but in aggregate, these fall on hackett and marrone to clean up.

CoolBreeze
11-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Indeed we are! Yesterday was awful, just so painful. Watching your team lose is one thing, but watching them beat themselves is a whole different level of frustrating. It's like yesterday even towards the 2nd half we were jogging to the playoffs, then decided to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I sounded off twice on Bryce Brown, which of course was wrong and emotionally driven. Thankfully I kept my temper in check without cursing out the whole team. Because we're still not in bad shape at all. The panic is due to most people believing we have no chance to beat even one of the following GB, DEN, and NE. When truth be told a big win can happen any given sunday.

We're lucky in my opinion. This game was painful, it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. But we have a short week and less time that we have to dwell on it. At 5-4 we are still in great position to make a playoff run, the fans including myself were just blinded by anger for a few hours. 3 days and 7 1/2 hours until our next game. Yesterday will heal quick, especially if we beat the Dolphins. Which I believe we will

JohnnyGold
11-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Context: as you can see, teams with 5 wins and 4 losses make the playoffs 52% of the time...
Beat the Dolphins to get to 6-4, and the odds we make the playoffs jumps to 62%.
Beat the Jets, to get to 704, and our odds (historically) of making the playoffs are up to 71%.

If you had told me going into the next 3 games, we'd go 2-1, I'd take it.

Everyone needs to stop wallowing in it and start getting excited to play in prime time.

What's Sammy's status? Is he getting healthier, or did he get dinged up yesterday?

Jets game should be a cakewalk, let's go Buffalo.
http://i.imgur.com/CQ0w49O.jpg?1

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Jets game should be a cakewalk,

-Signed Pittsburgh Steelers, Saturday November 8th, 2014.

JohnnyGold
11-10-2014, 11:34 AM
-Signed Pittsburgh Steelers, Saturday November 8th, 2014.

Maybe we're *gasp* better than the Steelers?

Maybe, over the course of 16 games, losses to teams like San Diego, Kansas City, and New England will be put into context?

Maybe it's fun to watch the Bills and root for them to win?

signed, a Bills fan.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Maybe we're *gasp* better than the Steelers?

Maybe, over the course of 16 games, losses to teams like San Diego, Kansas City, and New England will be put into context?

Maybe it's fun to watch the Bills and root for them to win?

signed, a Bills fan.

I never said we should give up on the season, but to pretend we're still in the thick of the playoff race is wrong. We are very much on the outside looking in and our record is weaker then it looks. Can we get in? Sure, the Chargers were 4-6 at this point last year and 1-5 in the conference. But they required a whole hell of a lot of bounces to sniff the playoffs and so do we.

Uncle Jesse
11-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Cleveland probably has the easiest schedule in the NFL.

We have 4 losses. Denver, New England and Green Bay still to go. Playoffs are quite a reach at this point.

Pinkerton Security
11-10-2014, 11:59 AM
pantywaists

"shove it up your azz"?

gloating after a loss? This is why people cant stand your posts.

Mr. Pink
11-10-2014, 12:02 PM
This team needs to beat either Denver or New England, lose to Green Bay and win every other game to have a chance at making the playoffs. Unsure if 10-6 while being 7-5 in conference gets them in but it's possible. Considering the loss to the Chiefs and Chargers who will be competition to that spot and then teams like Pittsburgh who are already 5-3 in conference.

I don't think they have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Denver, New England or Green Bay but they need to steal one of the conference wins. That's what losses like the Houston and KC lose do to you, they force you into beating a much harder opponent.

A loss to Miami or Cleveland likely end any playoff possibility.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 12:02 PM
as for the doom and gloom to the Op's point, it's hard to not think this looks like every other year's collapse. we failed to win a home game with a 10 pt lead going into the 4th. We squandered field possession time and time again.

now they have to travel a short week to miami. it's not even miami i am worried about. it's the fact its a thursday road game. We lose that, then the talk becomes how if so and so loses we still have a chance.

Miami has the same short week and was in Detroit. I'd say it's even there.

They also lost Brandon Albert, presumably you saw that, which is also to our advantage.

As to the doom and gloom, what I and a lot of OP's here have serious issues with is that if just two games ago it had been brought up that perhaps we were overrating our team simply because of a QB change, those having suggested that were slandered and slammed no matter how civilly they attempted to discuss the matter. Now all of a sudden it's OK to discuss an immiment collapse?

I think that gap in attitude here has many posters and lurkers frustrated. There are plenty of things to discuss regarding this team in terms of what the issues are. There are more issues than positive things, so why is it that if more negatives are discussed than positives it's always a problem?

"doom and gloom." Things are what they are and have been what they're becoming. The season long performance of this team is not difficult to predict. When you have overrated coaching it all starts there. It's instantly an uphill battle for .500 much less any better under such circumstances.

As unpopular as it may be, I'll strongly suggest now that by season's end our passing D isn't even sniffing top-10 status. It will have been more a testimony to the lousy passing teams we've faced contrasted with some much better ones rather than for some sort of inexplicable reason.

As to Thursday's game, I think that's one of our two most winnable remaining games right now with the other being the Jets.

HAMMER
11-10-2014, 12:13 PM
pantywaists

"shove it up your azz"?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pantywaist

DesertFox24
11-10-2014, 12:13 PM
We are 5-4 and play the phins. Yesterday was yesterday marrone and team are getting better. Let's rout for a win. Then right back to where we said we had to be 1-1 before KC and phins game.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 12:14 PM
gloating after a loss? This is why people cant stand your posts.

Gloating? Is that really what you're reducing yourself to?

Not sure what your definition is but I hardly have been gloating. Look, I know that you and many others don't like me, fine, I have no issues with that, but can you guys at least be honest about what I say and how I post? Gloating? Come on now.

I seriously look for serious posts to respond to and post hoping to get an honest argument or discussion in return. There are reasons why that doesn't go over well.

I promised Lechter a few things a couple weeks back and to a post, with possibly one validated exception, I've honored what I said I'd do. Unfortunately that hasn't changed anything here. You guys just love a whipping boy and fine, I'm happy to be that person. But again, how about just keeping it honest. If you did so, then maybe you and your cohorts would find much less to complain about.

Watkins for example, I never said he sucked or wasn't good, my entire position since we drafted him was that we'd be regretting the means we used to get him. That is hardly unproven at this time. Yet, everyone knows I'm wrong. That's not honest.

I for one don't enjoy discussing other posters, I enjoy discussing the team. Sorry that so many of you have trouble with that.

Unfortunately, and as it slowly plays out, the opinions that you and others have had issues with seem to be validating themselves. I'm sorry about that, but it's really not my fault.

This is not a good team. Once again our rushing D allowed below average rushing for the third time in as many weeks. You're going to see this D regress significantly over the remainder of the season, that's just the way it's going to be. Then by season's end when we no longer have a top-10 D or rushing D maybe it will have become evident enough that most people overrated this team again going into this season.

The issue is what happens for next season? ... without a 1st round draft pick and no good options for a QB in free agency?

The forum battle is going to be between those supporting Whaley and those realizing that we're in the position that we're in because of him.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 12:18 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pantywaist

Once again, you're wrong.

http://thebookliberationproject.wordpress.com/2010/04/15/pantywaste-vs-pantywaist/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=panty+waste

Do you have anything football related, or are you just going to comment on me the entire week, again?

HAMMER
11-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Well I stand corrected, the Urban Dictionary must be correct.

I will likely continue to HAMMER you as I see fit, at least when you deserve it, which is nearly all the time.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Well I stand corrected, the Urban Dictionary must be correct.

I will likely continue to HAMMER you as I see fit, at least when you deserve it, which is nearly all the time.

That's fine, but while your cluttering up the forum with your personal dislikes for me, for the record, let's just note that you're using the forum to attack me personally when I've done nothing of the sort to you.

If that's how you see fit to conduct yourself as an adult, please, by all means, feel free. All I ask is that at least you be man enough to not quote me as saying things that I never said nor that I believe, like I'm not a Bills fan, or I said Watkins would suck, or how I root for our opponents when you've never even attended or watched a single game with me nor even know where I watch them or who with, etc.

Also, feel free to give me some credit when credit is due. I realize that this won't be in keeping with your agenda and therefore will not happen, so I won't expect that, but again, for the record.

In the meantime, yeah, feel free to make this place your personal griping grounds for other people and having nothing to do with the team. Pardon me however while I try to keep the conversations actually about football related topics.

And yeah, urban dictionary. I didn't realize that the term was a formal part of old English speech and used widely throughout academia. Seems to me that the average person would realize that it's nothing but a colloquialism.

chris66
11-10-2014, 12:37 PM
bills can only afford to lose two more games one of them has to be to green Bay

HAMMER
11-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Says the Master of Forum Clutter, I'm done, I need to earn a living so I can pay my mortgage. Not all of us can spend the entire day repeating our agendas from Mom's basement.

JohnnyGold
11-10-2014, 12:38 PM
I never said we should give up on the season, but to pretend we're still in the thick of the playoff race is wrong. We are very much on the outside looking in and our record is weaker then it looks. Can we get in? Sure, the Chargers were 4-6 at this point last year and 1-5 in the conference. But they required a whole hell of a lot of bounces to sniff the playoffs and so do we.

Half a game back, with 7 to play.

Come on man. I mean, COME ON.

I'm guessing you're under the age of.... 28? And have never followed a "playoff race" as an adult?

Mr. Pink
11-10-2014, 12:42 PM
bills can only afford to lose two more games one of them has to be to green Bay

You said the same thing as me in less words. I should have gone for that approach. :rofl:

OpIv37
11-10-2014, 12:50 PM

I'm guessing you're under the age of.... 28? And have never followed a "playoff race" as an adult?

You are being short-sighted. Technically it may only be a half game, but every other team competing for the WC has a tiebreaker on us in terms of head to head or conf record.

So, somehow we have to get a full game ahead of them while playing GB, Denver and NE. And the only real gimme on the schedule is the Jets. We've already beaten Miami but this team struggles in night games. Oakland sucks but it's an away game and this team historically struggles on west coast trips.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2014, 01:01 PM

Durrrr, did you notice the mention of San Diego literally three sentences later? Do you remember what it took for them to get in?

1) A total collapse by Miami, including losses in consecutive weeks to Thad Lewis and Geno Smith
2) A collapse by Baltimore, including a 50 attempt 3 int meltdown in Cincy to close out the year.
3) Only 5 other teams in the conference finishing with a winning record.
4) A blown call of the final play of regulation in an elimination game: http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/12/30/nfl-admits-refs-erred-in-chiefs-chargers-game-as-blown-call-potentially-cost-steelers-playoff-spot/

We have blown our chances to build a strong tiebreaking record. Now we need to get to 10 wins to have any sort of realistic chance, and we still have three hall of fame QBs on the schedule.

Jimbuktu
11-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Hey, maybe we get New England resting their starters in week 17!

We can make up for the JV Steelers loss in 2004. Belichick would probably let us win since he feels he owns us and would be able to easily dispatch us if we were to meet in the playoffs.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 01:11 PM

We can make up for the JV Steelers loss in 2004. Belichick would probably let us win since he feels he owns us and would be able to easily dispatch us if we were to meet in the playoffs.

Belicheat doesn't have a history of resting his starters, even in meaningful blowouts midseason.

Historian
11-10-2014, 02:52 PM
I don't really believe the season is completely over,but the margin for error just got wayyyyy slimmer, with four conference and one division losses..

You can't give home games away like that.

They would almost have to win out to earn a wild card, and I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

I don't even think we beat Miami.

sudzy
11-10-2014, 03:39 PM

I get the feeling that that Belichick could beat the Bills even if he was coaching Lockport's girls soccer team against them.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2014, 06:14 PM

Put down the pipe and piss off yourself idiot.

HAMMER
11-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Simmer down Hurkey Jerk.