PDA

View Full Version : Let's just beat the holy piss out of the Dolphins

Ed
11-10-2014, 01:17 PM
I really don't want to keep thinking about how aggravating this loss to the Chiefs is. I'd love to be able to move on it from it sooner than later and facing the Fins on a short week is the best opportunity to do that. I know the Fins have looked a lot better lately and this game definitely concerns me, but it would be awesome if the Bills could just roll into Miami and stomp the Fins for another sweep.

It looks like the Fins are 5.5 point favorites right now, which seems a little high to me considering how well the Bills have played on the road this year and how much they have caused nightmares for Tannehill. They just lost their probowl LT, Albert, to a torn ACL so I want to see this D-line wreak some serious havoc and make life miserable for the Fins O.

Let's stop crying about all our problems and just squish the f*** out of the fish.

Pinkerton Security
11-10-2014, 01:19 PM
We can all agree on this!!!

Jimbuktu
11-10-2014, 01:26 PM
HELL YES.

I wish the game was tomorrow!

A win in Miami would be so, so sweet.

Ed
11-10-2014, 01:51 PM
The Bills might be behind in the tie-breaker scenarios right now, but a win this Thursday would not only seal a tie-breaker against the Fins, but it would also move them ahead of Baltimore.

Also, Cleveland's conference record doesn't matter right now because the head to head in a few weeks will determine that tie-breaker.

KC and SD are the only teams that have sealed tie-breakers against the Bills, but both have tough remaining schedules and they still face each other one more time.

Still a lot to be determined, but if the Bills want to play meaningful games in December, they really have to get this win. 5-5 with 5 AFC losses would likely be too tough of a hill to climb.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Let's stop crying about all our problems and just squish the f*** out of the fish.

You sound like Wilson that year that he said he didn't care if we were 2-14 as long as we beat the Fins twice.

To each his own, but some of us are more concerned about the team's status moving forward and doing everything we can in avoidance of once again having the same Groundhog-Day discussions this time next and subsequent years.

How are we going to do that? Our resources and therefore our options are limited for next year.

Should those responsible for putting us in this position be held accountable? Who are they? What's Whaley going to do for an encore to trading away multiple valuable picks to get Watkins?

At this point in time, beating the Fins or not this Thursday, we're once again looking at overall performance that has not suggested that we've over any humps as many seemed to have thought entering this (and past) seasons.

A win @ the Fins would be nice but it doesn't do much for next season. This season's a hair away from irrelevancy, again.

Forward_Lateral
11-10-2014, 01:53 PM
The Fins losing to Detroit, and the Jets beating the Squealers really helped the Bills out in the wild card race. Now. Beat Miami, please. I don't know if my blood pressure can handle two losses in the span of 4 days.

Fletch
11-10-2014, 01:56 PM
The Bills might be behind in the tie-breaker scenarios right now, but a win this Thursday would not only seal a tie-breaker against the Fins, but it would also move them ahead of Baltimore.

Also, Cleveland's conference record doesn't matter right now because the head to head in a few weeks will determine that tie-breaker.

KC and SD are the only teams that have sealed tie-breakers against the Bills, but both have tough remaining schedules and they still face each other one more time.

Still a lot to be determined, but if the Bills want to play meaningful games in December, they really have to get this win. 5-5 with 5 AFC losses would likely be too tough of a hill to climb.

One game at a time. If we don't win on TNF then it's all but over.

Someone threw out some stats about 5-4 teams making the playoffs. There are currently 8 teams that have better records than 5-4 in the AFC. Of the two others at 5-4 one is the Chargers who own the tiebreaker over us. The other is the Fins. Either way, there are four teams ahead of us for that final WC spot.

Ed
11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
The Fins losing to Detroit, and the Jets beating the Squealers really helped the Bills out in the wild card race. Now. Beat Miami, please. I don't know if my blood pressure can handle two losses in the span of 4 days.
Losing a Thursday night game is like losing before the bye.

BillsImpossible
11-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Divisional records matter more than conference records.

If I had to split between KC and Miami, I'll take the win over Miami because it matters more.

6-4 overall and a 3-1 divisional record is less than 3 days away.

When it comes down to the wild card race, divisional records count the most in a tight race.

paladin warrior
11-10-2014, 08:33 PM
The Fins losing to Detroit, and the Jets beating the Squealers really helped the Bills out in the wild card race. Now. Beat Miami, please. I don't know if my blood pressure can handle two losses in the span of 4 days. Yea me too.. My brain mind Goes crazy "why fumble 2 time WHY!!!!!!! ." over and over and over . My brain mind won't stop . I want to see beat the hell-dolphin f,,k It bloody bad.

JohnnyGold
11-10-2014, 09:37 PM
We will, don't worry. Bills are a top 5 team in the conference with Orton at QB.

Unfortunately, we have to play the other top 4 teams in the conference, including the Pats 2x.

A loss to the Chiefs, a loss to the Chargers, and a loss to the Patriots--that Broncos game and that remaining Pats game is huge.

But yes, we are head, shoulders, sternum, thighs, knees and ankles above the Dolphins. We'll kill them.

Ed
11-10-2014, 10:10 PM
We will, don't worry. Bills are a top 5 team in the conference with Orton at QB.

Unfortunately, we have to play the other top 4 teams in the conference, including the Pats 2x.

A loss to the Chiefs, a loss to the Chargers, and a loss to the Patriots--that Broncos game and that remaining Pats game is huge.

But yes, we are head, shoulders, sternum, thighs, knees and ankles above the Dolphins. We'll kill them.
I hope so. I really thought the fins were a pretender earlier in the year and that their season could quickly unravel when they started talking about benching Tannehill. But they have looked really good lately. I don't know why the Bills have matched up so well against them recently, but I don't see why that trend can't continue. I know fin fans are at least worried about facing our D. I'm excited to see how the team responds playing a good divisional opponent on the road during a short week. I'm actually glad the Dolphins look like a decent team. It's a lot more exciting to think about taking this game on a big stage when both teams have winning records and legitimate playoff hopes compared to previous years.

jamze132
11-11-2014, 03:29 AM
Something tells me we're going to lay a complete egg in Miami Thursday night. This team is extremely frustrated from Sunday's 4th qtr meltdown and I don't think Marrone will get this team focused in time. Just listen to Marbles tell you how mad he is... Lmao

I really hope I'm wrong and we can get back in this thing but I had my own meltdown Sunday and acted like a little baby while I smashed my head into the door several times and asked my wife to take the knife and stick it in my stomach and and slice my guts out.

- - - Updated - - -

Something tells me we're going to lay a complete egg in Miami Thursday night. This team is extremely frustrated from Sunday's 4th qtr meltdown and I don't think Marrone will get this team focused in time. Just listen to Marbles tell you how mad he is... Lmao

I really hope I'm wrong and we can get back in this thing but I had my own meltdown Sunday and acted like a little baby while I smashed my head into the door several times and asked my wife to take the knife and stick it in my stomach and and slice my guts out.

ServoBillieves
11-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Squish the mother****ing fish. Their colors are stupid, their mama's don't love them, and they need to be crushed in to oblivion.

Static
11-11-2014, 10:41 AM
While I hope the game is exciting and has implications. History just tells me different. There are to many good teams ahead of us and our successes are so fragile. Both of our teams had a game last Sunday to make a statement and once again we dropped the ball. Yes one of us has to win Sunday, but all that will do it drop one of us further down the draft. Both our defenses are good, but not good enough. Our offenses are inconsistent. While i would love for our teams to be relevant again, i just don't feel this is the year, and we are both heading to the middle of the draft again.

But good luck on sunday.

Novacane
11-11-2014, 01:41 PM

Leodis?

Mike13
11-11-2014, 04:09 PM

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--EZBLzoLG--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/an4f3fe1rjmeqpdk2qeb.gif

Hey, as long as Orton throws to this guy, all will be well.

TakingItuptheChin
11-11-2014, 08:40 PM
But what if we lose to the Dolphins?

pmoon6
11-12-2014, 05:31 AM
But what if we lose to the Dolphins?Hopefully then all the "realists" will kill themselves.

Nah, too much to hope for.

They'll be on here saying "I told you so" and polishing their knobs while laughing their asses off.

Forward_Lateral
11-12-2014, 06:51 AM
But what if we lose to the Dolphins?

This board will implode.

Fletch
11-12-2014, 07:45 AM
This board will implode.

LOL, yeah it will.

Mike13
11-13-2014, 11:10 PM
LULZ

BOBM253
11-14-2014, 08:31 AM
oops

Mike13
11-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Squish the mother****ing fish. Their colors are stupid, their mama's don't love them, and they need to be crushed in to oblivion.

LOL