PDA

View Full Version : my ridicule of marrone

djjimkelly
11-10-2014, 03:33 PM
yesterday i was frustrated on the basis of performance, today i still am but lets add in coaching.

i can think of lots of things that i would have done differently if i was him but i will dwell on only one situation!

1st and 10 at KC 15 (2:47) K.Orton pass incomplete short right to S.Watkins (R.Parker). Underthrown, receiver at goal line near pylon.
2nd and 10 at KC 15 (2:42) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass incomplete short left to C.Hogan (R.Parker). Overthrown, receiver near sideline 7 yds. into end zone.
3rd and 10 at KC 15 (2:37) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass incomplete short middle to C.Hogan. Overthrown, receiver 4 yds. into end zone, slanting from left.
Timeout #1 by KC at 02:32.
4th and 10 at KC 15 (2:31) (Shotgun) K.Orton pass incomplete short right to S.Watkins (R.Parker). Receiver at goal line underthrown, nearly intercepted at KC 2.

now orton will get a pass from me to bash apart doug marrone and nathanial hackett

from a game theory perspective we are on the 15 yard line with 2:47 left even if any of these play calls work to put us ahead are we really trying to go ahead by 3 with over 2 minutes left in the modern nfl.

if anyone of the horrific throws by mr orton connect on downs 1 thru 4 this coaching staff was intent by the plays we called to not run down any clock

in a year where ive been baffled by our insistence regardless QB to run basically up the middle on 1st and 2nd down on its feels like 40% maybe more of the bills drives in 2014

we prove to everyone how smart we are by not running at all in the ONE SITUATION all year where we did not have to score a first down keeps the dream alive.

marrone and hackett decide 4 endzone throws 1st and 10 from the 15 with 2:47 is the answer.

ill call it right now anything less then 9-7 marrone will be fired. whaley and him dont see eye to eye and this will be an easy decision

YardRat
11-10-2014, 03:47 PM
I just got home and haven't caught up all of the threads, so if I'm wrong because of something somebody said bear with me, but I'm not sure if it was play calling from the sideline, or audibles by Orton.

As far as Marrone and Whaley not getting along, I've been sensing that has been building since the report of the preseason public spat. Don't know who to damn on that one either, especially if the argument was over QB, and which side was insistent on getting somebody else (which ended up being Orton) in here. If Whaley had to be convinced by Marrone, that's kind of in Marrone's favor, IMO.

I do know that Pat Morris, and to a slightly lesser extent Hackett, are both at the top of my **** list, but Marrone's moving up the ranks.

Luisito23
11-10-2014, 03:55 PM
If there's one good thing that came out of this loss was that it is one step closer to Marrone's firing.

cookie G
11-10-2014, 05:02 PM
they should have put EJ in.

djjimkelly
11-10-2014, 05:20 PM
they should have put EJ in.

really cookie this thread has my thoughts on the qb situation

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/226673-I-think-Orton-is-top-15

i have nothing against orton just there is no point of him the qb to get the same results as someone who is probably crap as well but i promise you EJ will be a reality soon enough

id like to start from scratch next year some new FA hell 2 drafted qbs anyone just someone age appropriate who has a real and long term upside

WagonCircler
11-10-2014, 06:54 PM
really cookie this thread has my thoughts on the qb situation

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/226673-I-think-Orton-is-top-15

i have nothing against orton just there is no point of him the qb to get the same results as someone who is probably crap as well but i promise you EJ will be a reality soon enough

id like to start from scratch next year some new FA hell 2 drafted qbs anyone just someone age appropriate who has a real and long term upside

You're an EJ fan. You know NOTHING.

Shut your Canadian ass up.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Marrone sucks.

HAMMER
11-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Yeah, let's blow it all up and start over again, right? New systems all around, that will help matters.

Mace
11-10-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't like Marrone for hiring Morris and Hackett, not hiring a QB coach 1st year, hiring a bad one 2nd, not realizing Urbik was more stable than Richardson, allowing Pears to be moved to guard instead of Urbik, not leaving Pears at tackle and not making Henderson questionable. I don't like Hackett because he thought he was a fine QB coach able to be an OC also, spending a year and a half getting the hang of play calling (and this last game I thought he was, he's sparked some feel for it in past games, rhythm, pace), but 2 years of learning is too much for me to tolerate because it will take him more time next year with changes in personnel again.

I do not like Whaley because adding Watkins was like bosoms on a bull to an incomplete offense all things considered, we have no 1st round pick next year to fix anything, and frankly he's looking out of tune with what his team could produce in adding frosting to a cake that isn't baked yet or what his coaching staff needed as opposed to what he thought they needed.

I have absolutely no blame for Orton, meant to come in and try and clean it up best he can, or Manuel who was so obviously a project QB coming in and denied a vet mentor, capable OC, QB coach or a dependable OL to help him accomplish anything, though they added a marquee receiver as they once added a marquee running back and a bad QB coach and dorked around a lot with using raw rookies to destabilize their own OL which only had one (LG) terrible hole when it all started though HC is a "OL line guy".

If they are all fired it won't hurt my feelings, at least we can start the process of maybe again. I don't think they are learning a whole lot from their on-the-job training and I've seen this before for soooo many years already. If they continue, they are leading us into 5 more years of mediocre aggravation, imho.

BertSquirtgum
11-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah, let's blow it all up and start over again, right? New systems all around, that will help matters.

Yepp. It will.

djjimkelly
11-10-2014, 07:59 PM

i wish we could keep schwarz somehow and im not done with the GM yet he has done lots of good also

Owen DeBoard
11-11-2014, 04:05 AM
What has me mad is Marrone tried to draw the Chiefs offsides on 4th and inches instead of having a set of balls and going for it. You have to take chances in this league.

swiper
11-11-2014, 04:09 AM
They should NOT have put Manuel in.

- - - Updated - - -

What has me mad is Marrone tried to draw the Chiefs offsides on 4th and inches instead of having a set of balls and going for it. You have to take chances in this league.

They did that once and Seantrel Henderson flinched and drew the penalty.

better days
11-11-2014, 05:12 AM
They should NOT have put Manuel in.

- - - Updated - - -

They did that once and Seantrel Henderson flinched and drew the penalty.

They were NOT trying to go for it, but were trying to get the Chiefs to jump offsides.

Fred Jackson said that on WGR yesterday.

That was CONSERVATIVE BS Coaching as Owen said.

The Chiefs faced 4th down from the Bills 39 yd line.

Went for it & scored a TD.

But my main frustration with Marrone is his failure to makes use of Mike Williams, the 2nd best WR on the team.

swiper
11-11-2014, 11:21 AM
They were NOT trying to go for it, but were trying to get the Chiefs to jump offsides.

Fred Jackson said that on WGR yesterday.

That was CONSERVATIVE BS Coaching as Owen said.

The Chiefs faced 4th down from the Bills 39 yd line.

Went for it & scored a TD.

But my main frustration with Marrone is his failure to makes use of Mike Williams, the 2nd best WR on the team.

Yeah. I don't know if he's the second best WR, but I don't understand why they won't use him. Like I said elsewhere, Williams clearly po'd Marrone somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

But Marrone needs to let him out of the dog house so they can win games like last Sunday.

Mace
11-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah. I don't know if he's the second best WR, but I don't understand why they won't use him. Like I said elsewhere, Williams clearly po'd Marrone somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

But Marrone needs to let him out of the dog house so they can win games like last Sunday.

I have a big problem with that too. Williams made his bones in the red zone where we have the worst trouble. It's like how not trying Urbik was inexplicable. You'd think a vet mean receiver would have a better chemistry right off the start with a vet QB willing to fling it to him. Still bothers me, why did we get him, why did we keep Urbik if he was so bad (but sure doesn't look like it to me at the moment, it looked like using him stabilized the o-line significantly).

These are just not good signs in year 2 when a good program is fine tuning for full speed on the gas.

BertSquirtgum
11-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Marrone should be fired at the end of the year when the Bills are 7-9.

HAMMER
11-11-2014, 08:25 PM
He won't.